Somedays I just don't know

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby SLS61185 » December 23rd, 2010, 6:59 am

about Patch and his watch/guard dog abilities. I seriously wonder about the boy a lot.

So, now that my husband is back on dayshift, normally when I come home from work, he's already in bed... And along with him Patch is always in there with the door shut... Then when I get home and he hears me, he's usually sitting by the bedroom door whinning (he will not bark unless you ring the doorbell), waiting for me to let him out. Sometimes he doesnt' always hear me but for the most part, does.

Anyways, I came home from work the other night and Mike and Patch were in bed already. Well, when I came in the door, I didn't hear Patchy's collar or him whinning... So I just figured he was by the door but being really quiet... So, about 5 minutes later I was done putting my stuff away and what not, I go in the bedroom to change clothes and there's no Patch by the door. Thought it was odd, but okay, whatever. Then I said his name really quietly and still didn't see him (he sleeps under the covers)... FINALLY I heard his collar but still didn't see him. :|

Well, I got my clothes and was in the bathroom when all of a sudden, he let out the loudest, deepest, i-mean-business bark I've heard out of him... Yet I STILL didn't see him! :| Finally I go and lift the covers up and the little crap is laying on his back, with his feet in the air, looking right at me. He was warm, comfy and couldn't be bothered to get out from the covers to see who was in the house!? Guess he felt the need to let someone know he was still there. Some guard dog he is! :crazy2: :dance:

What's your 'funniest' story like that?
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby pitsnok » December 23rd, 2010, 7:30 am

bahah! I love it! Harlow does the same thing--often! Except she's usually curled up in a tiny little ball, and her bark is all muffled because her nose is plastered to the mattress. I guess she thinks she's pretty freakin' scary!
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 23rd, 2010, 8:11 am

OMG that's awesome! lmao

I have to rely on the cat to let me know if somebody is by my house. She'll growl towards the window and then run and hid, and only then will Inara get up and start barking. Thank god I didn't get her for home defense! The cat is much more reliable!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby copperlegend » December 23rd, 2010, 9:36 am

It took Kia and Nadia at least half an hour to realize there were guys from the phone company messing around in our front yard. Worst. Guard dogs. Ever. At least Kia has a mean sounding bark, Nadia just goes "awooowooo wooo".
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby ArtGypsy » December 23rd, 2010, 9:41 am

OMG!!

I GOT THIS PERFECT IMAGE of that Bebe' !!!! :dance: :D
ADORABLE.
Flippin Adorable.
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby hugapitbull » December 23rd, 2010, 11:11 am

Trouble will lay in bed and woof if she hears something she can't identify. Duke, on the other hand, I will be happy to loan out if anyone needs a barker/protector. The slightest out of the ordinary noise and he launches from wherever he is and runs barking like he will eat you.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby FAB dogs » December 23rd, 2010, 11:35 am

Took a lost report at the animal shelter last week from a frantic pit mama who couldn't find her boy. I took all her information and told her we'd be on the lookout for him. 10 minutes later the same pit mama, now very relieved, called back to tell me she'd found her dog. She had a friend spend the night and the dog was curled up under the covers in the spare bedroom with the friend. :backRoll:

I had a drunk come to my door at midnight one night looking for someone who doesn't live here. My one husky was stretched out on the couch and when the guy was out there knocking and shouting Quinn let out one long, low, "wooooof". Pretty sure it wasn't a "there's a stranger at the door" woof so much as a "you're disturbing my sleep" woof.
Tina
Avery - Southpawz Elf Queen, CGC- Siberian Psycho Terrier
Brogan - Southpawz Mystery Man, CGC - Ephelis Spaniel
Fenway - Southpawz 4 Yawkey Way -Bull Collie
And the crazy cats
FAB dogs
Just Whelped

Postby pitsnok » December 30th, 2010, 6:25 pm

FAB dogs wrote:Took a lost report at the animal shelter last week from a frantic pit mama who couldn't find her boy. I took all her information and told her we'd be on the lookout for him. 10 minutes later the same pit mama, now very relieved, called back to tell me she'd found her dog. She had a friend spend the night and the dog was curled up under the covers in the spare bedroom with the friend. :backRoll:

I had a drunk come to my door at midnight one night looking for someone who doesn't live here. My one husky was stretched out on the couch and when the guy was out there knocking and shouting Quinn let out one long, low, "wooooof". Pretty sure it wasn't a "there's a stranger at the door" woof so much as a "you're disturbing my sleep" woof.

:giggle:
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Off-Topic