Could you eat horse meat?

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 7th, 2011, 7:37 pm

I know it's a delicacy in other countries, and I know that they're mammals, just like cows, but I don't know if I could do it. Don't think I could eat dog or cat either. You guys?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby madremissy » January 7th, 2011, 8:09 pm

Hell no with a capital NO :puke: !!!
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby hugapitbull » January 7th, 2011, 8:15 pm

Liz, do you stay up at night thinking of these questions? :|
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 7th, 2011, 8:18 pm

This one came to me 'cause there was an article on CNN.com - I didn't mean it to be a debate at all. I was just curious.

But sometimes, yes, I try to come up with debatable topics. I find it difficult though as so many of us share the same mindset! lol
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby hugapitbull » January 7th, 2011, 8:24 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote: I find it difficult though as so many of us share the same mindset! lol

That is one scary damn thought. :shock: :goodStuff:

We probably get fed horse meat and other unknowns all the time.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby Jenn » January 7th, 2011, 8:24 pm

Only if I was starving, then I'm sure I would eat horse, bugs, or anything else I needed to. :|

Would I eat it, just to try it as a meal, HELL NO!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby plebayo » January 7th, 2011, 10:12 pm

Nope, it's waaaaay too dark for me.

I really don't even eat that much beef, I mean, I like it, but it isn't something I really LOVE the taste of, if I eat steak I put A1 on it, if I eat a burger it has lettuce and tomato and what not on it...

So - no thanks. I don't think I could eat a pony.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby cheekymunkee » January 7th, 2011, 10:22 pm

I'm from Texas and my dad was a hunter. So yeah, I will pretty much try anything. I spent so much time in Mexico in my younger days that I probably already have. :neutral:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jenn » January 7th, 2011, 10:50 pm

Don't you bring Texas into this lmao people don't hunt horses here!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby mnp13 » January 7th, 2011, 11:35 pm

I ate squirrel once, I've eaten frogs, snails and all sorts of other gross things... but horse? No, I don't think I could do it.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Malli » January 8th, 2011, 12:43 am

Normally? No. Under extenuating circumstances, yes. I would probably eat a lot of things that I normally wouldn't, if I was hungry enough.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby copperlegend » January 8th, 2011, 1:00 am

If it was absolutely positively the last protein source on earth, I would probably rather die. Same goes for dog and cat, too. I just couldn't do it.
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby BullyLady » January 8th, 2011, 2:49 am

That's easy, I don't eat any meat, so no! lol

Really though, Eric and I want to travel and so we have talked about that, and I think being a vegetarian will be a relief (though admittedly more complicated) while traveling because I will never have to wonder if I just eat a horse or a dog or whatever. Though sorting out whether a broth is meat based or not could prove challenging.
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby pocketpit » January 8th, 2011, 5:06 am

Absolutely. I would pretty much try alot of things. When I lived in Hawaii I had neighbors that barbequed dog. Sorry but it smelled wonderful. I would have tried it.
I wouldn't have the heart to kill either one especially just for food purposes but if it was already cooked and offered, I'd at least try it.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby iluvk9 » January 8th, 2011, 8:51 am

Nope.

I only eat fish because they aren't high up on the evolutionary chain, so I don't think they have a soul.

If I was starving, I doubt horse meat would be available anyway, so that situation doesn't realistically fit into my brain. I mean, where would I be that I am starving and a horse is running nearby? :giggle:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby KatieB » January 8th, 2011, 9:18 am

No. I couldn't do it. I wouldn't judge anybody that could, but for me personally...I have this instant, uncontrollable crying reaction to horses being hurt or killed, even in movies. I mean, tears just literally stream out of my eyes like a faucet. Nothing else does that to me, not even dogs being hurt or abused. I think it dates back to Atreyu losing his horse in the swamp in The Neverending Story. I've been traumatized since I saw that.
KatieB
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » January 8th, 2011, 9:57 am

I have a rule that I can't eat anything I've kept as a pet...so no rabbit, guinea pig, dog, cat, etc for me.

I wouldn't eat horse meat because I'm a big chicken...and won't try anything new. I eat very little meat...nowadays, but can't be vegetarian for health reasons.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby copperlegend » January 8th, 2011, 1:02 pm

KatieB wrote: I think it dates back to Atreyu losing his horse in the swamp in The Neverending Story. I've been traumatized since I saw that.

Oh geez, you had to remind me of that? Ugh, I hate that scene, I always fast forward that part.
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby AllAmericanPUP » January 8th, 2011, 4:47 pm

Nope.
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby DemoDick » January 9th, 2011, 8:41 pm

Oh hell yes.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Next

Return to Off-Topic