Horsin' around!

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby plebayo » February 13th, 2011, 12:23 am

I work with a girl who also has a horse. She let me come out to the barn with her a few times and ride her mare. She's come out once to ride my horse but it was a while back so she came out to ride today. She's a really nice rider and I'm hoping after school is out [she's only 17 :p] we might trade ponies and my horse will go to her barn for boot camp and I'll just putt around on her mare at my barn :P Kelsey [coworker] likes to jump but her mare had a suspensory tear injury a couple of years ago - she's sound now but probably shouldn't do much jumping. If she borrows Cairo she'll be able to do some jumping so it would be a fun trade all around and my horse might come back with some good manners :wave2: Anywho these are pictures from today's ride on the hairy beast!

Cairo says: "I hate my life!"

Cairo is still not really a fan of "working" but at least Kelsey was having fun!

Cairo making an attempt at actually working and using herself.

I just like how this picture came out.

Trying to get a picture with her ears forward :neener:
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby SLS61185 » February 13th, 2011, 4:26 am

Pretty horse! Now, how do you pronounce her (this whole time I've thought SHE was a HE, lol) name?
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby iluvk9 » February 13th, 2011, 7:47 am

What a great idea, to trade for awhile!! Cairo looks beautiful!

And when do I get to live with you and your horsey? :confused:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 13th, 2011, 9:23 am

I love surly mares! lol
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby FAB dogs » February 13th, 2011, 10:39 am

She's pretty. What breed of horse is she?
Tina
Avery - Southpawz Elf Queen, CGC- Siberian Psycho Terrier
Brogan - Southpawz Mystery Man, CGC - Ephelis Spaniel
Fenway - Southpawz 4 Yawkey Way -Bull Collie
And the crazy cats
FAB dogs
Just Whelped

Postby plebayo » February 13th, 2011, 1:05 pm

SLS61185 wrote:Pretty horse! Now, how do you pronounce her (this whole time I've thought SHE was a HE, lol) name?

It's pronounced KY-row. I named her after the capital in Egypt because I like Egyptian things... when I got her her name was Tiki - short for Tequila and I thought it was dumb lol.

iluvk9 wrote:What a great idea, to trade for awhile!! Cairo looks beautiful!

And when do I get to live with you and your horsey? :confused:

Dude any time! My roommates are looking at getting a Jack Russel Terrier [dumb!], if they can get a dog I'm sure I can bring home someone from PBT!

FAB dogs wrote:She's pretty. What breed of horse is she?

She's a Thoroughbred. She raced as a 3 year old but only won about $5k... She's going to be 19 this year but doesn't act like she's an old lady.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby amalie79 » February 13th, 2011, 5:51 pm

Wait-- your roomies with the baby want a JACK RUSSEL? Wow. That sounds like a great move. I mean, why not? They're so easy and low-maintenance. :rolleyes2:
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby plebayo » February 13th, 2011, 5:58 pm

amalie79 wrote:Wait-- your roomies with the baby want a JACK RUSSEL? Wow. That sounds like a great move. I mean, why not? They're so easy and low-maintenance. :rolleyes2:

It's horrible. I was really close to just trying to find a new place but honestly, it is their problem and I just need to try my hardest to stay out of it. You know, according to the male roommate his friend has a Jack Russel "who is a really cool dog". I tried to talk them into looking at shelter mutts because often times you can find a dog who is a good combination of things but it was a no go. Plus he thinks it's important that the dog is AKC registered. I had to explain to him that AKC registers entire litters and that it has nothing to do with the quality of the dog, just that it is purebred.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby amalie79 » February 13th, 2011, 6:27 pm

Well, there are exceptions in every breed. But I cannot imagine trying to take care of a teething baby and a JRT. But that's just me. :|

On topic, however, your horse is beautiful!

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby plebayo » February 13th, 2011, 6:36 pm

amalie79 wrote:Well, there are exceptions in every breed. But I cannot imagine trying to take care of a teething baby and a JRT. But that's just me. :|

On topic, however, your horse is beautiful!

There are definitely exceptions however these people are definitely not cut out for a terrier. At least a JRT can only kill small things... :|

And thank you! She's kind of hairy and gross right now, but I haven't taken pictures of her in ages, so I thought it was time!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby amalie79 » February 13th, 2011, 6:40 pm

plebayo wrote:There are definitely exceptions however these people are definitely not cut out for a terrier. At least a JRT can only kill small things... :|

Like... bebes?!?! :shock:

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby furever_pit » February 13th, 2011, 10:22 pm

She is such a pretty horse!
They can be so funny when you start asking them to work more than they are used to. I could swear the horse I was working yesterday just kept rolling her eyes at me. When I got off of her she freaked out and was making all these noises like, "Thank God! We are done!" lol

PS - I love that your horse and my dog share a name. Everyone makes fun of me for naming my dog after Cairo, Egypt. Now I don't feel so stupid. haha. Although, when you think about it in the context of the current political environment...it's a freaking kickbutt name!
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby plebayo » February 13th, 2011, 11:02 pm

furever_pit wrote:She is such a pretty horse!
They can be so funny when you start asking them to work more than they are used to. I could swear the horse I was working yesterday just kept rolling her eyes at me. When I got off of her she freaked out and was making all these noises like, "Thank God! We are done!" lol

PS - I love that your horse and my dog share a name. Everyone makes fun of me for naming my dog after Cairo, Egypt. Now I don't feel so stupid. haha. Although, when you think about it in the context of the current political environment...it's a freaking kickbutt name!

LOL this is so true! Cairo really hates arena work, and honestly, I do too. I'd rather be jumping or trail riding than flat work any day.

LOL why do they make fun of you?! Every new person I meet can never pronounce her name right, they call her Karo, like Karo syrup :rolleyes2: I've never had anyone knock it but you can tell sometimes they think it's a weird name. The thing is when I got her I already had a chicken named Egypt... I think I looked at a few egyptian god names but Cairo just seemed to fit.

Why did you name your boy Cairo?
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby copperlegend » February 14th, 2011, 12:03 pm

Pretty pony!
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire