Surgery Checklist for Truman

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby iluvk9 » January 12th, 2011, 5:46 pm

That's the backyard and we were making a spot on the deck for Truman to use. We got 18 inches and drifts of 3 ft. Ugghh....I keep shoveling driveway end so my freaking PLAN of backing it in to a certain spot will still work.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby DemoDick » January 12th, 2011, 9:03 pm

You guys will do fine.

Pay attention to your vet's restrictions and follow them to the letter. Truman will protect his bad leg, it's up to YOU to protect his OTHER leg, which will bear the brunt of two legs as he compensates. Keep him on leash, all the time, whenever he's not crated. I'm sure you're aware that 50% of the cases require a second surgery to correct the other knee, usually due to owner's not following restrictions.

He will get a little "cabin fever" and it's up to you to mitigate that and keep him as low key as possible. We gave a ton of tramadol for the first few weeks just to make sure Connor was as comfortable as possible. Ace is not a great idea, as it creates a LOT of uncoordination/confusion which isn't a good thing in a three legged dog trying to protect a fresh and painful surgical repair.

Good luck.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby amazincc » January 12th, 2011, 9:13 pm

Sending Pony-sized good thoughts to you and Truman for tomorrow. :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby madremissy » January 12th, 2011, 9:18 pm

Joyce, you have been here and know what to do. You have some pretty handy things to help you out with his walking. I know everything is going to be just fine with Truman. You know that I am sending as many good thoughts and prayers as possible for Truman. Plenty of thoughts of mojitios for you :wink:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby CinderDee » January 12th, 2011, 9:19 pm

Sending lots of love & good thoughts to you & Truman! :heartbeat: :hug3:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Ino » January 12th, 2011, 10:24 pm

Sending good thoughts for you and Truman!! I am sure everything will go well for you guys.
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Hundilein » January 12th, 2011, 10:30 pm

Lots of good thoughts to you and Truman!
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby plebayo » January 12th, 2011, 10:53 pm

amazincc wrote:Sending Pony-sized good thoughts to you and Truman for tomorrow. :hug3:

x10!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby airwalk » January 12th, 2011, 10:55 pm

Everything will be fine and you will be wonderful. You have it all planned out and you are good enough to wing it when you need. We are here if you need us...and yep have everything on hand for a really good mojito.
airwalk
I live here

Postby Hoyden » January 13th, 2011, 1:21 am

We have lots of Bo-Bo's (I assuming they are stuffed animals) downstairs that we can send. The girls have a bin of keepers and 4 bins that we were trying to figure out what to do with.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby hugapitbull » January 13th, 2011, 6:16 am

Lots of good thoughts for pony and you today. Don't worry, he will adapt and you will adapt and all will be well. Heed Demo's advise and don't let him overdo, hard as that may be as he begins to feel better.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby iluvk9 » January 13th, 2011, 6:40 am

Two hours and I load him into the SUV. He has no idea why he isn't getting breakfast, but the Bobo is keeping him occupied.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Pit♥bull » January 13th, 2011, 8:04 am

:goodthoughts: :goodthoughts: :goodthoughts: :goodthoughts: :goodthoughts: :goodthoughts: :goodthoughts: :goodthoughts:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Previous

Return to Off-Topic