By the Way

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby airwalk » January 30th, 2011, 2:00 pm

When you are going to talk about someone, it would be preferable and more adult to do so where the person you are talking about can see and respond. Calling me a bitch in a sequestered forum is very poor form.
User avatar
airwalk
I live here
 
Posts: 3791
Location: Oregon

Postby BigDogBuford » January 30th, 2011, 2:38 pm

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here. A private forum is supposed to be just that....private. We all say things in private that we *might* not in public. It's too bad that someone decided to share what was supposed to be a private conversation but I guess crap happens.

Diana, please keep your chin up and keep doing the good work.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
User avatar
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.
 
Posts: 2053
Location: Lake Stevens, WA

Postby airwalk » January 30th, 2011, 2:42 pm

No one shared anything. I'm not a fool. It was not a leap of logic considering the responses I received on the Emergency thread...everyone knows the WW and Admin threads exist. There have been numerous posts over the years about conversations that have occurred there so it's also no secret that conversations about things and people are held there.

I asked a straight up question of an individual and I got a straight up answer. I did not ask about the sequestered forums, but once again, it did not take a genius to figure it out.

this place has nothing whatsoever to do with my work. I did amazing work before PBT and will continue to so after PBT; however, with far less frustration.
User avatar
airwalk
I live here
 
Posts: 3791
Location: Oregon

Postby iluvk9 » January 30th, 2011, 5:07 pm

Not directed at you, Diana...

When is this crap going to end? :sad2: Hurt feelings, double-crosses, unkind words.

People are going to leave because either they are involved or they are tired of reading about it.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!
 
Posts: 14900
Location: New York

Postby BullyLady » January 30th, 2011, 5:11 pm

iluvk9 wrote:Not directed at you, Diana...

When is this crap going to end? :sad2: Hurt feelings, double-crosses, unkind words.


2nd. I'm part of another forum that is VERY snarky and rude, but can also be a lot of fun. I often come here to escape their snark, but PBT is outdoing them these days.... lol
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
User avatar
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd
 
Posts: 1060
Location: E Washington State

Postby DemoDick » January 30th, 2011, 6:01 pm

airwalk wrote:When you are going to talk about someone, it would be preferable and more adult to do so where the person you are talking about can see and respond. Calling me a bitch in a sequestered forum is very poor form.


airwalk wrote:No one shared anything. I'm not a fool. It was not a leap of logic considering the responses I received on the Emergency thread...everyone knows the WW and Admin threads exist. There have been numerous posts over the years about conversations that have occurred there so it's also no secret that conversations about things and people are held there.


"Hi, I don't have any proof that people are calling me a bitch behind my back, but I'm sure that people are. Those people should be ashamed of themselves for expressing the things I didn't hear or see, but I know they said them. I just know it. Or they're thinking it. It doesn't matter that calling me a bitch publicly would be a violation of forum rules, if a hypothetical person has a hypothetical negative opinion of me or my actions and wants to apply that word to me then they should just say 'to hell with the rules' and post it in in public. Also I hate drama and the last thing I want is to be the center of attention, so I started this entirely separate thread so that all the histrionics would just end and we could put this behind us."

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
User avatar
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun
 
Posts: 1910
Location: New York

Postby mnp13 » January 30th, 2011, 6:28 pm

Yes, of course there is a WW private section, just as there is a Staff private section. Not news to anyone, I'm sure.

Yes, there is a thread in the WW section about what's going on with the Emergency thread. I just re-read every post in it. You are mentioned twice, and "bitch" was not used nor implied. However, I'll say that I was rather irritated at the automatic assumption that you made that I was doing something that I was not supposed to be doing. I don't know where you got that information, but you didn't bother to ask me either. My response in the emergency thread was exactly what I wanted to say and reads exactly how I wanted it to read.

You want more drama evidently, so here you go, have some more. But please, don't ever complain about "too much drama on the board."
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby Pit♥bull » January 30th, 2011, 7:02 pm

My new board... :|

Newboard.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully
 
Posts: 1207

Postby TheRedQueen » January 30th, 2011, 7:17 pm

Pit♥Bull wrote:My new board... :|

Newboard.png


:spit:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
User avatar
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.
 
Posts: 7184
Location: Maryland

Postby mnp13 » January 31st, 2011, 3:26 pm

Oh look, my bad, I evidently skimmed too quickly, and since it's MY post in question (funny enough) I'll amend my words. I said (slightly paraphrased) "I don't know what Diana's problem is, but she's acting like a total bitch. Like we were working on stealing the dogs or something." You wanted to play police chief, but knew nothing at all about what was going on from my end but made sure to tell everyone that according to your information (which was inaccurate) people were out of line. And you know what? Yes, I find that to be bitchy. Are you a bitch? No, I don't think so. Not my best friend either, but I don't think you're a bitch... but we all have our bitchy moments. So there it is.

I guess I should have actually searched for the word and it would have been right out there, but I didn't I just skimmed the thread. Oh well. My bad. Sorry.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby airwalk » January 31st, 2011, 10:47 pm

Interesting response.

First in the Emergency thread I made exactly four posts. The first of which was a simple question:

If this is what I think it is...has this request been cleared with any of the decision makers?


No attack, no judgement, just a simple straightforward question.

The answer I received:

Yes, I posted it up at Michelle's request. We're trying to get options
.

My next question:

Actually I wasn't thinking about Michelle, I was thinking about the folks that actually have the authority to make decisions about that particular situation. Perhaps Michelle has been granted that authority.


Again a simple straightforward question.

One of the less helpful answers I received:

Jesus. I don't care who is smurfing "in charge" or has "authority." What I care about is that this person and her animals are taken care of. Michelle was asked by this person's sister to find some options for the animals. It's not a power play. It's an OPTION.


If I would have received a simple answer to a simple question...then the rest of this would have been simply unnecessary. This is what I do for a living. I do not claim to have intimate knowledge of the laws of North Carolina, but in most states, dogs are personal property. To move, remove, relocate or dispose of that personal property, one must have authorization from the owner or their delegate. I asked if Michelle had such authority.

The answer I received:

Now, why exactly would I have posted anything if I wasn't "given the authority" to do so? Give me a break. I'm not working on stealing someone's dogs here. I'm trying to help find options LIKE I WAS ASKED TO


Why would you instantly be so defensive, why would you assume I was accusing you of stealing anything? As a matter of fact, I was trying to surmise if your fanny would be legally covered. A simple answer would have sufficed. I might have cautioned you that while I appreciate Steffi's concern, her desire to reach out to many places and people to ensure the dogs were cared for, that I appreciated the fact that she thought the folks here were the best people to help....that again, unless the laws of North Carolina are very different than most, Steffi potentially does not have the legal authority to speak on behalf of Christine (unless Christine has provided her with a power of attorney or has a living will that delegates that authority to Steffi). I would have cautioned you that the folks that would most likely be viewed as having the right to make those types of decisions were Christine's daugher, son and possibly Mother. This is what I do for a living.

I was a bit shocked that given the individual initially involved, that it appeared to me there was a bit of a rash reaction occuring to a somewhat potentially urgent situation. I would have expected a more thoughtful, studied approach. Rash reactions in urgent situations rarely provide quality conclusions.

Given that we had very limited information on Christine's condition or her prognosis. Very limited information on the condition, location and care of the dogs, I would have cautioned that perhaps there were more thoughtful approaches to what may very well (and has since potentially proven to be) a very temporary situation - if that help was needed at all.

Instead what I got was unnecessarily aggressive reactions that made it abundently clear that nothing I said was going to be heard. You guys had your heads in a direction and you weren't hearing anything that you didn't want to hear.

Hi, I don't have any proof that people are calling me a bitch behind my back, but I'm sure that people are. Those people should be ashamed of themselves for expressing the things I didn't hear or see, but I know they said them. I just know it. Or they're thinking it. It doesn't matter that calling me a bitch publicly would be a violation of forum rules, if a hypothetical person has a hypothetical negative opinion of me or my actions and wants to apply that word to me then they should just say 'to hell with the rules' and post it in in public. Also I hate drama and the last thing I want is to be the center of attention, so I started this entirely separate thread so that all the histrionics would just end and we could put this behind us."


Given Michelle's most recent post, it would appear that my information was a tad more valid, validated and correct than you gave me credit...yet again.

Additionally, I find it a distasteful defense that it is a violation of forum rules to call someone a bitch publicly but perfectly acceptable to do so in a private forum where that individual has no ability to respond. Splitting hairs at it's finest.

Yes, of course there is a WW private section, just as there is a Staff private section. Not news to anyone, I'm sure.

Yes, there is a thread in the WW section about what's going on with the Emergency thread. I just re-read every post in it. You are mentioned twice, and "bitch" was not used nor implied. However, I'll say that I was rather irritated at the automatic assumption that you made that I was doing something that I was not supposed to be doing. I don't know where you got that information, but you didn't bother to ask me either. My response in the emergency thread was exactly what I wanted to say and reads exactly how I wanted it to read.

You want more drama evidently, so here you go, have some more. But please, don't ever complain about "too much drama on the board."


I made no automatic assumption, please read again my questions. I asked simple straightforward questions trying to elicit that decisions were being made in a thoughtful, studied manner that would not be a violation of law. I to am typically able to write what I mean and mean what I say. Why would you assume otherwise, if you expect that from me?

As for drama...I rarely complain about the drama..firstly I happen to believe a bit of drama is necessary for an internet discussion board to stay alive. It's good, if for nothing else, entertainment value. What I do object to is when a thread is begun and the stated intent is to discuss an issue and it becomes obvious very quickly that the intent is to beat someone verbally into agreeing with the members on this board. When the discussion becomes one of ... I am right, you are wrong and your opinion is not valid unless it agrees with mine. The perfect example was the thread over socialization. While I may not agree with Allison's perspective or opinions, I can certainly understand where she is coming from and agree that she has the right to that perspective and opinion...thus my comment in that thread that it had become the verbal equivalent of an Alpha Roll....

Oh look, my bad, I evidently skimmed too quickly, and since it's MY post in question (funny enough) I'll amend my words. I said (slightly paraphrased) "I don't know what Diana's problem is, but she's acting like a total bitch. Like we were working on stealing the dogs or something." You wanted to play police chief, but knew nothing at all about what was going on from my end but made sure to tell everyone that according to your information (which was inaccurate) people were out of line. And you know what? Yes, I find that to be bitchy. Are you a bitch? No, I don't think so. Not my best friend either, but I don't think you're a bitch... but we all have our bitchy moments. So there it is.

I guess I should have actually searched for the word and it would have been right out there, but I didn't I just skimmed the thread. Oh well. My bad. Sorry.


I'm afraid I find the difference between calling me a bitch and accusing me of acting like a total bitch splitting fine hairs. Your intent was obvious. I, again please read my actual posts, did not act like a Police Chief or tell you you were wrong. I asked questions to which the answers were important..well at least to me.

Fortunately for both of us, my primary goal in life is not to be your best friend, so we have no worries in that regard.
User avatar
airwalk
I live here
 
Posts: 3791
Location: Oregon

Postby DemoDick » January 31st, 2011, 11:18 pm

airwalk wrote:Given Michelle's most recent post, it would appear that my information was a tad more valid, validated and correct than you gave me credit...yet again.


Wrong. Here comes that pesky logic...yet again.

You, by your own admission, had no proof, and were basing your assumption on a hunch. But you proceeded as if you had concrete proof and worded it so. I don't care what you eventually confirmed or not, you can't make the call you did with the information you had at that time.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
User avatar
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun
 
Posts: 1910
Location: New York

Postby DemoDick » January 31st, 2011, 11:29 pm

As far as all of this supposed "drama" on PBT recently, you ladies haven't seen a THING. I got permission to crosspost this from another forum I frequent where stuff like this is the norm when someone gets out of line:

Good Morning, Fucktard
I do not need XXXX to defend me, though I appreciate his vocabic chivary. To be honest your pathetic attempt to rile me fails, and I would have let this slide by like so much of the internet toughguy stuff that is said on here. The reason that I am choosing to take time out of caring for a dying Man, and to respond is that you choose to brush aside XXXX who out of the kindness of his heart trys keep a level of humor in all things. So just for you I am going to waste a calorie or two.

