Wish us luck

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » February 6th, 2011, 1:38 pm

Michelle, I completely understand and respect what you're saying. And yes, if we gave them more time we could certainly make things work. My dogs did not outright hate him and could get along well together in time. I'm just not ready for that work and I feel like 4 dogs is just too much. My stipulation was that he could come stay for a few days to help give them a break and we did so. I was hoping we could take him to meet some of our friends who might be interested in taking him. Everyone he met loved him, but the time was not right for anyone... and I knew he missed his boys. He belongs in a home with children, I think.
As much as I like him, I just think it's too much in our house. I'm not looking to crate and rotate or re-train a new guy now. I have always felt that if we were to get another dog, it would be a smaller one-- not a gigantic one.
If we had two less dogs, he could fit in here and be fine... with the exception of Twitch... which is another deal all together. ;)
He went home this morning.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby Tubular Toby » February 6th, 2011, 5:02 pm

mnp13 wrote:I don't mean to sound judgemental, so please don't take it that way, but may I suggest that perhaps you rushed things a bit? When I got Riggs, he didn't meet Ruby for weeks. I didn't want to chance a problem and end up with three dogs on c-n-r right form the start.

If you really like him, may I suggest you give the dogs more time, but time apart. Let them get used to each other's smells, sounds, etc.

I'm not saying that the problems will go away, but it might help even things out.

Just a thought.

I was kind of thinking this, but unable to put it into words. =) Obviously I don't know the whole story, but this is pretty sound advice.
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby mnp13 » February 7th, 2011, 9:05 pm

ParisStreetPitCrew wrote:If we had two less dogs, he could fit in here and be fine... with the exception of Twitch... which is another deal all together.

Well, it sounds like you made the best decision for your family! Good. :D
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » February 7th, 2011, 9:10 pm

Made me realize I'm not ready for another dog either.
A good reminder, since I always want to adopt every dog I see or read about who needs a home... :sad2:
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby Tubular Toby » February 7th, 2011, 9:25 pm

Somehow I totally missed your response to what Michelle said when I posted. Sorry! Sounds like a good decision. =)
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby plebayo » February 8th, 2011, 10:40 am

ParisStreetPitCrew wrote:Made me realize I'm not ready for another dog either.
A good reminder, since I always want to adopt every dog I see or read about who needs a home... :sad2:

Good for you for being able to realize what you can handle/want to handle. I'm like you... I want to adopt everything too :mrgreen:

Even with a slow introduction if it's going to mess with your dog's routine and schedule, why bother? I know I've always felt that the resident dogs should come first - if a new dog is going to change their lives, do they really need a new dog in the house anyway?
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Previous

Return to Pit Bull Talk