Care Credit

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby SLS61185 » January 27th, 2011, 8:17 pm

Because the search function and I don't really get along, figured I'd just ask here...

I know people on here have used Care Credit... Is it worth it? Good? Anything 'hidden'? Do you have to make your payments every month or is it you pay them when and what you can at a time as long as it's paid off by a certain date?

The reason I ask is because I'm getting Invisilign and my dentist office recommended CC to me because of the 'pretty penny' that we're about to have to pay for it. And I was reading on the paper that you can use it for animals and what not. I completely forgot that I need to apply for it because I have to go have my molds done for my teeth TOMORROW. Getting approved shouldn't be a problem as Mike's credit is great. The dentist office was saying that I need to let CC know that it's for Invisilign (I can't remember why she said to let them know.... but I think it had something to do with the amount that I'm needing) and that I should get the 24 month plan or something like that.

So any imput would be greatly appreciated!
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby FAB dogs » January 27th, 2011, 10:06 pm

I got it to take care of an abscessed tooth, and even with sucky credit they gave me something like a $2,000 line of credit (the tooth issue was only $700 or so). I've read if you take advantage of the low interest or no interest plan you have to make all the payments within a year or you'll get slammed with the interest at the end. Other than that, I've been pretty happy with it. My sister got it for one of her dogs that needed emergency surgery and she didn't have any problems with it. I also applied for it many years ago when one of my sibes bloated. I was approved for $500 instantly over the phone, so they're pretty easy to deal with even if it is last minute.
Tina
Avery - Southpawz Elf Queen, CGC- Siberian Psycho Terrier
Brogan - Southpawz Mystery Man, CGC - Ephelis Spaniel
Fenway - Southpawz 4 Yawkey Way -Bull Collie
And the crazy cats
FAB dogs
Just Whelped

Postby furever_pit » January 27th, 2011, 10:29 pm

I used CC for a stray kitten I found in college and ended up spending thousands on at the emergency clinic. :crazy2: I gotta say, they did right by me. I got the no interest plan and made my monthly payments and never had a problem. I loved that they gave me the ability to care for an animal that I would not have had otherwise and would use them again for sure.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby SLS61185 » January 27th, 2011, 10:48 pm

Thanks. The receptionist at my dentist office was saying that the invisilign is $5300... Our insurance will cover $1000 of it and we've got to pay the rest... I really wish I could remember why she said to tell them it's for dental, but I swear she said it's because of the limit I get or something.... The brochure (SP) has two different payment things. Interest and non... I was just told to get the 24 months one, so I have no clue?!

I've done the no-interest for the first year thing when I got my wedding dress. I went through David's Bridal and went with the credit card through them... Interest free for the first year as long as it was paid off by the date I applied for it... Then it was like 24% interest or something after that ( I got lucky and my parents paid for it). So I'm assuming it's pretty much just like that?

They better give me a shitton of money for my limit... I don't have the money laying around to pay that much if not.
Stac

SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby pocketpit » January 27th, 2011, 11:25 pm

I've been told to make sure you make your payments on time or your interest rate will be very high. I've never used it but out clinic offers it at a payment option and that's the feedback I've heard.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 28th, 2011, 12:14 am

The interest rate is fixed. What is not fixed is how long you have to pay it back before you get any interest. If you charge xxx dollars, you get 6 months with no interest. If you charge xxxx you have a year, etc.

The more you charge the longer you have to pay it back before you get the interest.

that said if you skip a minimum payment, the deal goes out the window and you owe everything - including the interest from the months you have already paid. If it is not paid back at the end of the "no interest" period, you owe ALL of the interest. Yes, even on the money you have already paid. So, it's great unless you don't pay it off before the end of the dates and then it's really not great.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SLS61185 » January 28th, 2011, 2:53 am

For the amount of the 'procedure' do I put $5300 OR $4300 since the ins. is paying for the other $1000??

And, she said to put it was for the invis.... but there's no place to put that.... Wtf?

When she gave me the paperwork for it... She said there'd be 3-4 questions... Not an entire freaking app.
Stac

SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby SLS61185 » January 28th, 2011, 3:24 pm

SLS61185 wrote:For the amount of the 'procedure' do I put $5300 OR $4300 since the ins. is paying for the other $1000??

And, she said to put it was for the invis.... but there's no place to put that.... Wtf?

When she gave me the paperwork for it... She said there'd be 3-4 questions... Not an entire freaking app.

Scratch all that. I ended up just doing it on the phone since it was all automated and it approved me for the larger amount... Even though I don't make nearly enough a month...

Off to the dentist I go.
Stac

SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Off-Topic