In your prized sig, you state genocide and mass murder. Your quite a chest thumper there buddy. Have you commited those acts? Have you seen those acts? From the way you carry yourself I am going to say no. Seeing thoses things changes a man...I know, and sir you ain't it. I am going to break this down as Barney style as I can make it... Shut your smurfing cock holster you adolecent twat. While one of your two dads was teaching you how to shave your asshole properly, I was doing the crap you have night emmisions about. How dare you even consider yourself in the same universe as me? Please don't take it out on us because you were a premature mistake. Sometimes you just have to come to terms that you were the reason your parents got divorced. A word of advice...next time you are lubing up for a hot night of homosexual ass olympics...and you look down at that chubby little hard on and think that it temporaily makes you man enough to talk to the likes of me: stop. Take a deep breath and remember that you are not a man...just a twink that likes to get ass mangled by them.

Just think the load you father wasted in creating you could have went to feed a starving meth whore.

That witty enough for you...you smurfing nancy.

P.s. Love you, mean it. You had still better have those dishes done by the time I get home or I will black your other eye.


This is what many internet forum posts that aren't PBT look like. The Mods here have done an excellent job ensuring that no one would even think to submit this type of post here. The guy who wrote it? He's like that in real life when he gets pissed off. I'm hoping to go camping and shooting machine-guns with him this summer.

You guys, on the whole, take these posts WAAAAAY too seriously.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
User avatar
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun
 
Posts: 1910
Location: New York

Postby mnp13 » February 1st, 2011, 12:17 am

Well Diana I read your posts in the initial thread very differently than you say they were intended. "there is a situation that may result in a few dogs needing to have someplace to stay for a time. Who might have room?" your posts were no less " loaded" than the responses they initiated. And yes, in my opinion you were acting like a bitch. Deal with it. I'm sure you've said the same thing about me in the past, and if you haven't well then you are a far more tolerant person than I am.

Having a solid contingency plan has never caused anyone any harm. Not having one has proven to be disastrous for many people in many bad situations. The thought was to have a solid "what if" set up. I still don't see what your problem was with that. Oh wait, you didn't have a problem, you just wanted to make sure that only people that fit some unknown criteria that you had did anything. Or is that splitting hairs again?

Frankly, I'm done with this discussion. Yes I said you were being bitchy. Get over it. I also said it where you didn't see it. Get over that too, because I'm not planning to make every comment in public. And I don't really care who repeated it, I just know that someone in that group should think about privacy. It sure sucks when people don't understand what confidence is.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby airwalk » February 1st, 2011, 12:49 am

See once again you are reading things I did not write. I did not write that there was anything wrong with a contingency plan. I did not write that those involved were capable of handling it..once again you are defensive without cause. Perhaps you should consider why three simple straightforward questions cause you such angst.

As for breaking confidence..once again you are jumping to conclusions. I asked someone a straight forward question and I received a straight forward answer that never referred to your "secret" forum..it was simply a logical assumption for me to make.

As for calling me bitchy..I'm reasonably certain I've heard that phrase before and will again many times. I take it to mean that I simply won't roll over on my back and throw my feet in the air because someone wants me to. It's a moniker I wear quite proudly.

I've over it..you guys seem to be the people with the difficulty
User avatar
airwalk
I live here
 
Posts: 3791
Location: Oregon

Postby DemoDick » February 1st, 2011, 10:24 am

airwalk wrote:As for calling me bitchy..I'm reasonably certain I've heard that phrase before and will again many times. I take it to mean that I simply won't roll over on my back and throw my feet in the air because someone wants me to. It's a moniker I wear quite proudly.


Sure, as long as people call you a bitch in public and/or to your face (see: the professed point of this thread). Forgive my skepticism.

I've over it..you guys seem to be the people with the difficulty


Actually, I think everyone was probably over it (whatever "it" was) before you started this little passive-aggressive "look at me!!!" thread. And I'm going to bet that you keep it going despite how tasteless the whole thing is in light of the seriousness of what got it all started. Please prove me wrong.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
User avatar
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun
 
Posts: 1910
Location: New York


Return to Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]