Hello from PA!

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby howfortunate » December 26th, 2010, 12:25 am

Merry Christmas everyone!
I've got a crying baby a few feet away, with Grandpa unsuccessfully trying to make him happy, so I'll keep this short! I'm a proud mom to the aforementioned baby Hurshall, almost 8 weeks old, my 11 yr old daughter Teagan, and our beloved housecow Millie, an American Bulldog/pittie mix adopted from a rescue in Rochester 2 years ago.
Since adopting the Millstein I've stayed fairly active with her rescue group, doing home visits and the occasional transport and short term foster, as much as my crazy life and household permit. I've really enjoyed the community and hope to branch out somewhat in the future, so for now I'm just trying to network and see who else is out there....
howfortunate
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » December 26th, 2010, 7:50 am

Welcome to the forum! :wave2: Don't worry, we did not hear the baby crying in the background. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby ArtGypsy » December 26th, 2010, 9:54 am

WELCOME to PBT!! :wave2:

Can't wait to see some pictures of Milli.....
(and ya gotta tell us about those names!) :wink: :mrgreen:

How did you hear about PBT?? Do you know folks here on the forum? (Since Our International PBT Headquarters is based in that area) :ninjaFight: :geek: :ninjaFight:

Because of the holidays, it may take a day or two for our mods to come along and approve you to post elsewhere, so in the meantime, you could pass the time uploading a few pics of that bulldog/pit bull mix!! :wink:

So glad to have you!
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby Megan » December 26th, 2010, 11:47 am

Just wanted to say welcome! I am also a new member from PA!
Megan
Just Whelped

Postby howfortunate » December 26th, 2010, 12:03 pm

I heard about PBT through some former members of SPBR and PBSmiles, the rescue I got my Millie-kins from. I think her foster mama Jen-N is on here, but I'm not sure what her user name would be. I've been on that forum a little over 2 years, and seen too much drama and good people come and go. I was never personally involved in any of it, but even as a spectator it was a bit much.
I absolutely adored the community on the forum though, and silly me I never even thought to see what other pit bull loving forums were around!
Here is Miss Millie pinning me and the baby....
and insisting that my Mom be her friend even tho Mom is not a "big dog" person...

As for the kiddo names, Teagan is an old-fashioned Irish name, and Hurshall was named for my dad. I haven't quite gotten used to calling him that, he's still just 'the baby', or Baby H to me....
howfortunate
Just Whelped

Postby copperlegend » December 26th, 2010, 1:57 pm

Welcome!
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » December 26th, 2010, 9:43 pm

House cow huh? Ever have any extra milk around? I haven't had raw milk in far too long...

Your dog is adorable! Welcome to the forum!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » December 26th, 2010, 9:46 pm

Duh... forgot this:

Oh, and I saw you're in PA, not Rochester, that's what I get for not reading closely! lol

I'm am very jealous of your milk though! :D
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » December 26th, 2010, 10:05 pm

Hee hee...the pic of her leaning on your mom is priceless! Welcome!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 26th, 2010, 11:31 pm

Welcome! :wave:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Return to Introductions