All snow bound people..

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Emi » February 4th, 2011, 11:08 am

My thoughts and prayers go out to every one on the board, and hope you have gotten snowed out, and no one had any major damage.

We were suppost to get snow here in Houston, but we got a nasty icey rain instead, the roads are horrible here, hope every one is doing ok.

Earl had to go into work today, just hope he gets there with no problems, kind of stupid for people to be going any where in Houston today. On the news there are all kinds of accidents, car's stuck etc.

It's even got down to 21 degree's down here, that's cold for Houston.

Stay warm.

Emi
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » February 4th, 2011, 11:11 am

We have the freezing rain here in Orange also Emi, Shanna's working from home today.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby pitsnok » February 4th, 2011, 3:41 pm

I haven't left the house since Tuesday! We got a lot of snow and temperatures have been into the negatives overnight so it hasn't really gone anywhere... and now it's snowing more! I don't know when I will be able to drive again... I have a rear wheel drive Mustang... and although it's only a v6 it does NOT drive on any kind of 'slickness'.

I hope everyone else's cabin fever isn't getting the best of them! I'm kind of enjoying it actually. :|
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenn » February 4th, 2011, 4:00 pm

I worked from home today too.. Didn't last long we are headed out and about shortly. :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby FAB dogs » February 4th, 2011, 5:10 pm

We had several inches of ice too. Took an hour to get my car door open, two hours to get the ice off my car windows, and three days (and the help of two neighbors pushing) to get my car off the ice floe that sprung up around it. Shelter's been closed to the public since Tuesday. We go in to feed and clean then go home. Had to have the animal control officer pick me up a couple times just so I could get there.

My dogs are starting to drive me up a wall. They're acting like I'm responsible for the weather outside. :D Brogan has resorted to using the potty pads because he won't stay out long enough to pee and poop. Okay, and I'm too much of a baby to stand out there supervising him.

They've shreded every stuffed toy in the house, and they're taking turns body slamming each other into the floor. In between we're playing games like "First one to sit/down gets the cookie" and they're all learning to stand on a small step stool. Brogan starts a transition to Rally class on Monday, Avery starts an agility class to practice distance handling on Tuesday, and Fenway still has a few more weeks of family dog training on Wednesdays. Of course all of that is depending on the weather and if I can get to the building or not.

I can't wait for spring so we can get back to walking at the park without sliding all over the place!
Tina
Avery - Southpawz Elf Queen, CGC- Siberian Psycho Terrier
Brogan - Southpawz Mystery Man, CGC - Ephelis Spaniel
Fenway - Southpawz 4 Yawkey Way -Bull Collie
And the crazy cats
FAB dogs
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » February 4th, 2011, 9:15 pm

I was iced in Tuesday & Wednesday but went in yesterday & today. This sucks. We were supposed to get under an inch & we got at least 6. :x
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby SisMorphine » February 4th, 2011, 9:59 pm

LOL You people and your ice and 6 inches . . . you should see my house! LMAO!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby cheekymunkee » February 5th, 2011, 1:11 am

Hey, these people cant drive on dry pavement, now you want them to skate?

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Emi » February 5th, 2011, 1:26 am

cheekymunkee wrote:Hey, these people cant drive on dry pavement, now you want them to skate?

AMEN sista, these Texas people don't know how to drive, they got one speed, SUPER DUPER MORON FAST! You'd never believe it hehehe
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby CinderDee » February 5th, 2011, 5:29 am

SisMorphine wrote:LOL You people and your ice and 6 inches . . . you should see my house! LMAO!

I was going to post the same thing. lol
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby hugapitbull » February 5th, 2011, 9:50 am

CinderDee wrote:
SisMorphine wrote:LOL You people and your ice and 6 inches . . . you should see my house! LMAO!

I was going to post the same thing. lol

I know! We sound like whiney babies. But damn, we're not used to this kinda stuff! It rarely stays at freezing here for more than a couple of hours. :|

It did thaw enough yesterday by 2:30 for me to take Trouble to get her stitches out. :dance:
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby iluvk9 » February 5th, 2011, 10:29 am

Try leash walking a 135 pound pony who doesn't think he SHOULD be leash walked...on frozen 15 inches of snow. :doh:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby airwalk » February 5th, 2011, 2:41 pm

iluvk9 wrote:Try leash walking a 135 pound pony who doesn't think he SHOULD be leash walked...on frozen 15 inches of snow. :doh:

Please don't take this the wrong way...but gee no thanks.
airwalk
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » February 5th, 2011, 2:43 pm

8) Been there, done that, huh Diana?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby cheekymunkee » February 5th, 2011, 8:05 pm

We don't have snow plows or any of that fancy stuff. All we have is sand trucks, they wont use salt. They say it is too corrosive for our bridges. I guess people running into them is some how better.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby airwalk » February 5th, 2011, 8:22 pm

iluvk9 wrote:8) Been there, done that, huh Diana?

Yep a time or two...had to shovel the hole in the yard a couple of times. Mostly I just get to throw the life preservers when its rained so hard they are sinking in the mud.
airwalk
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » February 5th, 2011, 10:40 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:We don't have snow plows or any of that fancy stuff. All we have is sand trucks, they wont use salt. They say it is too corrosive for our bridges. I guess people running into them is some how better.

LOL! I'd say "our bridges are just fine and they salt all the time" except that most of the bridges in Mass need to be replaced. HA!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Return to Off-Topic