SHITshitshit...who wants an 8 week old pit mix?

Postby TheRedQueen » January 1st, 2011, 10:16 pm

I might have a litter of them soon...

anyone have foster space for puppies? I'm in MD, for those that don't know
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby ArtGypsy » January 1st, 2011, 10:18 pm

ACK!! :o :shock: :o :shock:

What???
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby TheRedQueen » January 1st, 2011, 10:27 pm

litter of 9 puppies...here in town, have to go or they die...that sort of crap. very cute brindle, reds, black and tans...we're scrambling here to see if we can get fosters.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby TheRedQueen » January 1st, 2011, 10:27 pm

litter of 9 puppies...here in town, have to go or they die...that sort of crap. very cute brindle, reds, black and tans...we're scrambling here to see if we can get fosters.

TheRedQueen

Postby TheRedQueen » January 1st, 2011, 10:32 pm

Whew...a rescuer stepped up to take the pups...I'll be quarantining them at my house until she can get them. anyone want a pup?

TheRedQueen

Postby iluvk9 » January 2nd, 2011, 7:30 am

Glad someone could foster them!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » January 2nd, 2011, 9:50 am

I'll have better pics of them today...as I guess I'm off to rescue these babies later this afternoon...:| I don't know how I get myself into these things. Mom and dad need rescuing too...but I'll have to leave them behind for now. Pups are the most important right now.

TheRedQueen

Postby LaylaWoobie » January 2nd, 2011, 11:25 am

Just PMed you Erin - I have someone up here looking for a puppy. Let me know what's available and we'll see what we can do about transport, etc.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » January 2nd, 2011, 10:20 pm

Okay, I didn't get the pups today...they're supposedly younger than 8 weeks...so I'm waiting to hear back from the "owner". I'm hoping to get out to the farm this week to meet the pups (and get pics) and meet mom n' dad. More details to follow. The pups are in a barn with a heat lamp...and it's not terribly cold right now, so it's not as urgent. And I'd rather them be weaned properly if possible.

TheRedQueen

Postby LaylaWoobie » January 3rd, 2011, 4:37 pm

hopefully they'll be okay there for another couple weeks

let me know whenever you get more info - I know at least one of them can come up here
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby furever_pit » January 4th, 2011, 8:53 pm

Let me know if you still need fosters.
I own quite a bit of land in NC and am moving the boys and I back there this month. I may be able to take on one or two pups to foster if you still need the help.
I am open to taking on mom and/or dad as well.

Just let me know what you need and we can see what we can work out.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » January 4th, 2011, 10:04 pm

furever_pit wrote:Let me know if you still need fosters.
I own quite a bit of land in NC and am moving the boys and I back there this month. I may be able to take on one or two pups to foster if you still need the help.
I am open to taking on mom and/or dad as well.

Just let me know what you need and we can see what we can work out.

Wonderful! Thanks...I'm still waiting on the contact info for the "owners"...so I can get the 12 year old out of the picture. (this was a desparate plea from one of my flyball juniors...the one who is amazed that Ripley is 13 years old...because all of her dogs have run off or been "stolen" before they got old).

Once I have more info (and pics), I'll be posting!

TheRedQueen

Postby TheRedQueen » January 9th, 2011, 1:09 pm

I'll probably be picking up the litter today...I'll get pics soon.

TheRedQueen

Postby LMM » January 10th, 2011, 11:30 am

Which rescue is taking them? I'd offer to help but we have 13 pups right now that we had to scramble for foster homes so we are tapped!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby TheRedQueen » January 10th, 2011, 11:38 am

I work with Odessa Rescue and Rehabilitation in VA...I met Brenda on FB, and she sent us dogs for Fidos...and she helped place Oreo (my foster). Since then, they've donated Vesta (my SDiT) to me for training...and are helping me place Daisy. I'm also getting an Odessa foster this weekend (Willow) for potentially training in flyball. :) So I'm tight with Odessa...and they're willing to take this litter in...even though they've been slammed with litters lately.

Talked to the "owner" of the litter...should be getting the pups tomorrow...I've got to call the vet today and schedule a time for them all to come in...super fun since we're expecting 4-6 inches tomorrow. 8)

TheRedQueen

Postby LMM » January 10th, 2011, 12:37 pm

Yea it's like puppy season is off this year. The litters have been ridiculous.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby TheRedQueen » January 10th, 2011, 7:11 pm

Puppies are here! Working on getting pics...

TheRedQueen

Postby TheRedQueen » January 11th, 2011, 10:25 am

Pics of the puppies are in the gallery section. :)

For anyone that wants to donate to their care...here's the rescue info...I figured I'd throw it out there just in case anyone was feeling generous, but can't take a puppy! lol

paypal is odessarescue@hotmail.com or you can mail donations to odessa rescue, po box 191, mechanicsville, va 23111 :)

My vet is only charging us $25 per pup for exam and distemper vax...but with 9 pups, that adds up!

TheRedQueen

Return to Rescue