Love My Bullies

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby ofthesun » January 24th, 2011, 6:50 pm

Hi,

My name is Matt and I am from MA. I currently have two bullies, a pit and a bulldog. I actually got the pit from another member of this forum, well, actually my ex and I did, she was/is (?) a member on here. He is a couch potato for the most part. My bulldog on the other hand is from working lines and hardly rests unless he is crated. I work with him (casually) in PP. I also have two other "fluffy" dogs as well (a st. poodle and chinese crested).
ofthesun
Just Whelped

Postby SisMorphine » January 24th, 2011, 6:53 pm

What up, Matt!! Welcome to the forum!

-Alyssa
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby ArtGypsy » January 24th, 2011, 7:24 pm

:wave2: :wave2: Welcome Matt!!
it's good to have you here at PBT!!
:D

It may take a little time for the moderators to come along and grant you approval to post elsewhere, so in the meantime, how about telling us a little more about you and your Poochies....*yeah, :wink: we're kinda nosy around here, ha ha*

PICTURES Would be FAN tastic! :neener:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby iluvk9 » January 24th, 2011, 7:42 pm

Welcome Matt. :) You aren't MY ex, are you? :| I have had a few. :neener:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby SisMorphine » January 24th, 2011, 7:45 pm

iluvk9 wrote:Welcome Matt. :) You aren't MY ex, are you? :| I have had a few. :neener:

LMAO

Post up some pics of the kids damnit! Though I'm sure there are still some posted here from the ex, though it doesn't appear she's been here since the end of '09.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby ofthesun » January 24th, 2011, 9:14 pm

This is Lucius (aka Lucic; Chi Chi; Sin (formerly))

This is Spicy McHaggis:

SisMorphine wrote:What up, Matt!! Welcome to the forum!
-Alyssa

HI Alyssa!

iluvk9 wrote:Welcome Matt. :) You aren't MY ex, are you? :| I have had a few. :neener:

Nope, She knows who she is and I am sure she doesn't show her face around here any more (long story, ask Alyssa I don't feel like going over it again :cuss: )
ofthesun
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » January 24th, 2011, 9:20 pm

I love Lucius. :loveU:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 24th, 2011, 9:23 pm

Wait, I remember Spicy but I can't remember who owned him...you're going to make me do a search 'cause I'm curious now! And holy cripes is Lucious gorgeous! I've seen him before, too...right??? *brain...hurts...*

And alright, I did a search and my brain has stopped hurting. Welcome!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby SisMorphine » January 24th, 2011, 9:52 pm

Hint Liz, Spicy is an Alapaha. Not many of us on this board ;)
SisMorphine

Postby FAB dogs » January 24th, 2011, 9:53 pm

Spicy McHaggis - are you a DKM fan?
Tina
Avery - Southpawz Elf Queen, CGC- Siberian Psycho Terrier
Brogan - Southpawz Mystery Man, CGC - Ephelis Spaniel
Fenway - Southpawz 4 Yawkey Way -Bull Collie
And the crazy cats
FAB dogs
Just Whelped

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 24th, 2011, 9:55 pm

SisMorphine wrote:Hint Liz, Spicy is an Alapaha. Not many of us on this board ;)

I searched and figured it out. I knew he was an Alapaha. I remembered that much! lol
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby amazincc » January 24th, 2011, 10:26 pm

Welcome to PBT, Matt!!! :D

I definitely remember Spicy and Lucius... they look GREAT!!! :heartbeat:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby SisMorphine » January 24th, 2011, 10:46 pm

amazincc wrote: they look GREAT!!! :heartbeat:

:thumbsup:
SisMorphine

Postby mnp13 » January 25th, 2011, 12:11 am

is Spicy the the one who had his ear split open from end to end?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby airwalk » January 25th, 2011, 12:12 am

Hi Matt, glad to see the fur-kids are looking amazing.
airwalk
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » January 25th, 2011, 7:09 am

mnp13 wrote:is Spicy the the one who had his ear split open from end to end?

I'll answer for Matt (because I'm awake at an absurd hour). Yes. And in the first pic of him the split ear is the one that is silly looking. Love that bulldog!! <3
SisMorphine

Postby ofthesun » January 25th, 2011, 8:55 am

FAB dogs wrote:Spicy McHaggis - are you a DKM fan?

Yep, he is definitely named after the jig! lol

Thanks all for the warm welcome :)
ofthesun
Just Whelped

Postby ArtGypsy » January 25th, 2011, 9:21 am

WELL..........I know NOTHING of the back story, or how they looked before, But they CERTAINLY are freaking adorable NOW!!

Glad you're here!
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby ofthesun » January 25th, 2011, 12:24 pm

Well, on a down note, I will get to what has brought me here. I am hoping to get connected with people in the bully community because for several reasons (some of which make me very sad) I am currently trying to find homes for several of my dogs. I have been trying for the past year to make things work with all four of them but need to accept the fact that its just not happening.

One of my issues is straight up just the expenses, from food to vets, it is just unrealistic for me to keep going this way. Secondly where I am living I am not supposed to have this many dogs. In all honesty I would never want to give up either of my bullies and would make the living arrangements work with the quantity but ever since last October I have had to crate and rotate Lucius and Spicy after a huge fight.

This has unfortunately put Lucius at the top of the list. Don't get me wrong, I know and accept that this type of thing is a possibility with any bully and it isn't that I can't or wont deal with a dog aggression issue. Again, crating and rotating would be fine, but he is just such a good dog otherwise (has never had any issues with any other dogs other than Spicy all of a sudden), I feel terrible having him be crated for half the time I am actually home. It truly breaks my heart to be typing this but I just cant continue to have him crated for 2/3 or more of the day... its not fair to him, he wants nothing more than to lay around on the couch all day.

Due to the cost and living arrangement issues I am also looking to place my St Poodle and Chinese Crested in new homes as well. I know this forum in geared for bullies but I figured I'd mention them just in case. These two do not have any serious issues of note like Lucius.

Please feel free to ask or say anything either publicly or by PM. I just want to do right by the dog.
ofthesun
Just Whelped

Postby TinaMartin » January 25th, 2011, 1:27 pm

Hi Matt! Good to see your "face" here!
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Next

Return to Introductions