Bitches...

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby TheRedQueen » January 4th, 2011, 6:37 pm

sheesh. :nono:

Just had a nasty, knock-down-drag-out, bitchy girl fight in the kitchen. The pit mix foster, you might ask? Well of course not...this was the golden retriever and Inara (the Aussie). Inara was guarding the counter in the kitchen, and Vesta didn't back off as usual. I turned at the growling to find Vesta with Inara's neck in her mouth...and Inara chomped down onto Vesta's forehead. I grabbed V because she had her martingale on, and was closest to me (on top of Inara). Inara hung on as I dragged V away...luckily she outed on command...I just tapped her head to get her attention and said "DROP IT!"

Bitches...girls suck.

Luckily there's no blood (I'm surprised)...and everyone's okay now...Inara went in the bathroom to chill, while I put V back downstairs in her crate. Tired crankiness indeed.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 4th, 2011, 6:42 pm

Isn't Vesta your SDiT? lol

Glad everybody is okay!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » January 4th, 2011, 6:58 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Isn't Vesta your SDiT? lol

Yes, yes she is... :rolleyes2:

No blood, so they weren't *terribly* serious...but still. :bs:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby fenella » January 4th, 2011, 7:16 pm

Fights are so scary. Glad you were right there to step in.
fenella
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby hugapitbull » January 4th, 2011, 8:21 pm

Glad all turned out well.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby TheRedQueen » January 4th, 2011, 9:55 pm

I figured out what triggered it... :doh:...I'm an idiot.

I rarely give the dogs rawhides/bully sticks/etc they usually get stuffed Kongs and reusable treat toys. But...we got rawhides for the 20 dogs that were here over the holidays, so they'd be more chill. So today I gave Inara, Sawyer and Rip a rawhide while I took the other dogs out to work with me. When I came home, I put the leftovers (they barely chewed on them) up on the counter. Inara was guarding them...and I was about to go put them safely away.

I just remembered though that Vesta's former foster mom said that rawhides are the ONE thing that she'll guard. :rolleyes2: When she had one at Christmas, she was safely put away in her crate (as were all the other dogs).

Now I know how serious she is around them...they won't be given out anymore while she's here! At least I figured it out and it's a clear trigger.

TheRedQueen

Postby hugapitbull » January 5th, 2011, 7:28 pm

Trouble doesn't get rawhides because she will growl at me if I get close enough to take it. She did it twice and that was the end of that. I cannot imagine how she would react to a dog.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby TheRedQueen » January 5th, 2011, 7:32 pm

hugapitbull wrote:Trouble doesn't get rawhides because she will growl at me if I get close enough to take it. She did it twice and that was the end of that. I cannot imagine how she would react to a dog.

lol...yeah, these two didn't even HAVE a rawhide...they were on the counter. :bs:

TheRedQueen

Return to Off-Topic