Female pit mix in MD-up for adoption!

Postby TheRedQueen » December 25th, 2010, 11:22 pm

This is DAISY. :) I'll have her bio up later...but she's 3-4 years old, given up by her family for fighting with the pushy female boxer in the family. A very well-trained girl (she lived with a K-9 officer)...very sweet, loves kids, good with some dogs, not sure about cats yet.

UTD on vaccinations, spayed, HW negative (on preventative)

"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Malli » December 26th, 2010, 4:32 am

she's super cute. I can't imagine how heartbroken the man must have been. She looks like she is watching for them in the second picture :(
thanks for giving her a chance :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » December 26th, 2010, 7:51 am

I like her eyemakeup. :giggle:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » December 26th, 2010, 4:40 pm

Here's her bio...in her words. I love this cop (her former dad)

This part of the story is from Daisy

Well lets see, where do I start. The beginning is good I guess.
See, I started in a house in Howard County Maryland. When I was a pup I wasn't cared for much. The people quickly decided they didn't want me and turned me over to another family in Howard County. They let me run the streets where I got picked up by animal control. They spayed me and turned me over to another family who for some reason gave me to this lady in Prince George's County in Laurel.

One day they let me out to go to the bathroom the same way they always did.. Well, the yard wasn't fenced so I started to follow my nose. People would see me and they got scared. I don't understand why, all I want to do is be friends with everyone I meet. They said something about me being a Pit Bull. Well, they called the police who came lickety split. One of the officers called me over and I went right to him. I mean why not, I wanted to make new friends. He put me in the back of the car while they figured out where I lived. Well, I saw this other officer arrive. He had a car that said "K-9" on it. I don't know what that means but I could hear a big guy barking inside so that MUST mean he likes dogs!! He knew where I lived and he seemed to know that they weren't nice people in there. He spoke with them and then came and got me. I went right to him where he gently walked me on a leash to the front door. I stopped dead there. There was NO way I wanted to go back in there. See, I couldn't tell him the horrors that had happened in that house. The people are drunk ALL the time and they smoke this stuff that smells horrid, I heard them call it "PCP", whatever that is. Well, he carried me inside and put me gently down, told me to be good and it would be o.k. Then he left. I could tell he felt terrible. I saw him outside talking to a neighbor. He told me later the neighbor filled him in. She told him that the man inside the house beats me, kicks me and punched me in the head that morning at least 4-5 times because I was outside and didn't come when he called. I didn't go to him because I was scared. Then he began screaming in the back yard after he punched me saying he was going to "shoot me". I don't know what that means but with this guy, it can't be good!!

Later that day that "K_9" officer came back to the house. The people inside didn't want to open the door but he made them. He told them they couldn't own a Pit Bull in P.G. County and the people gave me right to him. He put me on a leash that he had around his waist, boy was he prepared!! He took me right to his car, where he put me gently on the front seat. I saw who had been making all that racket earlier in the car. It was a BIG Shepherd named "FRADO". He immediately started smelling me and told me how pretty I was. I learned that the officers name was "Steve". Boy I like him. He was kind and gentle. He took me to his home. Oh boy, I got 7 brothers and sisters right away!! There were 3 Chihuahua's Minnie, Snowy and Princess. A funny guy called a Pug named Nigel. 2 boxers named Abbey and Disney and Frado. I was in heaven!!!

One day we were all outside and i don't really remember exactly what started it but Disney and I ended up in a fight. We loved each other but we had trouble getting along. I think we were just too alike. We have high energy. Well, we were o.k. after that but we still had our problems getting along sometimes. I got along with everyone else from the smallest, Minnie at 4 lbs, to Frado at 100 lbs.

Well, I lived with my family for 1 1/2 years. My BEST part was my best friend Taylor. She is Steve's 10 year old daughter. I slept with her EVERY night on her bed. We watched movies together, played games and snuggled all the time. She's the BEST friend anyone could ask for!!

Steve told me I was going to a "new" home because Disney can't get along with me . He explained that he knows that it's not my fault. See, Disney acts VERY dominant and when I play with Frado she jumps in and bites me because she is jealous. Well, that starts the fight.

Steve has shed ALOT of tears with me. So has Taylor. Steve even took me to work with him. We played ball ALL day, went for walks and just hung out. It was the BEST!! He's REALLY sad and so am I. All I want is a home to be in forever. I'm not mad at Steve's wife Gretchen. She says I have to go.

You see, Steve and Taylor were the first people to really show me love. I snuggle with them, give LOTS of kisses and just LOVE being with them. They hug me, pet me and give me the campanionship I ALWAYS wanted. They saved me. See, at my old home, when they let me run the streets, I was almost hit by cars soooo many times. It was on a busy street. Steve says God brought us together. He said God ALWAYS has a plan. He says I am an "ANGEL". I will miss him. Every time he hugs me now I can feel him begin to cry. He said I am going to two people named John and Erin. Steve says they were a "gift from God".

I hope I will see Steve and Taylor again. They were the first people to show me love and who understood me.
Taylor says all she wanted was to be with me forever. Me too!!

P.S. We went to the doctor today and I met so many people. I licked all of them and made so many friends. Dogs too. Boy there were a lot of other doggies to be friends with!!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby iluvk9 » December 26th, 2010, 5:02 pm

That is really sweet.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby FAB dogs » December 26th, 2010, 5:05 pm

I love the "dig" about Steve's wife. :D

How is she getting along with Inara?
Tina
Avery - Southpawz Elf Queen, CGC- Siberian Psycho Terrier
Brogan - Southpawz Mystery Man, CGC - Ephelis Spaniel
Fenway - Southpawz 4 Yawkey Way -Bull Collie
And the crazy cats
FAB dogs
Just Whelped

Postby Malli » December 26th, 2010, 10:08 pm

:(
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby TheRedQueen » December 26th, 2010, 10:08 pm

FAB dogs wrote:I love the "dig" about Steve's wife. :D

How is she getting along with Inara?

She and Inara have *not* met...and may never meet. I'm not in the mood for breaking up a bitch fight lately. ;) Inara *will* push her buttons. She's met Score (who ADORES her...which is odd for him)...and has passed the Red Dogs in the house...no interest in them.

TheRedQueen

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 26th, 2010, 11:38 pm

Holy cripes that's sad. :-(
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » January 3rd, 2011, 10:52 am

Everyone cross their fingers...we might just have a home for Daisy!

TheRedQueen

Postby Malli » January 3rd, 2011, 1:59 pm

yay Daisy! Hope hope hope!
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby TheRedQueen » January 5th, 2011, 10:20 am

The family is interested in meeting her...sometime this week or weekend...:) Keep those good thoughts coming!

TheRedQueen

Postby Malli » January 5th, 2011, 2:24 pm

Good thoughts :) The most amazing family for the most amazing girl :)
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Pit♥bull » January 5th, 2011, 3:14 pm

:goodthoughts: for DAISY :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » January 5th, 2011, 7:26 pm

Daisy will be meeting the family tomorrow night...keep those good thoughts coming! They're working! 8)

TheRedQueen

Postby iluvk9 » January 5th, 2011, 8:09 pm

I love good news! :dance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Malli » January 6th, 2011, 3:40 am

she'd better remember her p's and q's and put on her best collar! :)
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby TheRedQueen » January 6th, 2011, 4:01 pm

Well, this fell through. The family has a very sick friend that moved in with them last night, and the doctor has advised "no animals around the patient".

Sad all around.

TheRedQueen

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 6th, 2011, 4:03 pm

Boo. :(
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jenn » January 6th, 2011, 4:12 pm

bummer
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Next

Return to Rescue