Anyone dealt with Zazzle?

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby TheRedQueen » December 26th, 2010, 5:28 pm

I ordered John an embroidered hat for Xmas...it came and it's AWFUL. I'll get a pic and post it. Sloppy, crappy embroidery...can't read the letters (It's supposed to be an Aussie and the words "Australian shepherd" but it's barely legible. Ridiculous. So I have to return it...I'm about to check the site to see what the policies are...anyone done a return via Zazzle before?
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby ArtGypsy » December 26th, 2010, 5:57 pm

I got business cards and a printed tee shirt for Kelcie........both were fine...
sorry......
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby pocketpit » December 26th, 2010, 6:11 pm

We have not had any issues either but were considering some embroidered items, so thanks for the heads up. Let us know how it goes.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » December 26th, 2010, 6:43 pm

Here's what I ordered:
http://www.zazzle.com/silhouette_austra ... 3671020010

Here's what I got:

I've submitted the picture to them...to ask for a refund.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby BigDogBuford » December 26th, 2010, 6:53 pm

That looks like crap! It almost looks like it's the back side of the embroidery. I've only ever gotten greeting cards from them and they are super high quality.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby mnp13 » December 26th, 2010, 9:18 pm

That is awful. They will likely refund your money and tell you to keep it.

Would you like me to make an "Aussie" hat like this one?
http://www.cafepress.com/rubypress.403144768
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Hoyden » December 26th, 2010, 9:29 pm

As someone who digitizes the embroidery and embroiders, that looks like crap!!

The cap was not hooped properly so that the material moved while they were stitching it, hence the outline is outside of the fill.

I don't know who digitized that embroidery, but who ever they are, they suck. There are too many thread jumps, even in their display image, the stitch density on the dog is set incorrectly, the letter outline is sloppy and the incorrect stitch was used. They used the number one fill on the embird digitizing program for the entire image. The dog should have been done in one type of fill and the lettering outline in another for contrast.

There you go. Professional opinion of that work.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby ArtGypsy » December 26th, 2010, 9:31 pm

Hoyden wrote:As someone who digitizes the embroidery and embroiders, that looks like crap!!

The cap was not hooped properly so that the material moved while they were stitching it, hence the outline is outside of the fill.

I don't know who digitized that embroidery, but who every they are, they suck. There are too many thread jumps, even in their display image, the stitch density on the dog is set incorrectly, the letter outline is sloppy and the incorrect stitch was used. They used the number one fill on the embird digitizing program for the entire image. The dog should have been done in one type of fill and the lettering outline in another for contrast.

There you go. Professional opinion of that work.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

TAKE A BOW, NOEL!! :wink:
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby TheRedQueen » December 26th, 2010, 10:10 pm

Fantastic Noel! :) That sums it up perfectly! lol

Michelle...let me ask John if he wants a heart hat...;)

TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » December 26th, 2010, 10:28 pm

I could do one with a silouette of a dog with "Aussie" infront of it. CafePress has a fixed width, so both words won't fit in any size that you'd be able to read.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Hoyden » December 26th, 2010, 10:33 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:Fantastic Noel! :) That sums it up perfectly! lol

Michelle...let me ask John if he wants a heart hat...;)

To add insult to injury, It isn't even centered.

I don't have the hat hoop or I'd do it for you. I HAVE been able to embroidery on ball caps in my regular hoops, but I have to use a certain kind of hat. The ones that open up all the way in the back and the front part can't be too stiff or have that plastic stuff in them.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby CinderDee » December 27th, 2010, 3:32 am

I can't believe they actually sent that to you! :nono: I've ordered cards & a couple of photo mugs from them and they were all really great!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby TheRedQueen » January 2nd, 2011, 12:02 am

I got an email yesterday from them...and they've refunded my money and told me to keep the product to dispose of/donate how I wish.

So I'm happier now...even though it took them a while to get back to me. I've never had this trouble with CafePress and other places.

TheRedQueen

Postby PetieMarie22 » January 3rd, 2011, 10:47 am

My sister actually got me a travel coffee mug with pictures of Sasha, Petie and Sunny on it from Zazzle. I think it came out pretty good. She also gave me coupons for the site if I wanted anything else. Obviously not everything comes out so well. I'll remember that. But it's awesome that they refunded your money!
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby fenella » January 4th, 2011, 7:14 pm

Glad it worked out! Sorry that you didn't get what you had hoped for in the first place.
fenella
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Off-Topic