first night of chicken and rice

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby Maryellen » May 11th, 2006, 7:51 pm

tonight i boiled chicken, then ultimate choppered it... added white rice, and wah la... easy food for arturo.. he ate it no problem.. still hasnt pooped since i came home, which is normal. his poop when i came home was the usual, soft serve.. hopefully this will ease his stomach. the vet said if he still has the runs onthe chicken and rice i have to bring another sample in and him as well to try to find out what is up..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Jesseca » May 11th, 2006, 7:53 pm

I hope this works for you. :D
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby Purple » May 11th, 2006, 7:53 pm

I hope it works out for Arturo (and you).
Purple
I live here

Postby Maryellen » May 11th, 2006, 7:58 pm

how long on the chicken and rice should i notice firm poops? a few days maybe?
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Gatsu » May 11th, 2006, 8:02 pm

my dogs its ually the next poop she takes is all firm and "good"(for poop). i would say no more than a day. As i said i see the results a few hours later in my pooch.
------------------

www.jh-training.ca

Jon
Gatsu
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 11th, 2006, 8:07 pm

I feel so bad for both you and Arturo - you for having to deal with the soft serve, and him for actually having it...his poor tummy. Hope the blah meals work for you!
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Maryellen » May 11th, 2006, 9:03 pm

well he pooped. freaking soft serve again... i am wondering if he has guardia or something else... i will give him 3 days on chicken and rice, and then take a sample to the vet.. 3 days should be enough right? i feel bad for him too, he is not gaining any weight again:(
Maryellen
I live here

Postby turtle » May 11th, 2006, 9:40 pm

Aww poor guy and poor you! I'd think if the chicken & rice would firm him up, it should take a couple of days of eating it. It really sucks that you both are going thru all this. Maybe he has coccidia or guardia as suggested?

(and I can't think of "soft serve" ice cream the same way after these threads... :o )
-------------------------------------------------------

I may be slow but I get there - a turtle's motto
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby luvmyangels » May 11th, 2006, 9:47 pm

I hope this will work for him. Poor boy. Good luck.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Maryellen » May 13th, 2006, 6:54 pm

welll, so far he has had solid poop since friday night...... nothing but chicken and rice.. he has snuck into sonnys bowl and got a mouthful of kibble, i grabbed out of his mouth... starting tuesday i will introduce a small amount of kibble at a time, like 5 kibbles to start..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 13th, 2006, 6:59 pm

It's a sad day when you have to grab kibble out of their mouths!!! I'm surprised he still wants it when he's getting meat instead! Either way, I'm very happy that he's had firm poos. *knock on wood*
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Patch O' Pits » May 13th, 2006, 7:17 pm

I'm glad he is starting to feel better. Is your kibble chicken based too? Maybe the kibble you are using is too rich for him?
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Maryellen » May 13th, 2006, 8:16 pm

the kibble was california natural, sometimes its too rich for some dogs.. i bought canidae to wean him on, as thats not as rich as the ca natural.. i wont try that until tuesday night, this way he will be onthe boiled chicken and rice for a full week
Maryellen
I live here

Return to Nutrition & Health