flying a dog acrosss country?

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby HappyPuppy » January 5th, 2011, 9:48 pm

This is too wierd - I was following a thread another forum ... and ended up on Georgia's CraigsList - Pets and saw a dog that resembled my friend's supposed rottXbassett... (the GA dog is a supposedly a rottxdaschund). My friend fell in love and wants this dog! Has spoken to the owner (they are moving and can't/won't take dog...how nice!) ... the issue is getting said dog from Georgia to California. What insight might any of you have to share re how to go about this? Should they just start calling airlines? Any experience with specific ones and general cost ballpark?
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 5th, 2011, 10:46 pm

definitely a question for Katrina. PSA competitors fly dogs all the time.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby HappyPuppy » January 5th, 2011, 11:15 pm

Well, it sounds like it will be a roadtrip after all as the dog needs shots... :nono: I think that's best anyway that they will go meet him in person! :thumbsup: < in my book! That's awesome to go to that length for a pet dog!
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby HappyPuppy » January 10th, 2011, 1:10 pm

Mods - you can delete this thread if you want...friend got a LOCAL little white fluffball puppy........
Ruby Underfoot, CGC
HappyPuppy
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » January 10th, 2011, 4:33 pm

HappyPuppy wrote:Mods - you can delete this thread if you want...friend got a LOCAL little white fluffball puppy........

Nope... now is where we can vent about people who buy puppies from BYB's. :cuss:
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Pit Bull Talk