Lifelong Journey on the Road with Spirit

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby beemerchef » January 9th, 2011, 3:49 pm

Thanks you... much patience needed... :-)

A stroll down 4th avenue, Tucson. AZ

A long intermission these past days they have seemed to be. Laid back while reading a new issue of "Overland Journal", the pages filled with adventures and photos of spaces not so foreign in the past are not helping for me to stay put. So it has only been 5 days since surgery, there is much improvement, not as much as needed however in the patience department. No lifting, none of this and that, even the mind has become a bit slow in the thinking department. We did manage a couple afternoons ago a mini adventure strolling up and down Fourth Avenue in Tucson under perfect weather, a street filled with colorful characters, restaurants, coffee shops and gift shops from mostly local Artists. That has been it... Thinking about the northerners snowed in for the winter helps, yet, I know what is awaiting for us in the south... Fair weather, rides, maybe even camping in those remote areas I seek for. So I can dream for now and wait and wait... Enjoy the photos on the Journal.

Be Safe and well
Peace, Love, Courage

Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » January 17th, 2011, 1:21 pm

Reddington Rd. AZ

Sometimes the ride cannot be of the desired one. “Old Faithful” is nicely still tucked in in Texas as we should be returning in about a week or so. In the meantime it is the “luxury” of an SUV with my Friend Robin, the dogs... Audrey and Spirit (yes, Spirit has a new buddy... girlfriend?) which has taken us on our first outing since surgery. I had never realized the abundance of unpaved roads within a 100 mile radius of Tucson as slowly with much fun and... food (!!!) we took on our first outing. It has been as a scouting day trip, roads we will return to when the flowers and the lush greens are in bloom all in this midst of winter right now being a bit more on the mute side. Left over roasted chicken, home made hummus, so was the banana bread, nicely al dented peeled and cooked asparagus, the list went on as I was in charge of the picnic part of it, well, also the route with however very little driving for myself. Try the loop sometime while in the area, well worth it. Not designed for a street car or street motorcycle, dual sport either way will do.

Be Safe and well
Peace, Love, Courage

Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » January 21st, 2011, 8:16 pm

A jaunt to “St David” and the “Dragoon Mountains”... almost. AZ

Tomorrow is the big day, the point of return as “Old Faithful” is still 600 miles away tucked in this shipping container I call “the green giant”, laying alone in the vast Desert of Big Bend Flats. We will crank her up Sunday when we get there, for no other reason than starting her up since we left her with a flat tire. Well taken care of here it was a ride in an SUV instead wishing it did not have a windshield! No complains, acceptance is always the key of it all allowing for the balance we need daily. We first stopped in Vail, little village and then on St David where the Trinity Monastery was a nice source of photographs and some well deserved silence after being in this present urban environment. On then to almost Tombstone where we took an eastbound road with the thought of making it to the foothills of “Dragoon Mountains”. Still healing, washboard road, all those facts present did not allow us to go much further than about 15 miles... bouncy and more bouncy... There will be a next time when we will actually reach Cochise's Stronghold. Enjoy the photos...

Be Safe and well
Peace, Love, Courage

Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » January 25th, 2011, 9:50 pm

Back at “The Oasis”. TX... near Big Bend.

What past month it has been! It actuality flew by as here we are again at “The Oasis” healing quickly and in less than 24 hours having already “Old Faithful” purring and rolling after having fixed a flat due to, not a nail, but a thorn! That was a first. I would have never found it if I had not passed a paper towel inside of it, I was told pantyhose works better but neither of us wears one! A bit cooler today and yet the skies are blue, inviting to ride, it will have to wait another day, I cannot push the issue as we have a bit of dirt roads to go on before reaching the Highway. Spirit feels at Home, he is already running stick in his mouth like a madman, of course with the knowledge that treat always awaits him. The tent has held up well, we got some help from our neighbors moving and getting ready for me heavy bottles of drinking water and a couple filled propane bottles also. We are all set... The night's Moon has been beautiful emerging from a set of unusual clouds, a simple sunset... enjoy the photos.

Be safe and well.
Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » January 29th, 2011, 1:01 pm

“Seven Candles”. TX

A couple days ago was the Anniversary of my Son's “Lance” seven year passing away. He is part of this Journey, always has been, he is the reason for Spirit and I living on this path we call our “road”. He is the one that keeps us going, that gives me the courage as to not abandon it all, daily, nightly, hourly often, as the alternative as provocative also might be has yet no words spelled within this Life of ours. We have been back at “The Oasis” now for those days, the vast “empty spaces” as I also label this area and besides a bit of riding on the saddle, “Old Faithful” turning her wheels again for a few miles I am only waiting for a better healing and gaining some strength. The beautiful weather here has been a gift, the temperature showed over 80 this afternoon and the nights, well, the blanket of Stars are back again as just walked back from a short stroll and the skies never cease to amaze me. I am a step away to pack up all the camping gear laid out without any order these past couple months and head out with no direction chosen, Spirit is ready, unfortunately my body is not yet. More patience, I keep counting the days after this one evening lighting up “Seven Candles” around a roaring fire with my thoughts in mind.
Soon.

