THE CONFESSION THREAD

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby ArtGypsy » January 1st, 2011, 11:06 pm

mnp13 wrote:a What?

A Box Elder ..http://pestcontrolcanada.com/INSECTS/box_elder_bugs.htm

Not A "hoard'....Just a Lonely Nomad...... :smileUp:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby call2arms » January 2nd, 2011, 3:18 pm

I think it's cute.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby TheRedQueen » January 2nd, 2011, 9:48 pm

ArtGypsy wrote:

But I send you the herd of stink bugs that I have...your bug won't be so lonely. :D :wave2: You're welcome!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby ArtGypsy » January 2nd, 2011, 10:06 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:
ArtGypsy wrote:

But I send you the herd of stink bugs that I have...your bug won't be so lonely. :D :wave2: You're welcome!

YOU'RE TOO KIND......... :dance:
ArtGypsy

Postby mnp13 » January 2nd, 2011, 11:07 pm

we have those ALL OVER my porch roof. I'll catch them and send them to you, since you love them so much.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby ArtGypsy » January 2nd, 2011, 11:10 pm

mnp13 wrote:we have those ALL OVER my porch roof. I'll catch them and send them to you, since you love them so much.

I didnt' say I love 'THEM',
I simply can't kill 'IT'.
:D
ArtGypsy

Postby mnp13 » January 3rd, 2011, 9:40 am

ah, well isn't a big group of "it" "them"??

No worries, I'm sure they will love their new no-kill sanctuary, because my house is HIGH kill. lol
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » January 3rd, 2011, 10:44 am

mnp13 wrote:ah, well isn't a big group of "it" "them"??

No worries, I'm sure they will love their new no-kill sanctuary, because my house is HIGH kill. lol

Luckily the cats and dogs have figured out that we're a no-kill stink bug sanctuary...took them long enough! :rolleyes2:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby call2arms » January 6th, 2011, 1:15 am

Found the Nikon software CD. It WAS in the pile of stuff I'd previously looked into. Mush be the house gnomes that hid it from me at that moment.
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby iluvk9 » January 6th, 2011, 6:51 am

call2arms wrote:Found the Nikon software CD. It WAS in the pile of stuff I'd previously looked into. Mush be the house gnomes that hid it from me at that moment.

This is a confession thread, not a "blame the gnomes" thread, Petunia. :neener:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby call2arms » January 6th, 2011, 11:05 am

Ok, well say the gnomes don't exist. That would be a confession of me, being pretty blind when looking for something... But that's only hypothetical, cause really it's the gnomes who are to blame indeed.

Plus, since this confesion thread was started in my honor, I think it's my right to post whatever I want in it. Ha.

call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby TheRedQueen » January 8th, 2011, 10:13 pm

Ripley (my oldest one, he's 13 1/4 years old) has a big problem with rottweilers...completely biased towards them due to bad problems in the past. Rarely does he see one, so it's not a big deal usually. But one of our flyball friends (on another team) got a rottie pup about a year ago...and Rip has had an issue from day one. She knows it, and we avoid putting their crates near each other at tournaments...as he's a big boy now...and Rip is smaller and frail. Rip actually was pushing his x-pen towards the rottie a few tournaments ago: lunging and barking like a fool. :nono:

Well long story short, my friend came onto Facebook yesterday, and said that her 16 year old BC was accidentally killed by the rottie (something about the BC accidentally "walking into" the rottie's mouth as they were coming out of their crates). The rottie now has found another home.

I feel horrible for my friend, because she put a lot of time and effort into training this rottie to be a well-trained boy...and she's heartbroken about her BC and the re-homing of the rottie. :cry:

But I honestly keep thinking...I'm so glad it wasn't Ripley at a flyball tournament... :(

TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » January 8th, 2011, 10:15 pm

Holy crap Erin....

I don't blame you for thinking that at all.

(something about the BC accidentally "walking into" the rottie's mouth as they were coming out of their crates)

That's nuts.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby amazincc » January 8th, 2011, 10:31 pm

TheRedQueen wrote: her 16 year old BC was accidentally killed by the rottie (something about the BC accidentally "walking into" the rottie's mouth as they were coming out of their crates).

Wow. :neutral:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Hundilein » January 8th, 2011, 10:59 pm

I think I'm falling in love with one of the dogs at the shelter I work at. :o

I've managed to work in a shelter full time for over a year and a half without falling for a dog. Sure, I've been tempted a few times, but I've always talked myself out of it within an hour and never done more than said hi when I happened to be walking past the dog's kennel. Yesterday I felt my defenses weakening. When my boss found out and suggested introducing him to Renee because I had her at work with me, it took all I had to insist that I am not getting another dog. Then last night as I was walking through the kennel before I left, I walked through an extra door and turned on a light just to say good night to him! :shock:

The worst part is, it's a little dog! I am NOT a small dog person. His name is Ricochet and he is some kind of Chihuahua-ish thing with a black mask and a super long tail. His face looks like a miniature Malinois face. He weighs about 10 pounds and is about 7-8 months old. And he does annoying little dog things like jumping up constantly and wanting to sit in your lap all the time, and he whines. And the whole time he was doing that yesterday in the exercise runs all I could think was, "He'd be a great sports dog with a little training...he could be a height dog in flyball and could do all kinds of fun freestyle tricks...and I could train him to be a good little dog and show people that it can be done...and he's kind of a wuss, so he'd probably listen when Renee told him she was the boss." And the tiny voice in my head that kept repeating, "I do not need another dog right now, I cannot get another dog right now" sort of got fainter and fainter.

Thankfully my brain is catching up today and so far I have managed not to bring the little bugger home, but if he stays much longer, I might be in trouble!
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » January 9th, 2011, 12:13 am

Small dogs are fun, Sarah! You'd be amazed...I know I [still] am!

:D And you know all of those obnoxious behaviors would be so easy to train out of him...:D

TheRedQueen

Postby CinderDee » January 9th, 2011, 4:04 am

TheRedQueen wrote:Small dogs are fun, Sarah! You'd be amazed...I know I [still] am!

:D And you know all of those obnoxious behaviors would be so easy to train out of him...:D

I hate to admit it but it's true. Zuzu is a maniac but she's a ton of fun & funny as hell. Do it. :mrgreen:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby amazincc » January 9th, 2011, 4:16 am

I sometimes pretend to throw a favorite toy, hide it under the pillow on the couch, and make the boys look for it... they'll frantically search the whole house for up to 30 minutes, and when they aren't looking I'll toss it somewhere in the living room just so I can make fun of them when they finally DO find it.
Like...:" Geez, you guys... it's BEEN there the WHOLE time!!!" :doh: :|

It never gets old... lol :oops:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby CinderDee » January 9th, 2011, 4:17 am

I play that game too! I love to make fun of Zuzu. lol
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » January 9th, 2011, 7:46 am

Hundilein wrote: His name is Ricochet and he is some kind of Chihuahua-ish thing with a black mask and a super long tail...

So, are you keeping that name when you adopt him? :popcorn2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic