I hate ALLERGIES!

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby TinaMartin » January 11th, 2011, 6:56 pm

As if Gator isn't allergic to enough already, we can now add his collar buckle to the mile long list! :cuss: >( :mad2: :nono: I didn't want to give him a full blown bath so was washing him down with a wet dishtowel and where his buckle sits is all reshy and sore! Wwwwhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Just needed to rant and whine.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby BigDogBuford » January 11th, 2011, 7:00 pm

I'm sorry. Having an allergy dog sucks. *pats shoulder*
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby amazincc » January 11th, 2011, 7:01 pm

Ugh... poor Gator. :sad2:

I got one just like that here, too. :nono:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby TinaMartin » January 11th, 2011, 7:03 pm

Thanks. Yes it does. The only "good" thing is now I need to shop for a new collar for him...
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby BigDogBuford » January 11th, 2011, 7:06 pm

TinaMartin wrote:Thanks. Yes it does. The only "good" thing is now I need to shop for a new collar for him...

Atta girl!
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby TheRedQueen » January 11th, 2011, 8:08 pm

lol...Fig has the same problem...I do sympathize...
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby TinaMartin » January 11th, 2011, 8:20 pm

Yeah Gator thinks he is rather special right now running around the house as naked dog.
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Hoyden » January 12th, 2011, 2:38 am

I just put up a sale on Pete's Dog Gear.

I already know what hardware he needs. I run into this so often that I have it on hand at all times.

Just message me.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Malli » January 12th, 2011, 4:41 am

We sympathize. Don't have that issue, but recently grew a severe anaphylactic allergy to fleas.

After a day of Benedryl and no end to them in sight, not to mention a heavily sedated pupper, we finally had to start steroids, and even then, they recurred a day later. From my medical experience, we bordered the entire time on hospitalization. :cuss:

And not that I have a parisite-infested dog, but he has had fleas before, and never had that reaction! :rolleyes2: :doh:

Its like wtf :| whats next? rrrrg. But really, *touch wood* we have had a really good year, frankly hives almost seems like a decent tradeoff!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby TinaMartin » January 12th, 2011, 8:39 am

Hoyden wrote:I just put up a sale on Pete's Dog Gear.

I already know what hardware he needs. I run into this so often that I have it on hand at all times.

Just message me.

I will be speaking to you today once I get to work. His neck looks better this morning so I know its the collar for sure. Still nasty looking but not as bad. Of course he acted like nothing was wrong and when I went to clean it he leaning into it like it felt good. Stupid boy. :crazy2:
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby TinaMartin » January 12th, 2011, 8:43 am

Malli wrote:We sympathize. Don't have that issue, but recently grew a severe anaphylactic allergy to fleas.

After a day of Benedryl and no end to them in sight, not to mention a heavily sedated pupper, we finally had to start steroids, and even then, they recurred a day later. From my medical experience, we bordered the entire time on hospitalization. :cuss:

And not that I have a parisite-infested dog, but he has had fleas before, and never had that reaction! :rolleyes2: :doh:

Its like wtf :| whats next? rrrrg. But really, *touch wood* we have had a really good year, frankly hives almost seems like a decent tradeoff!

Thanks Malli. Gator has the flea problem as well. Thank goodness I have only had to deal with it once and it wasn't too bad.
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Malli » January 12th, 2011, 4:24 pm

The reaction was SO strong, I bought a huge bottle of Benedryl that I take with us whenever we go a bit farther away from home :shock:

He was trying to scratch himself on the pavement, at one point :(
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby TinaMartin » January 12th, 2011, 4:28 pm

Malli wrote:The reaction was SO strong, I bought a huge bottle of Benedryl that I take with us whenever we go a bit farther away from home :shock:

He was trying to scratch himself on the pavement, at one point :(

WOW! That's bad. Poor guy.
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby SisMorphine » January 12th, 2011, 4:55 pm

Poor Gator. Another to add to the list :(

But hey, collar shopping isn't so bad ;)
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby TinaMartin » January 12th, 2011, 5:19 pm

Yup! Already have everything worked out with Noel. He's going to be spiffy!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby BullyLady » January 12th, 2011, 5:59 pm

Shelby and I feel your pain, allergies are OF THE DEVIL.

Butt scritches to Gator.
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Return to Nutrition & Health