Be safe and well.
Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby hugapitbull » January 29th, 2011, 1:57 pm

You represent a freedom we all wish we had the courage to find. Here's wishing a speedy recovery so the two of you can be on the road again.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby iluvk9 » January 30th, 2011, 6:54 am

I am glad you have a special Angel watching over you. Lance must be very proud of your accomplishments.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby beemerchef » February 1st, 2011, 12:46 am

As I am very proud of him. Always.
You know, this is not the first that someone has said "I have courage". Maybe I do... maybe I am just not a quitter. However, the "courage" part comes from having it lost it all... when you have lost the most precious aspect of your Life, what else is there to loose? So maybe it is courage as yes, a dull corner is also another solution, maybe it is just going for it habing nothing else to loose.
Either way, I much appreciate your comments. They "are" the onoes that keeps me going...
Be well... always.
Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby iluvk9 » February 1st, 2011, 7:15 am

beemerchef wrote:As I am very proud of him. Always.
You know, this is not the first that someone has said "I have courage". Maybe I do... maybe I am just not a quitter. However, the "courage" part comes from having it lost it all... when you have lost the most precious aspect of your Life, what else is there to loose? So maybe it is courage as yes, a dull corner is also another solution, maybe it is just going for it habing nothing else to loose.
Ara & Spirit

That just made me well up in tears.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby beemerchef » February 1st, 2011, 10:14 pm

Chasing the clouds in and out of Big Bend Park. TX

Winter was kind to us a couple days ago. It showed it's sunny and warm face following a couple days cooped up with a severe case of cabin fever. Enough was enough. Not quite suppose to be riding, but... while taking it easy the temptation was greater than the threats from the surgeon. An early breakfast in Terlingua and on into the Park, that is Big Bend National Park. It had been a long time for us, short in others considerations I realize, over a month. The roads were bare from traffic as Spring Break is yet not here, the vast empty spaces for as far as one can see and a regained slow pace was the greatest prescription would could have used. For the both of us. It was as I had suddenly regained my composure, as if the balance of it all one more time was just perfect as stopping when we felt like it, eating when hungry, taking photos of nothing and everything, time had finally seemingly stopped it's clock. What a day it was, the photos will prove it. We will be looking for more of those days.

Be safe and well.
Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby iluvk9 » February 2nd, 2011, 7:49 am

You even make looking at the sky enjoyable. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby beemerchef » February 2nd, 2011, 11:13 am

The skies are always enjoyable... a constant painting in the making...

Thanks. Be well... Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » February 6th, 2011, 6:57 pm

Hot Coffee, 0 Degrees and a good Dog Book... TX

These past days have been a bit rough for us, the temps dropping to as never before, yet, there is no complain when I witness the inches and inches of snow accumulating north of us. We actually had some great days being the most lazy ones we have had in a while. Not much outdoor activities while dressed in more layers than I can count, only to hook up some more propane and more propane, let Spirit run who himself after a few minutes would make the fastest run I have ever seen him do for indoor. A day or two have now past and besides strong winds all is back to normal, coats are put away, even trying to light up a fire to bake some bread and roast a chicken in the Dutch Oven. It is after all Sunday, it was an old custom in Europe a few Centuries ago everyone being able to roast a chicken for dinner. I think tomorrow will see us riding again, maybe River Road on to Presidio, I am sure I will see something I had never seen before, only looked at in the recent past. Enjoy the “winter photos” and my thoughts on this great Book I am now reading.

Be safe and well.
Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » February 13th, 2011, 1:29 am

There is a frenzy around here... TX

82 degrees today. Nights are still cool, of course... we are still in winter times, spring felt however when this warm sunshine hovers over us. It has been time for outdoors, cooking again over the fire, bread, whole roasted chicken and much more to come as my Friend Robin and her critters are coming down to visit us, it is after all Valentines Day soon.
For those wondering why I have chosen this Nomadic Life, specially as spring.summer.fall is around the corner and the roads far from us will call us, already have, a new Friend of mine, Becca Baker, has been published at StubbyDog with a very well written article about us, a tribute to Lance, the Journey and of course Spirit. This would be the first time someone does not for some editorial reasons twists the words concurred with me through an interview. I thought I would enter it in my Journal for everyone's benefit of understanding.
In the meantime it s a bit of cleaning around here, or maybe just shuffling the constant dust with live with from here to there...
Enjoy the article, I did.

Be safe and well.
Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby iluvk9 » February 13th, 2011, 8:03 am

8) I am surprised people you meet aren't a little "nervous" around you, wearing this outfit. :giggle:

iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby beemerchef » February 13th, 2011, 9:59 am

[quote="iluvk9"]8) I am surprised people you meet aren't a little "nervous" around you, wearing this outfit. :giggle:

You be nice now... or... you will have to deal with Spirit. :|
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby iluvk9 » February 13th, 2011, 10:41 am

:neener:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby beemerchef » February 13th, 2011, 11:03 am

iluvk9 wrote::neener:

OK... that's it... Spirit, get on this keyboard will you... :mad2:
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » February 13th, 2011, 11:34 am

For once I must agree with Joyce, you do look mighty scary in that shot. :P
EDIT: But Spirit, as usual, looks his dignified self :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby beemerchef » February 19th, 2011, 12:11 am

Always HIM.... :|

On and around Valentines Day... TX

It has been an unusual week with the shadows of Valentines Day now behind us. Us meaning Robin, Audrey, (Spirit's four legged girl friend), Spirit and Miss Lovey, always the Cool Cat, a great traveler. Neither of us being for quantity, versus quality of time spend, it has been relaxing times with only a couple rides to show off the neighborhood. A ride to the “Swimming Hole”, which might be after the next rain probably be the last time as the road is already half way washed out, one long day through the Park down Maverick road to Santa Helena Canyon and back through Castolon with a jaunt to the Basin and it's Lodge, short stop overs at Sotol Look Out and Mules Ears. This ride is my favorite one expanding the geological diversity of the Park. There is a saying here which goes as such... “When Earth was created all the left overs were dumped in Big Bend”. Much cooking over the fire, sunsets always the back drops of our wonderful evenings, full Moon last night lighting up this vast empty spaces as almost daylight. The weather a bit on the warm side, it hit 104 yesterday in full sun, but will take it over the past teen's we have had here in recent past.
More in the Journal...
Be safe and well.
Peace, Love and Courage.

Ara & Spirit
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk