Truman's Surgery

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby TheRedQueen » February 5th, 2011, 9:18 am

:confetti:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby iluvk9 » February 5th, 2011, 10:27 am

Leg of a pony:

Not that impressed with me anymore. 8)

I usually put a gate up so he can't go up the carpeted stairs. I ran up to feed the cat and all of a sudden, Truman was behind me. :doh: I called the Vet: no stair climbing allowed.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 5th, 2011, 10:32 am

Wow! You can't even tell he had surgery!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » February 5th, 2011, 2:43 pm

I know. He really came out of this MUCH better than my other "four knees" did. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby call2arms » February 5th, 2011, 3:22 pm

Whoa! his hair is growing back so fast!

He looks awesome, it's like nothing happened. You were so stressed about this and the outcome is so perfect!
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby iluvk9 » February 5th, 2011, 5:04 pm

call2arms wrote:Whoa! his hair is growing back so fast!

He looks awesome, it's like nothing happened. You were so stressed about this and the outcome is so perfect!

I know! :doh:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby airwalk » February 5th, 2011, 6:24 pm

NNNNiiiiicccceeeeee!!!
airwalk
I live here

Postby Hoyden » February 5th, 2011, 10:21 pm

He looks like he's doing good.

He looks so relieved that he doesn't have to wear that cone!
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby DemoDick » February 5th, 2011, 10:22 pm

Yeah, what's your hair growth secret? Did he have an epidural (vet said that back hair grows back the slowest)? Connor's ass is still as bald as a turkey's foot and he's going to look really goofy in the wedding unless something changes.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby CinderDee » February 5th, 2011, 11:15 pm

He looks fantastic! I'll bet he's happy to get rid of that cone. :dance: Thanks for the pics!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby call2arms » February 6th, 2011, 12:16 am

DemoDick wrote:

Yeah, what's your hair growth secret? Did he have an epidural (vet said that back hair grows back the slowest)? Connor's ass is still as bald as a turkey's foot and he's going to look really goofy in the wedding unless something changes.

Demo Dick

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089789/
(the movie even has a Celine Dion soundtrack, just for you)...

...and now I'm just picturing Connor with a long-ass ponytail growing from the shaved square on his back, at the wedding. :backRoll:
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby Malli » February 6th, 2011, 3:30 am

DemoDick wrote:

Demo Dick

Think it depends on the dog? :| My folks' dog had acl/meniscus surgery and where they went was pretty budget(so probably no epidural), I think... and it took probably close to 1.5 yrs for her to fully grow her hair back, and she has at least a medium-length coarse type hair...
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » February 6th, 2011, 7:04 am

I don't have any hair growing secret. :giggle: He did not have an epidural. And oddly, his fur is that short Lab type that sheds all year. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Thanks for all the help during this. Recovery has been easier than I could have ever imagined. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Pit♥bull » February 6th, 2011, 12:19 pm

DemoDick wrote:Connor's ass is still as bald as a turkey's foot and he's going to look really goofy in the wedding unless something changes.

Hell Demo, just shave your head and nobody will notice Conner. :|

We were told that 'Nu-Stock' would help restore hair and it worked for Trouble, although it doesn't smell very good. http://www.nustock.com/
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby iluvk9 » February 6th, 2011, 3:25 pm

This really is his favorite sleeping position.

iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Malli » February 6th, 2011, 3:36 pm

Truman is so rediculous!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » February 19th, 2011, 7:09 pm

Six weeks and doing great. He is allowed to walk more, on the leash.

In Darlene's bed. :rolleyes2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby plebayo » February 19th, 2011, 11:31 pm

Awww every bed is Truman's bed :p
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Malli » February 20th, 2011, 4:18 am

he is so full of expression!
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » February 20th, 2011, 6:48 am

Malli wrote:he is so full of expression!

Or attitude? :wink: When he gives me his bored face, he looks so boxy in the muzzle. I always see the Rotti in him.

iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

PreviousNext

Return to Nutrition & Health