What constitutes the theft of an "idea" or "design"?

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby BullyLady » January 29th, 2011, 5:31 pm

Noel, how do you know they were accessed by someone other than your client? I'm not a techie, so I don't know how this works. Do websites come with an IP logger or some such thing?
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
User avatar
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd
 
Posts: 1060
Location: E Washington State

Postby sfbullygirl » January 29th, 2011, 5:50 pm

the messenger here

Rebecca has asked that I post that she is now contacting an attorney for slander and libel against anyone who has alleged that she some how stole any designs or ideas. She refutes every single one of these charges and will not post on this matter in a public forum.

She will remove vintage photos until she can track down the appropriate permissions to use them and those will be linked when and if obtained.

you may resume your discussion as you wish
User avatar
sfbullygirl
Hyper Adolescent Bully
 
Posts: 274
Location: San Francisco

Postby Hoyden » January 29th, 2011, 5:58 pm

BullyLady wrote:Noel, how do you know they were accessed by someone other than your client? I'm not a techie, so I don't know how this works. Do websites come with an IP logger or some such thing?


Join the not techie club. It was explained to me, I still don't understand it. I know I can see about 10 days worth of who visited my site, beyond that its some kind of log thing.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
User avatar
Hoyden
Collar Queen
 
Posts: 3342
Location: Hot, Hot Texas, Baby!

Postby mnp13 » January 29th, 2011, 6:03 pm

BullyLady wrote:Noel, how do you know they were accessed by someone other than your client? I'm not a techie, so I don't know how this works. Do websites come with an IP logger or some such thing?


Yes they do. I have the IP addresses of every post ever made on this forum, and of every visitor to the forum.

Some people use hosts that have rotating IP addresses, so the last three digits change but the beginning three sets stay the same.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby DemoDick » January 29th, 2011, 6:05 pm

sfbullygirl wrote:the messenger here

Rebecca has asked that I post that she is now contacting an attorney for slander and libel against anyone who has alleged that she some how stole any designs or ideas. She refutes every single one of these charges and will not post on this matter in a public forum.

She will remove vintage photos until she can track down the appropriate permissions to use them and those will be linked when and if obtained.

you may resume your discussion as you wish


If I were in her position, I'd be lawyering up too.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
User avatar
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun
 
Posts: 1910
Location: New York

Postby sfbullygirl » January 29th, 2011, 6:11 pm

when I checked the IP address look up I get Bradley Illinois...not kankakee

http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/67.186.76.144


General IP Information
Hostname: c-67-186-76-144.hsd1.il.comcast.net
ISP: Comcast Cable
Organization: Comcast Cable
Proxy: None detected
Type: Broadband
Assignment: Dynamic IP
Blacklist:

Geolocation Information
Country: United States
State/Region: Illinois
City: Bradley
Latitude: 41.1492
Longitude: -87.8608
Area Code: 815
Postal Code: 60915



also I do not see anywhere on Edirecthost to find the IP adderesses of people that look at my pages..where does one find that...or is a seperate program needed to access that?


Demo..honestly I think lawyers are the best recourse for both parties at this point to actually get at the truth and settle this matter the way it should have been handled the from the get go
User avatar
sfbullygirl
Hyper Adolescent Bully
 
Posts: 274
Location: San Francisco

Postby BullyLady » January 29th, 2011, 6:16 pm

sfbullygirl wrote:Demo..honestly I think lawyers are the best recourse for both parties at this point to actually get at the truth and settle this matter the way it should have been handled the from the get go


Very much agreed. All this is making for very interesting discussion for sure, but it's not at all productive.
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
User avatar
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd
 
Posts: 1060
Location: E Washington State

Postby DemoDick » January 29th, 2011, 6:18 pm

BullyLady wrote:
sfbullygirl wrote:Demo..honestly I think lawyers are the best recourse for both parties at this point to actually get at the truth and settle this matter the way it should have been handled the from the get go


Very much agreed. All this is making for very interesting discussion for sure, but it's not at all productive.


Oh, I disagree. I'm learning a lot and I think others are too.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
User avatar
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun
 
Posts: 1910
Location: New York

Postby BullyLady » January 29th, 2011, 6:20 pm

DemoDick wrote:
BullyLady wrote:
sfbullygirl wrote:Demo..honestly I think lawyers are the best recourse for both parties at this point to actually get at the truth and settle this matter the way it should have been handled the from the get go


Very much agreed. All this is making for very interesting discussion for sure, but it's not at all productive.


Oh, I disagree. I'm learning a lot and I think others are too.

Demo Dick


I meant for sorting out the actual issue, getting resolution between all parties. I'm also learning a lot.
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
User avatar
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd
 
Posts: 1060
Location: E Washington State

Postby DemoDick » January 29th, 2011, 6:20 pm

sfbullygirl wrote:when I checked the IP address look up I get Bradley Illinois...not kankakee


This took less than five seconds to look up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley,_Illinois

Bradley (formerly North Kankakee) is a village in Kankakee County, Illinois, United States


(italics added)

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
User avatar
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun
 
Posts: 1910
Location: New York

Postby Hoyden » January 29th, 2011, 6:24 pm

Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
User avatar
Hoyden
Collar Queen
 
Posts: 3342
Location: Hot, Hot Texas, Baby!

Postby sfbullygirl » January 29th, 2011, 6:32 pm

well then it looks like you have some good reason to believe this and Rebecca says she did not do this..so lawyer up and settle it

oh and that still does not prove anything you can look up IP addresses for cities very easily. I am sure you can have your lawyers hire a computer expert to go into her computer to see if your images are located there...if so you win if not you were wrong
User avatar
sfbullygirl
Hyper Adolescent Bully
 
Posts: 274
Location: San Francisco

Postby sfbullygirl » January 29th, 2011, 6:35 pm

Also is there a picture of this collar you made for the client that is the exact one that Rebecca made..I would be interested in seeing that
User avatar
sfbullygirl
Hyper Adolescent Bully
 
Posts: 274
Location: San Francisco

Postby mnp13 » January 29th, 2011, 6:47 pm

sfbullygirl wrote:also I do not see anywhere on Edirecthost to find the IP adderesses of people that look at my pages..where does one find that...or is a seperate program needed to access that?


Most host providers have statistics programs for the sites that they host. Sometimes it's a pay service sometimes it isn't. The information they provide is not always the same. I know that I can get IP logging for a finite period of time, they don't keep every visit from every person from all time. You'll have to call them and ask.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby DemoDick » January 29th, 2011, 6:49 pm

sfbullygirl wrote:well then it looks like you have some good reason to believe this and Rebecca says she did not do this..so lawyer up and settle it

oh and that still does not prove anything you can look up IP addresses for cities very easily. I am sure you can have your lawyers hire a computer expert to go into her computer to see if your images are located there...if so you win if not you were wrong


LOL.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
User avatar
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun
 
Posts: 1910
Location: New York

Postby sfbullygirl » January 29th, 2011, 6:55 pm

mnp13 wrote:
sfbullygirl wrote:also I do not see anywhere on Edirecthost to find the IP adderesses of people that look at my pages..where does one find that...or is a seperate program needed to access that?


Most host providers have statistics programs for the sites that they host. Sometimes it's a pay service sometimes it isn't. The information they provide is not always the same. I know that I can get IP logging for a finite period of time, they don't keep every visit from every person from all time. You'll have to call them and ask.



well I asked because Noel and I use the same hosting site so if she was able to find the IP address of the person that accessed her hidden site page I wondered how to do that since I could not find it on my site on my hidden pages.
User avatar
sfbullygirl
Hyper Adolescent Bully
 
Posts: 274
Location: San Francisco

Postby Hoyden » January 29th, 2011, 7:38 pm

There is identifying information in every shot that I took of this collar. When the collar comes back, I will remove the identifying information and post it.

I promised my client that I would keep them out of this because they don't want to deal with confrontational PM's from people again. I don't agree with them, I feel that they should forward all those messages to the moderator so that the offender can be dealt with but I will respect their request.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
User avatar
Hoyden
Collar Queen
 
Posts: 3342
Location: Hot, Hot Texas, Baby!

Postby mnp13 » January 29th, 2011, 7:44 pm

email me the pictures, I can remove it.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
User avatar
mnp13
Evil Overlord
 
Posts: 17234
Location: Rochester, NY

Postby sfbullygirl » January 29th, 2011, 7:48 pm

Hoyden wrote:There is identifying information in every shot that I took of this collar. When the collar comes back, I will remove the identifying information and post it.

I promised my client that I would keep them out of this because they don't want to deal with confrontational PM's from people again. I don't agree with them, I feel that they should forward all those messages to the moderator so that the offender can be dealt with but I will respect their request.



why can you not strip the information from the picture..I assume you mean in the EXIF, which can be removed? if it is in an around the collar itself that can be photoshopped out

Who harrassed your client...how would anyone know this? or was this for something other than this?

in any event I wanted to make sure I was not backing the wrong horse here so I checked Rebecca's IP address in her emails to me..and it is not even close to the one you have which makes me still believe that she is telling the truth.
User avatar
sfbullygirl
Hyper Adolescent Bully
 
Posts: 274
Location: San Francisco

Postby DemoDick » January 29th, 2011, 8:23 pm

sfbullygirl wrote:
Hoyden wrote:There is identifying information in every shot that I took of this collar. When the collar comes back, I will remove the identifying information and post it.

I promised my client that I would keep them out of this because they don't want to deal with confrontational PM's from people again. I don't agree with them, I feel that they should forward all those messages to the moderator so that the offender can be dealt with but I will respect their request.



why can you not strip the information from the picture..I assume you mean in the EXIF, which can be removed? if it is in an around the collar itself that can be photoshopped out

Who harrassed your client...how would anyone know this? or was this for something other than this?

in any event I wanted to make sure I was not backing the wrong horse here so I checked Rebecca's IP address in her emails to me..and it is not even close to the one you have which makes me still believe that she is telling the truth.


At this point I get the feeling that there is no evidence you would accept as conclusive proof of anything you didn't want to believe.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
User avatar
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun
 
Posts: 1910
Location: New York

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot]

cron