Subscribed topic emails...

Have a question/comment/concern about the board in general? Post it here

Postby BigDogBuford » February 10th, 2011, 9:16 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:I don't subscribe...I like to be surprised. ;)

I practice safe subscription.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Pit♥bull » February 10th, 2011, 9:28 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:I practice safe subscription.

:spit:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » February 10th, 2011, 10:16 pm

More have come through...the last was at 8:16 pm...others at 7 pm and 7:22pm

and a new one at 9:22pm
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby BigDogBuford » February 10th, 2011, 10:22 pm

Last one I got at 5:28 and it was dated correctly.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby TheRedQueen » February 11th, 2011, 9:13 am

I got two more in the early morning...2 am or so.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby Pit♥bull » February 11th, 2011, 9:21 am

TheRedQueen wrote:I got two more in the early morning...2 am or so.
Check the topic and forum that the last email was in reference to.
At the bottom of the topic and forum be sure there is a check mark and not a x in the subscribe.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » February 11th, 2011, 9:35 am

Pit♥Bull wrote:
TheRedQueen wrote:I got two more in the early morning...2 am or so.
Check the topic and forum that the last email was in reference to.
At the bottom of the topic and forum be sure there is a check mark and not a x in the subscribe.

When the emails came in last night, I checked those topics...and I'm not subscribed to them... :|

TheRedQueen

Postby Pit♥bull » February 11th, 2011, 9:44 am

It's real confusing.

This is subscribed (x)
is.png

Not subscribed (check mark)
not.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » February 11th, 2011, 9:46 am

Yup...I even clicked on them a couple of times to see it say "you are subscribed" and then clicked to "you are unsubscribed". ;) All of my topics have a checkmark. :|

ETA, I just double checked (no pun intended) for the 10th time...and the "Classic Car Litter" thread is one I keep getting notifications on...and at the bottom, there is a checkmark, and it says "subscribe topic"

TheRedQueen

Postby Pit♥bull » February 11th, 2011, 9:58 am

Humor me and check those settings in your user control panel again viewtopic.php?p=403859#p403859
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » February 11th, 2011, 10:05 am

This is what it says...because I don't know how to do a screen capture:

Below is a list of forums and topics you are subscribed to. You will be notified of new posts in either. To unsubscribe mark the forum or topic and then press the Unwatch marked button.

You are not subscribed to any forums.

TheRedQueen

Postby Pit♥bull » February 11th, 2011, 10:17 am

Look at the image in that post.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » February 11th, 2011, 10:20 am

Pit♥Bull wrote:Look at the image in that post.

There are pages of threads listed, but they're all unmarked...and they're not the ones I'm getting emails about anyway.

I'm so confused.

TheRedQueen

Postby Pit♥bull » February 11th, 2011, 10:28 am

The board has reached its image quota which means I can't post a screen shot now. Michelle has been notified.

Erin, check your PM's
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » February 11th, 2011, 11:02 am

Erin,
I just unsubscribed you from over 500 topics, no wonder you were getting those emails.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » February 11th, 2011, 11:05 am

TheRedQueen wrote:There are pages of threads listed, but they're all unmarked...and they're not the ones I'm getting emails about anyway.

I'm so confused.
if they are there, you are subscribed. To unsubscribe you must place a check mark, go to bottom and click unwatch.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » February 11th, 2011, 4:44 pm

So if I hit "Unmark all" and hit unwatch, it won't work? I saw that I had those topics, but they were all unmarked...and the ones that I'm getting in my inbox weren't listed anyway.

I got six more this afternoon, all from 1:49 pm

ETA...thanks Bob, forgot to say that earlier! I'm still completely confused, but thanks for all that you do! :wave2: :D

TheRedQueen

Postby Pit♥bull » February 11th, 2011, 5:07 pm

As long as you see ANY in that area they are active. To remove you must mark them and click the unwatch.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » February 11th, 2011, 5:08 pm

How am I getting subscribed to them? I never hit the subscribe button...:|

Okay, so hit mark all and unwatch.

TheRedQueen

Postby Pit♥bull » February 11th, 2011, 5:14 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:How am I getting subscribed to them? I never hit the subscribe button...:|
The next topic reply you make look at the bottom, below the attachment tab, and see if 'Notify me when a reply is posted' is checked.

TheRedQueen wrote:Okay, so hit mark all and unwatch.
Correct :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Questions / Problems