Wish us luck

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » February 3rd, 2011, 8:24 pm

Phil's brother and sister-in-law have been trying to rehome their 2 y/o weim/lab/g.dane mix, Brownie. I love this dog, but he really has not been getting any of the attention or discipline he needs. He is rambunctious, gigantic, and ill-mannered-- but he is very sweet and playful.
So... Phil just went to pick him up to try him out here for a few days. That was my stipulation-- for a few days--to see how he gets along with our crew and whether or not Phil can handle him. Phil's the one at home during the day, so he'll mostly be handling this. I figure this will at the very least give his SIL a break before she just decides to give him to the first Joe off the street who wants him.
Not sure how well this will go over with the crew, so wish us luck. I hope he's decently crate-trained! They've had a crate we gave them since he was a pup, so I at least hope he's familiar with it.
Yikes.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » February 3rd, 2011, 8:29 pm

ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 3rd, 2011, 8:55 pm

Good luck! He's cute. :)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby madremissy » February 3rd, 2011, 9:25 pm

Awww he is adorable. I hope it works out for you and Phil and if not that you can find a wonderful home.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby mnp13 » February 3rd, 2011, 9:44 pm

another PONY!!! :)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Jenn » February 3rd, 2011, 11:03 pm

Definitely unique looking, best of luck guys!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby copperlegend » February 3rd, 2011, 11:04 pm

that is one dashing looking dog!! good luck!
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby iluvk9 » February 4th, 2011, 7:34 am

OH MY GOD!!! Add 50 pounds to him and he is as big as Truman! Now I KNOW Truman has Great Dane in him.

He is quite adorable and I am hoping he becomes a member of your family. If he does, he will be ONE VERY LUCKY DOG!!!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby hugapitbull » February 4th, 2011, 8:13 am

He is one big boy! Good luck.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby plebayo » February 4th, 2011, 9:05 am

He's pretty cute! Do they know his breed for sure? The only reason I ask is the second picture totally says Dobie!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby plebayo » February 4th, 2011, 9:18 am

And I realize he's a mix... just curious if they know they exact mix :p The forum froze on me and wouldn't let me edit the post p
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby TheRedQueen » February 4th, 2011, 9:37 am

plebayo wrote:He's pretty cute! Do they know his breed for sure? The only reason I ask is the second picture totally says Dobie!

I thought the same thing! I knew a lab dobie...that looked just like this, but smaller.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » February 4th, 2011, 10:11 am

We don't know breeds for sure-- besides mom was a weimaraner. I'm not sure how big Dobe males get? He's seriously as big as my dining room table.

Not sure how well this is going to play out. In one little hop he can jump the 3 foot baby gate.
The other dogs are very anxious about it.

He jumped into the TV room with the other three dogs this morning and Shades was happy for a minute, then Brownie started moving around and they began snarking at eachother. I yelled and Phil got made at me for yelling (because it doesn't help the situation, and I know that).

Wish them luck today while I'm at work! I'm so worried about a fight... he's a very big guy.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby SisMorphine » February 4th, 2011, 5:58 pm

Good luck! Big, rambunctious, and ill-mannered . . . sounds like every single dog I have in daycare.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » February 4th, 2011, 7:56 pm

Well, he's not as ill-mannered as they made him sound-- or he's just not showing his true colors yet.... but I just don't think it's going to work out with my three. Shades likes him and they played all day. Piper does not like him but is pretty tolerant for a dominant male, and SIdda is very scared.
So, I think he'll go back home tomorrow unfortunately.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » February 5th, 2011, 12:14 am

Aww I'm sorry Alli. But on a happy note I see a glimpse of Philiscious! :wink:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby CinderDee » February 5th, 2011, 5:31 am

I'm sorry to hear that he's going back. I hope he gets a good home. :)
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » February 5th, 2011, 1:45 pm

cheekymunkee wrote: But on a happy note I see a glimpse of Philiscious! :wink:

BWAHAHAHA!!!

I'm pretty sad it's not working out because he is SUCH A COOL DOG! I love him lots, but my dogs are too stressed and upset.
He's not naughty OR rambunctious. He listens very well to a stern "no". He's just really curious and because he's so big, he can reach everything. You need to watch him or he'll get into things. VERY food motivated. He's just a nice big ol' galoot! We gave him a bath today and he just sat there until we were done and then just stepped right out of the tub for me.
Anyway, I guess he'll go back to Phil's brother's and they said that they're gonna keep him until he finds the right home. I really wish one of my friends could take him. I'm just smitten.
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby iluvk9 » February 5th, 2011, 2:52 pm

Well, at least you tried to keep him. :) I just wish we could have traded pony stories. :wink:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » February 6th, 2011, 12:58 pm

I don't mean to sound judgemental, so please don't take it that way, but may I suggest that perhaps you rushed things a bit? When I got Riggs, he didn't meet Ruby for weeks. I didn't want to chance a problem and end up with three dogs on c-n-r right form the start.

If you really like him, may I suggest you give the dogs more time, but time apart. Let them get used to each other's smells, sounds, etc.

I'm not saying that the problems will go away, but it might help even things out.

Just a thought.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Next

Return to Pit Bull Talk