An update:

Postby pitsnok » November 1st, 2010, 11:56 pm

Well, this weekend we are meeting with a couple I know for a meet and greet with Ollie. They have a rescued pit bull already, Koko, who is about three or four. The couple owns an art gallery/specialty store and Koko goes to the shop with them every day. They are in the process of moving into a historical house they have remodeled, complete with a backyard. Since they are finally moving into their house and settling in, they are wanting to get a second dog. They are very savvy people. When I first met her she really impressed me with her pit bull knowledge, and how proactive they have been with Koko. It is impossible not to love Ollie to death, so everything rides on how he and Koko are together.

We haven't set a time yet, but will probably be meeting up on Saturday or Sunday when they are more completely moved in.

I decided after an altercation with Boss and Harlow last night that Boss will be better off going to a home with no other dogs. The fight was nothing serious, but was the 'fight-iest' I have ever seen either of them, and Harlow wasn't doing anything to provoke Boss. Perhaps it has just taken this long for him to get this comfortable? I dunno. Anyway, I just think it is the wisest choice, for MY piece of mind, and to prevent any future problems in whatever home he gets.

I am waiting to get completely in with the rescue group until after this weekend when we know whether or not we will need their help with Ollie, too. I know Boss will be harder to place.

Anyway, keep your fingers crossed for us, and that Koko loves Ollie. Also, send me good strong vibes that I won't be a total sap about it. :rolleyes2:
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Tubular Toby » November 2nd, 2010, 12:38 am

This is great news!! I hope it works out.
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » November 2nd, 2010, 12:43 am

pitsnok wrote:They have a rescued pit bull already

And then you say
pitsnok wrote:Boss will be better off going to a home with no other dogs.

Aren't these two statements rather contradictory? :|
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » November 2nd, 2010, 12:49 am

She has a meet and greet planned with Ollie, not Boss.

I hope it goes well!!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby plebayo » November 2nd, 2010, 1:15 am

Yay I hope it goes well too! I know this has been a tough decision for you overall, it sounds like you're doing really well by them.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby pitsnok » November 2nd, 2010, 1:44 am

pitsnok wrote:They have a rescued pit bull already

And then you say

pitsnok wrote:Boss will be better off going to a home with no other dogs.

Aren't these two statements rather contradictory? :|

Ollie has no problems with dogs. In fact I hope he will go to a home with another dog because he loves others so much. Boss is the other stray. He is less enthusiastic about other dogs... and prefers to be with people.
I do worry slightly about separating the two, but like you guys have said, dogs DO bounce back. And they are both still so young that I know it's not something I should really let bother me too much.

It has been really tough, but the good thing is that I do know the couple. I really couldn't ask for a better suit people-wise. I just hope Koko and Ollie feel the same! =)

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » November 2nd, 2010, 1:48 am

mnp13 wrote:She has a meet and greet planned with Ollie, not Boss.

:doh:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby pitsnok » November 2nd, 2010, 2:12 am

mnp13 wrote:She has a meet and greet planned with Ollie, not Boss.

:doh:

:fastRoll:

I was seriously like, "Oh my god did I say something stupid?!"

pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » November 2nd, 2010, 2:17 am

pitsnok wrote:I was seriously like, "Oh my god did I say something stupid?!"
Nope, it was me. :oops:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby pitsnok » November 2nd, 2010, 2:30 am

Nope, it was me. :oops:

Forgiven! :itsOK:

pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Ino » November 2nd, 2010, 8:49 pm

Best of luck with the placement!! I hope it all works out great!! You did a great thing for those boys!!! :D
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pitsnok » November 2nd, 2010, 10:11 pm

Thank you! I feel very fulfilled by helping them. Although it's going to be really super duper hard to let them go, it will also be really nice to just have my two dogs back. :wink:

I'm going to bathe Ollie, and might tie something super cute around his neck. Gotta make him be even more lovable for the big date. I was thinking it would be really cute if I bought a children's shirt from their store and had him wear it... but that's a bit over the top, haha.

pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pitsnok » January 10th, 2011, 9:21 pm

Ollie has a home.

My former manager and good friend of mine came and took him tonight. His roommates have dogs, but they are dog friendly. I told him if there is any negative anything, or if for some reason it isn't working ...even two years from now... that he comes back to us. He's a great guy, and is great with dogs.

And yes, I'm crying. :cry:

Boss keeps looking at the door waiting for them to come back.

Good god this is hard.

pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 10th, 2011, 9:32 pm

:hug: That's so exciting for Ollie! Just keep reminding yourself that you saved his life.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby pitsnok » January 10th, 2011, 9:42 pm

i just keep telling myself that if this is something I want to do with my life then I have to start somewhere, and that I'll get used to it. But DANG.

My biggest fear is that he and Boss shouldn't be separated and they never get over being away from each other. I know dogs are resilient and everything, but still that's my biggest worry.

Boss keeps looking at the front door like he's expecting them to come back in. I hate that I can't explain it to them, ya know? I can't imagine what's going through both of their heads right now.

Waaahhhh I am being such a baby. :bigCry:

pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » January 10th, 2011, 9:46 pm

I'm so proud of you...:hug3:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby madremissy » January 10th, 2011, 10:18 pm

You did good. :)
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby pitsnok » January 10th, 2011, 10:22 pm

I just realized I told you guys about Boss looking at the door twice.
OOPS.

Ugh. Thank you for the support... I know I'll be okay, but still it just.........sucks.

pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenn » January 11th, 2011, 2:46 pm

:hug3:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby amalie79 » January 11th, 2011, 3:30 pm

You're my hero. :clap: I don't think I could have done it, but I am sooo impressed with people who do.

Hang in there!
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Next

Return to Rescue