Seamus (St. Poodle) is sadly looking for a new family

Postby ofthesun » January 25th, 2011, 6:51 pm

Seamus is a 6 yr old Standard Poodle. He is one of the best most well rounded dogs I have EVER known. He gets along with ANY dog including ones that don't like him. He will avoid any negative situation. He is also one of the most well behaved dogs on a grooming table (rather rare). Seamus is of course also well behaved around any adult and child alike. He is by nature poky, mouthy, and footy. He is extremely eager to please and very trainable for whatever you like. He has done OB and agility in his past. He is the only dog I have ever had that I trust off-leash anywhere (besides near traffic). His only points against him are that he can be extremely picky with his food (ie wont eat the same thing more than a few times in a row, he prefers raw, also I believe he may have a mild chicken allergy) , and he did have a cancerous lump removed that was determined to be malignant however the vet said it would be EXTREMELY rare if it were to come back. I forget the details of it but it was some sort of hair follicle cancer or something. The only reasons I am looking to re-home him are that due to a previous situation I have more dogs than are allowed where I live, and the expenses

Seamus would bring joy to any family he is with... feel free to ask for any more details, Thanks!
ofthesun
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » January 25th, 2011, 7:07 pm

Where are you located...I know someone that was looking for a poodle here in Maryland. I had one boarding that we thought needed a home, but didn't...and the family looking at him didn't find one yet.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby SisMorphine » January 25th, 2011, 7:09 pm

Up here in Mass, Erin. I can totally vouch for this dog's temperament. He is AWESOME with everything and everyone. Teeny Beans thinks he's the coolest thing around.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby ofthesun » January 25th, 2011, 7:32 pm

Yes, as Sis said I am in MA but am willing to do what it takes for the right home. The pit that I have (that is also looking for a home) I got from another board member who lived in MD. The original plan was to meet half way but I ended up driving the entire way down to get him. So, as I said, for the right home I will do whatever I can in my power to make it happen.
ofthesun
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » January 25th, 2011, 8:10 pm

I'll be seeing this family on Friday night...I'll ask them then...:) I'll let you know!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Hoyden » January 25th, 2011, 9:01 pm

SisMorphine wrote:Up here in Mass, Erin. I can totally vouch for this dog's temperament. He is AWESOME with everything and everyone. Teeny Beans thinks he's the coolest thing around.

Is this the same Seamus that I made this collar for?

Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby mnp13 » January 25th, 2011, 9:08 pm

Is he apricot or white?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby ofthesun » January 25th, 2011, 9:53 pm

Hoyden wrote:Is this the same Seamus that I made this collar for?

Indeed it is! Although it doesn't fit any more, but I do still have it :wink:

mnp13 wrote:Is he apricot or white?

I'm no poodle expert but I believe that he is Apricot (I got yelled at by a crazy poodle person before for saying the wrong color!)
ofthesun
Just Whelped

Postby SisMorphine » January 25th, 2011, 10:20 pm

Hoyden wrote:
SisMorphine wrote:Up here in Mass, Erin. I can totally vouch for this dog's temperament. He is AWESOME with everything and everyone. Teeny Beans thinks he's the coolest thing around.

Is this the same Seamus that I made this collar for?

Yes that would be the same Seamus!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby iluvk9 » January 26th, 2011, 7:00 am

My DIL family has a Standard Poodle. They are such cool dogs! Callie is always romping and in motion, but feels like her bones are lighter than a birds. :giggle:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby ofthesun » January 26th, 2011, 8:16 am

iluvk9 wrote:My DIL family has a Standard Poodle. They are such cool dogs! Callie is always romping and in motion, but feels like her bones are lighter than a birds. :giggle:

LOL yeah we always tell Seamus that he is really a bird. He tucks his head around and puts it up on his side like he is trying to put it under a wing. And yes he also feels and acts like he has hollow bones, very light on his feet especially compared to a bully!
ofthesun
Just Whelped

Postby SisMorphine » January 26th, 2011, 11:18 pm

I'm hating reading this thread because as much as I want Seamus to find a new home, I also can look over onto my bed where the bulldogs are sleeping and easily see him crammed between the two. UGH I just smurfing LOVE this dog!
SisMorphine

Postby ofthesun » January 28th, 2011, 8:33 am

Seamus has a "meet and greet" with a family and their other dogs next week. It seems like they would be a good choice as she is a groomer, feeds raw, I have known her for a few months and is relatively close by so I can keep updated on him. I am not, however, treating this as first come first serve so if there are any seriously interested people please PM me or email me at matthew.mickle@yahoo.com with any questions or info. Thanks!
ofthesun
Just Whelped

Postby SisMorphine » January 28th, 2011, 10:22 am

Yay! That's great news :)
SisMorphine

Postby ofthesun » February 6th, 2011, 9:16 pm

Seamus was off to his new home this afternoon. Best wishes for him!
ofthesun
Just Whelped

Postby SisMorphine » February 7th, 2011, 12:09 am

I was sad to say goodbye, but I know it'll be best for everyone involved. And at least he went off to his new home rocking a mohawk ;)
SisMorphine

Postby ofthesun » February 7th, 2011, 12:57 am

SisMorphine wrote:I was sad to say goodbye, but I know it'll be best for everyone involved. And at least he went off to his new home rocking a mohawk ;)

LOL yes and I think they may keep it! :D we will see...
ofthesun
Just Whelped

Return to Rescue