Edward Blanket

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Dukes_mom » February 15th, 2011, 4:38 am

I was going to make this for my mom for her birthday, but then I decided she didn't really love Edward as much as I do. She prefers Harry Potter more, so I will be makeing a Harry Potter blanket for her instead.

Anyways, I started this blanket last Saturday February 5th and I made it to 50% this Sunday. I plan to have it done by this friday. So 4 days to do 50 more rows. I can do that lol atleast I hope I can, just 12 rows a day.

Here is the blanket at 50%

I will show updates and the finished blanket. I really can't wait to have it finished and cuddle with it at the midnight release of Breaking Dawn :mrgreen:
~*~Rebecca~*~
Dukes_mom
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » February 15th, 2011, 6:43 am

:shock: That is amazing!!!! While I would prefer Jon Bon Jovi on mine, that is a great gift!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby FAB dogs » February 15th, 2011, 8:15 am

How cool! Is it crocheted?
Tina
Avery - Southpawz Elf Queen, CGC- Siberian Psycho Terrier
Brogan - Southpawz Mystery Man, CGC - Ephelis Spaniel
Fenway - Southpawz 4 Yawkey Way -Bull Collie
And the crazy cats
FAB dogs
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » February 15th, 2011, 8:32 am

Oooh...I'm impressed! Can't wait to see the finished product! :)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Dukes_mom » February 15th, 2011, 8:45 am

Thanks everyone. When I was first considering even doing this blanket I thought I was crazy. Now I can't wait to see the end product.

Hmm Jon Bon Jovi... I don't know if I have seen many crochet blankets of him :D

Yes, it is crochet. I can post the pattern if anyone is brave enough :)
http://tracysthings.blogspot.com/2010/05/edward.html
~*~Rebecca~*~
Dukes_mom
Just Whelped

Postby furever_pit » February 15th, 2011, 9:11 am

That's cool!
Good job.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby plebayo » February 15th, 2011, 10:15 am

:shock:

:loveU: :eekDrool:
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » February 15th, 2011, 10:45 pm

Wow, that really is impressive work!
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby plebayo » February 15th, 2011, 11:28 pm

ParisStreetPitCrew wrote:Wow, that really is impressive work!

I meant to say that too! :oops:

I still can't really get past knitting scarfs and I'm still only doing a basic knit stitch lol.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby SisMorphine » February 16th, 2011, 12:08 am

Wow that's amazing! I never got past crocheting a straight line. I'm uber-impressed!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby plebayo » February 16th, 2011, 12:18 am

SisMorphine wrote:Wow that's amazing! I never got past crocheting a straight line. I'm uber-impressed!!

My mom showed me how to crochet a long time ago... it was far from a straight line :neener:
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » February 16th, 2011, 6:28 am

My Mom taught us all how to knit and crochett, but as I told Suzanne....she always "started" the project for us. So, I CAN knit/crochett, but I have no idea how to begin the project. :|

I remember I made my first boyfriend, Charlie a sweater! It came out rather well, too. At least he wore it. But then maybe he just wanted sex....
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Dukes_mom » February 16th, 2011, 7:25 am

Well I'm at 60% and I found a nose!

Here is the back of the project to show its ugly side lol I think the part of his jacket looks awesome fuzzy. I will be backeing this blanket with a piece of fleece, so no one will ever see this side.

iluvk9 wrote:My Mom taught us all how to knit and crochett, but as I told Suzanne....she always "started" the project for us. So, I CAN knit/crochett, but I have no idea how to begin the project. :|

I remember I made my first boyfriend, Charlie a sweater! It came out rather well, too. At least he wore it. But then maybe he just wanted sex....

It really isn't hard to learn how to knit or crochet. I learned both on youtube. You can also pick up classes at a local yarn store.

Ahhh I'm so jealous that you made a sweater!! I don't think I ever will. They are to much work lol plus getting the sizes right on them is hard. And yes a sweater is to much work...sounds odd comeing from me working on a blanket with 10,000 stitches. Plus A LOT of color changes. Sweaters are just to hard.
~*~Rebecca~*~
Dukes_mom
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » February 16th, 2011, 9:21 pm

I crocheted a sweater, it was all double and triple crochets - it wasn't hard at all, and I can't imagine it's less time consuming than that blanket!!! And might I suggest you leave longer "tags" and weave them in? Those look pretty short and it would be really sad if it unraveled!

You better be careful in that movie theater, you'll get mugged for the blanket!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » February 16th, 2011, 9:42 pm

Sweetie, I was 16, so we are talking "a few years ago". 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Dukes_mom » February 18th, 2011, 1:29 am

Uh oh I'm in trouble, I ran out of 1 grey...So I will be not be able to work on it until tomorrow or Saturday when I can buy some more. The grey that ran out was from my yarn stash. I figured I had enough but nope, so darn it. I'm not at 70% yet, I'm sad that I ran out of yarn.

I will also be stopped when I get to his eyes. I am waiting for the right color to come in the mail. When I was shopping for the yarn I couldn't find the right color for his eyes. Luckily I'm getting some for free in the mail :D Some people are just awesome and amazeing!

So now I'm just gonna work on a couple quick projects inbetween, then when I get the yarn this weekend I will be back on track.
~*~Rebecca~*~
Dukes_mom
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » February 18th, 2011, 6:41 am

Are you following a pattern in words or a photo?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Dukes_mom » February 18th, 2011, 8:23 am

iluvk9 wrote:Are you following a pattern in words or a photo?

Well every one goes like this:
RS Row 1: colour:0 sc11, colour:3 sc1, colour:4 sc7, colour:3 sc10, colour:4 sc22, colour:5 sc6, colour:4 sc4, colour:3 sc1, colour:2 sc2, colour:1 sc1, colour:0 sc11, colour:2 sc1, colour:0 sc2, colour:1 sc1, colour:0 sc9, colour:1 sc1, colour:0 sc7, colour:1 sc3

I have a key I made with the color number and a piece of yarn next to it showing the color. But now being so far in the project I know the colors and numbers by heart.
~*~Rebecca~*~
Dukes_mom
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » February 18th, 2011, 12:20 pm

And that is why I BUY things already made. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » February 18th, 2011, 2:49 pm

This is probably a really stupid question, but who is Edward? :?
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Next

Return to Off-Topic