NOEL, you have outdone yourself!!!

Anything that doesn't fit into the other three catagories

Postby iluvk9 » January 10th, 2011, 4:34 pm

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

Truman just received CUSTOM MADE SLINGS for his surgery on Thursday!!! :wave2:

And an adorable card...:giggle:

The note said it is for "220 pounds of DRUNK MAN". I will assume that was YOUR drunk man? 8)

But, seriously, this was the sweetest thing for you to do. Especially since you MADE them and probably worked day and night around your other projects. I fully trust that they will hold his weight!

Thank you, Noel. :hug3:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby plebayo » January 10th, 2011, 4:38 pm

YAY That is awesome!!!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby madremissy » January 10th, 2011, 4:41 pm

Wahooooo, Isn't it awsome?????? It turned out perfect.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Tubular Toby » January 10th, 2011, 4:43 pm

Wow, that is awesome!!!
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » January 10th, 2011, 4:54 pm

Everyone loves some Truman
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 10th, 2011, 4:57 pm

Wow!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » January 10th, 2011, 5:01 pm

:clap: Well done Noel!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Hoyden » January 10th, 2011, 5:29 pm

YAY! It arrived!!

Well, the great dane we tested them on weighed less than Truman. Me being me, I had to test them somehow, so Mark got volunteered.

We hooked them up to the chains on the swing set and had him "swing" in them to make sure that they'd hold the weight. He wanted a 12 pack of Sam Adams to participate in my insanity, hence the drunken man. :lmao:

We thought that Truman would like a "Puppy Pin-up" so we had to doll up the card with sparkly collar and nail polish.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby call2arms » January 10th, 2011, 6:26 pm

Awesome!

You even got Truman some entertainment for his long recovery! :D
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby hugapitbull » January 10th, 2011, 6:47 pm

You do have pictures of the Mark experiment, right?

That will really be handy. Thankfully Trouble didn't need a sling very long - a week or so, we did lots of experimenting trying to get something that was good for her and good for us. The old towel trick just doesn't work so well for us.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby iluvk9 » January 10th, 2011, 7:48 pm

I CAN LIFT HIM!!! :wave2:

It is hard to take a photo while I hold the sling....but:

There is even a notch where I think his penis sort of goes. :giggle:

AND: THANK YOU, DIANE, FOR THE DESIGN OF THE SLING!!! I absolutely appreciate your help in figuring this thing out!! :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 10th, 2011, 8:09 pm

:clap:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » January 10th, 2011, 8:30 pm

Oh, geez... I meant to write DIANA. 8) I am a little overwhelmed with all this kindness...
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Hoyden » January 10th, 2011, 8:37 pm

YAY!! Yes, the notch is to keep him from peeing on the sling. I made two in case one gets dirty.

Diana was AWESOME at telling me EXACTLY what you needed and how it needed to work so that you would be able to lift him without risking hurting yourself.

(I wasn't going to let the cat out of the bag until I was allowed to. :wave2:
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby iluvk9 » January 10th, 2011, 8:42 pm

I have been practicing with "skinny Harley" (75 pounds) and I can lift him very easily. This is going to be the perfect sling for Truman. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » January 10th, 2011, 8:44 pm

Noel, you know how Joyce wants to know everything. :rolleyes2: :wink: I thought I would tell her about your idea and how it went. I didn't get into all the details with Mark and the great dane. AND how you are trying to pawn Mark off onto her. RIght Alyssa????? :wink:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Hoyden » January 10th, 2011, 9:33 pm

It's not pawning when he is reading over your shoulder and volunteers himself to drive down to help out with Truman. He even said he'd cook since he knows that Joyce can't cook. :giggle:

He said it was only right after how much Joyce helped us when we lost Pete and has helped so many other dog owners.

He is laid off until the beginning of March unless we have ugly storms that knock down trees, so he has the time.

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby SisMorphine » January 10th, 2011, 9:39 pm

Yay!! It looks awesome. Great job Noel :)

madremissy wrote: . . . AND how you are trying to pawn Mark off onto her. RIght Alyssa????? :wink:

:wink3:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby airwalk » January 10th, 2011, 11:13 pm

Excellent job Noel, those will be perfect. Joyce you will absolutely love having them and they will give you a ton of peace of mind. I just called on my experience with my 140lb'er...I feel your pain
airwalk
I live here

Postby Malli » January 11th, 2011, 4:06 am

Nice work Noel! Yay presents Joyce and Truman!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Next

Return to All the Rest