This is why I wanted you to all feel sorry for me

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby iluvk9 » January 27th, 2011, 7:41 am

Here is the condensed version, because it just took ANOTHER WILD turn and I am finally not crying.

Float for oil tank is not accurate, so I always watch and order oil as soon as I see it low.

Called company I used for 3 years on Monday. They can deliver on Weds. I figured I would make it till then.

Tuesday I know I am NOT going to make it, so I make 5 trips to the gas station, get 5 gallon container of deisel fuel and put it in.

Fourth trip, credit card is denied because they think it is fraud. Who would make 4 trips to a gas station, they must be thinking. I use another credit card.

The container weighs about 40 pounds and I have to lift it over my head and hold it there because the pipe is high up on the house. I am strong, but this was a challenge. (This is where I was crying...)

Son, Mr. October, with strong arms, is not home, so instead of calling one of his friends, I do it myself.

Wake up Weds morning at 3 am and I am scared I didn't calculate how long the 25 gals would last. Stress is getting to me and I am ready to puke. STUPIDLY (Yes, I admit I am WAY TOO INDEPENDENT) go to gas station at 3 am. Should have brought Harley for protection, but didn't.

Son IS home, but again, I never want to impose on anyone, so I am outside in the freezing cold, lifting the f*king 5 gals. Crying. As the light sensor near me keeps going off and I can't see. I am praying to everyone I know in Heaven to please help me not fall off ladder, not let my fingers go numb and to have this fuel last. I don't want to be found frozen in the snow that is already here, with a gas container in my hand.

Missy texts me in before work and asks what is the matter, after seeing my post here. I feel better that we know oil is coming and my friend was concerned.

Go to work at 7 am. Can't really get the oil smell off of me completely, even with shower. Thrilled oil is coming today! Come home on my break for dogs and no oil yet. Snow storm expected any minute. Son sees me and I tell him the story. He is not happy with me and my independence. He knows me well, but suggests I KNOCK IT OFF and ask for help.

Return from work. Still no oil. CALL THEM and they say, "we tried to get you (BULLSHIT) but we can't deliver AT ALL to you."

I ask for owner. Surprisingly there is one and he gets on phone. I start with, "I am a good customer, have excellent credit, why won't you give me oil???" At this point I am crying so hard, I can't even get the words out.

He says something like: "People don't pay me. I can't GET oil. We tried to call you. If people don't pay me I can't pay my supplier." The only thing that saved him from me losing it totally is that he had a GLIMMER of upsetness in is voice and I DO believe he was sorry he fucked me over. After all, shouldn't he have KNOWN on Monday when he took my order that his business was falling apart???

I find another oil company who will deliver Thursday. I tell the woman the story because I am crying so hard as I am ordering, she asks what is the matter. She said she will bump me to the top of the list. I say, but we are getting a foot of snow (which we did) and she says, "The trucks can go in the snow!"

I am now hysterical, because I am still running on deisel fuel. DIL comes over. I tell her the story.

Now usually DIL and MIL's do things like brunch, shopping, chatting on the phone. Mine goes with me for two trips to the gas station, and finally gets me to laugh a little. She even says, "I learn so much from you and my Mom, because now I know how to fill an oil tank with deisel fuel!" Bless her heart...
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Pit♥bull » January 27th, 2011, 8:03 am

Glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humor :)

:goodthoughts: for Joyce today. . .♥
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 27th, 2011, 8:42 am

Oh Joyce! What a fiasco!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » January 27th, 2011, 9:55 am

Bob, there were moments when I just kept telling myself, "this WILL be a funny story... someday." :sad2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TinaMartin » January 27th, 2011, 10:21 am

I am glad that there is a solution. Some day you will find it funny. :wink:
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » January 27th, 2011, 11:31 am

I just called NEW oil company and again, they were SO nice and SO upset for me. I am on the top of the list and oil will be here within hour. :) You can bet they will be my new company and I will send them a letter, thanking them for their customer service.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » January 27th, 2011, 11:38 am

:shock: Somebody better bring you some oil today!!! :mad2:

Joyce, I am with Jimmy, you need to ask for help next time. >(
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Jenn » January 27th, 2011, 11:40 am

I'm glad you're getting oil.. Is that your only heat source??
Been there done that so I know EXACTLY how you feel!! Mine was water though, and after a few trips I just sat on the ground and bawled my eyes out.. :giggle:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Pit♥bull » January 27th, 2011, 11:58 am

Jenn wrote:Mine was water though
Sure glad we haven't been forced onto the
M water system. :|
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby Hoyden » January 27th, 2011, 12:13 pm

iluvk9 wrote:Bob, there were moments when I just kept telling myself, "this WILL be a funny story... someday." :sad2:

I <3 you Joyce. That is exactly what I tell myself when I am struggling with something and frustrated because I am determined that I AM GOING TO DO THIS MYSELF!!!!

It's led to a few ER trips, X-rays and MRI's but the story is always damn funny later. :D
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby TheRedQueen » January 27th, 2011, 12:28 pm

I've been having moments like that lately too...glad you're able to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and laugh about it all...:hug3:

Honestly...we need to get a network to do a Joyce n' Truman show...it'll be a hit. ;)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby mnp13 » January 27th, 2011, 12:48 pm

Ok, though let's all hope this never happens in the future, but here is what you need to do. For about $50 you can get a small pump that you attach hoses to. You would put a hose into the 5 gallon tank, then a hose up to the pipe in the house and turn the pump on. No more lifting!! That's how the guy got all the oil out of my tanks (450 gallons worth) when we were getting rid of them.

Now, so that you can see a bright side... My parent's friends had an oil tank and when the filler people came they ruptured it. They flooded the entire basement with hundreds of gallons of oil. About five times the capacity of the tank they were supposed to be filling. The idiots didn't notice that a 100 gallon tank magically had room for over 500 gallons of oil. The house is next to a lake, and the environmental damage cost the company millions. And the house had to be moved and have a new basement dug.

And now that I've written that, I need to finally go home and cement the oil pipes closed because I also know someone who had their tanks removed but left the pipes (like at our house) but a company came to the wrong house and "filled the tank" with 200 gallons of oil - that pumped into the finished basement.

So be happy, sometimes the problem isn't not enough oil! :D
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » January 27th, 2011, 1:12 pm

Thank you everyone...I was SO angry at myself for letting the oil get that low, and knowing the float was inaccurate.

Oil guy arrived and also heard my story from the office ladies. He took the time to we explain some basics about my tank (now I know it has a 275 gal. capacity) and showed me some things about my boiler. He really just "delivers the oil" but went the extra step and gave me some good info.

I swear, I am just so blessed sometimes. People are SO nice to me.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Jenn » January 27th, 2011, 1:21 pm

Pit♥Bull wrote:
Jenn wrote:Mine was water though
Sure glad we haven't been forced onto the
M water system. :|

Bob, I haven't either it was a well! ;)
And you have a PM
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Pit♥bull » January 27th, 2011, 2:49 pm

iluvk9 wrote:I swear, I am just so blessed sometimes. People are SO nice to me.
That's because you are a nice person. :)

Jenn wrote:Bob, I haven't either it was a well! ;)
And you have a PM
Got the PM :)
Water wells have their own issues, are a pain, but still beat the 'city' system.
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby iluvk9 » January 27th, 2011, 3:20 pm

Thank you, Bob. I try. Even with the owner of the first oil company. When I heard HIS voice crack, as he heard ME crying, I couldn't even yell at him.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby airwalk » January 27th, 2011, 11:45 pm

Oh man Joyce, I'm so glad you were able to get it worked out...but next time ASK FOR HELP
airwalk
I live here

Postby CinderDee » January 28th, 2011, 4:59 am

Oh boy, what a nightmare! I'm glad you didn't fall off the ladder. Please start asking for help! >(
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » January 28th, 2011, 6:44 am

Yes, I have to learn the words: "Can you help me with this?"

DIL Mom called me after she heard the story and said something to the effect of; She is glad Jimmy is an only child and Christina married him, because when they found me dead in the snow, (probably a week later) Jimmy would inherit everything, so Christina would get half. :giggle: They also have an oil guy/friend who would have driven the 45 minutes and filled my tank, in a heartbeat. :doh:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby SisMorphine » January 28th, 2011, 10:35 am

Jeez Joyce!! You sound like me and my inability to ask for help. Damn stubborn broads ;) I'm glad the new company set you up and went that extra mile for you. Sounds like good people.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Next

Return to Off-Topic