The Classic Car Litter need homes!

Postby TheRedQueen » January 21st, 2011, 9:56 am

iluvk9 wrote:"Multi-tasking with puppies". Love it. 8)

I was carrying them three at a time...but they're getting a bit heavy for that now. ;) They actually don't get carried a lot, they know where to go now...I get rushed when I open the x-pen.

They did get to come upstairs last night...into the living room for the first time. Since they all went pee/poop outside, they were invited onto the hardwood floors. ;) They had a blast, playing with Figgy, chasing each other, playing on the dog beds, and seeing the cats for the first time. The cats however did *not* have a blast. ;)
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Malli » January 21st, 2011, 1:25 pm

To me, Nash looks very Bull Breedish.
I'm curious if they are nippy/mouthy? I don't have experience with raising Bull Breed Puppies (oddly) but Oscar was a LAND SHARK at about this age, and for quite some time :shock:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby TheRedQueen » January 21st, 2011, 4:27 pm

Malli wrote:I'm curious if they are nippy/mouthy? I don't have experience with raising Bull Breed Puppies (oddly) but Oscar was a LAND SHARK at about this age, and for quite some time :shock:

no more so than any other puppy I've raised...of any breed. There were some that were worse (the smooth collie pup, the golden pup, the field spaniel pup: we nicknamed her "the chocolate shark") and some were better (the curly-coated retriever)...but most are about the same.

Charger is the most mouthy...with Fiat and Dart coming in second.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby Malli » January 21st, 2011, 8:11 pm

hmm, boys will be boys!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby BigDogBuford » January 21st, 2011, 9:46 pm

I also dislike puppy breath. Ugh.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby TheRedQueen » January 22nd, 2011, 12:52 am

Shelby might just be heading to her new home tomorrow! Fingers crossed everyone! :)

TheRedQueen

Postby TheRedQueen » January 23rd, 2011, 12:40 am

I'm down to eight! Shelby went to her forever home tonight! She has two kids and a pit bull mix in the family...she's gonna be happy, I think! :)

TheRedQueen

Postby Malli » January 23rd, 2011, 4:12 am

Yay Shelby :)
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » January 23rd, 2011, 7:49 am

TheRedQueen wrote:I'm down to eight! Shelby went to her forever home tonight! She has two kids and a pit bull mix in the family...she's gonna be happy, I think! :)

Well, that certainly seems like a managable number now! Put your feet up and relax! :giggle:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Jenn » January 24th, 2011, 2:46 pm

Congrats on one down!! :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby TheRedQueen » January 24th, 2011, 10:06 pm

Two more applications have gone out for my puppies! :)

TheRedQueen

Postby Malli » January 25th, 2011, 3:22 am

woo hoo!
And soon there was 6 :)
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby TheRedQueen » January 25th, 2011, 7:11 pm

John has taken over the job of calling references and checking out applications for the rescue...so he'll be getting first hand details of where the pups are going! lol Two applications came in today...and I've had nibbles from two other people...yea! :cheer:

TheRedQueen

Postby TheRedQueen » January 27th, 2011, 12:26 am

Applications keep coming in! Someone's interested in Galaxie now, and we have a good one for Charger!

TheRedQueen

Postby furever_pit » January 27th, 2011, 12:35 am

Awesome!
You'll be out of puppies before you know it.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » January 30th, 2011, 8:55 pm

All of the applications haven't panned out...various reasons.

But...John's family took two puppies tonight...Charger and Dart...(two separate households). :)

TheRedQueen

Postby Malli » January 31st, 2011, 12:20 am

yay :)
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby TheRedQueen » February 1st, 2011, 9:14 am

The pups went to the vet yesterday for their first round of distemper vax...and second de-worming. There are only six now, so easier to get in and out of the vet's office now! They all got weighed...the smallest of them was 11.5# (Falcon) and the biggest was 15# (Hudson)...so they're doing well. They've all gained 5-6 pounds in two weeks.

They were great at the vet...standing still for the exam, taking the worming meds and getting the shot without flinching, yelping, whining. Just being good puppies. As one got examined, the others were running around on the floor playing with toys. So it was a good visit for them too...afterwards they all got to attack Dr. Collins...as she squatted down to say hi. They climbed all over her, nibbling fingers and pulling pantlegs.

We stopped at the local pet store on the way home...all natural treats, food, etc. I had to get Fig food, so I took two puppies in, for cuddle time with the store employees (small store, I know the handful of women that work there). Ended up bringing all of them in for meet-n-greets with potential adopters...handed out cards, etc. And the pups ended up tired and happy. They all love meeting new people. As I was putting them away in the van, a woman drove by in the parking lot...and had to get out and come say hi...she's looking for a dog, so she got a card too! Hopefully we'll be hearing from some of them!

As we were leaving, a sales rep for the pet supply company asked about the puppies...upon hearing that I was fostering them...she asked if I'd like some treats for them. Sure! So she took me out to her car, and loaded me down with treats, cat treats, real smoked bones (four of 'em) and other goodies...at least $100 worth of stuff!

Pups came home happy, tired and full of treats!

TheRedQueen

Postby amalie79 » February 1st, 2011, 10:00 am

Best story ever, Erin! The local pet store we go to is like that-- the sales manager loves to see Robin (even when she's acting like an ass :rolleyes2: ) and not only loads Robin up with treats in the store for being a good girl, she always sends us home with treats for my pups who didn't get to come-- sometimes a pound or two of Zukes, Pet Greens, Fruitables, dried turkey burgers, lamb lung, and anything else they're even thinking about carrying.

Ugh. I so wish I could take one of those puppers-- they really sound like they are growing into great little dogs!!
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby Hoyden » February 1st, 2011, 10:10 am

That's awesome! Some company reps are awesome.

I hope some of those leads pan out into good homes.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue