New Debate:

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby TheRedQueen » December 21st, 2010, 9:39 pm

If a police officer calls and asks you take in his pit bull mix...BEFORE Christmas, when you have a houseful of dogs already...and then he CRIES over the phone because he's so upset. What do you do?

John...he says, "sure we'll take the dog, Erin won't mind."

:| What would you do? :|
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby mnp13 » December 21st, 2010, 11:50 pm

I would ask why and go from there... but I can almost guarentee that Demo would say no, so it doesn't really matter what I would say.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby BullyLady » December 22nd, 2010, 3:25 am

I would probably say yes, though the dog would probably have to be rather isolated, but only for a limited time while I find somewhere that he can have a real foster home.
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby iluvk9 » December 22nd, 2010, 6:51 am

First, it wouldn't really matter what job the dog owner has...unless of course the dog is also a police officer? But then I doubt he would be given up.

Second, if someone begged me, I would be a sap and try to find another home for the dog, or end up 'temporarily' taking the dog. And we all know that would lead to permanent.

Third, I wouldn't let John answer the phone anymore. :neener:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby FAB dogs » December 22nd, 2010, 8:33 am

As long as the dog is okay with othe animals, I always figure there's room for one more (kinda like Jello?) I've often looked at my living room and thought I could add another crate if I just removed some more furniture. :D Of course crying guys always get to me (way more than crying women).

Is this a permanent take-in or is it just a dogsitting job? If it's dogsitting, then the crying doesn't get to me; I see it as more a manipulation. But if he's in a situation where he needs to rehome the dog, that's a different story.
Tina
Avery - Southpawz Elf Queen, CGC- Siberian Psycho Terrier
Brogan - Southpawz Mystery Man, CGC - Ephelis Spaniel
Fenway - Southpawz 4 Yawkey Way -Bull Collie
And the crazy cats
FAB dogs
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » December 22nd, 2010, 8:49 am

Rehoming the dog...wife will leave him if the dog isn't gone by Xmas (manipulation on the woman's part). But John's a big softie, for all of his grumpiness :nono:...and told the guy that we'd take the dog and find her a good home. At least this one's coming with a big bag of food and some money towards her care.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby SvcDogSawyer » December 22nd, 2010, 10:25 am

I would have said no if she was a biter. They have 7 other dogs that she gets along with, except their pushey boxer bitch that pushes until she gets a reaction. I think the boxer is the wife's dog.

TheRedQueen wrote:But John's a big softie

So I'm a big softie...bite me woman :-P
John & Sawyer

"Damn Walkies"
SvcDogSawyer
Not Patrick's Nipple

Postby Malli » December 22nd, 2010, 2:13 pm

wtf. Why? They have 7 other dogs, and they've had this dog X long and now? :( Who would do that to their husband.
Take her! Take herrrr!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby SvcDogSawyer » December 22nd, 2010, 2:18 pm

Malli wrote:wtf. Why? They have 7 other dogs, and they've had this dog X long and now? :( Who would do that to their husband.
Take her! Take herrrr!

She's coming up tonight....this guys wife really sucks. They also have a 10 yr old daughter that this dog has been sleeping with for the last 2 yrs. The woman is just a bitch.
John & Sawyer

"Damn Walkies"
SvcDogSawyer
Not Patrick's Nipple

Postby TinaMartin » December 22nd, 2010, 2:32 pm

I would say get rid of the witch of a wife!
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » December 22nd, 2010, 5:33 pm

Erin, there is place in Heaven for you. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby LMM » December 22nd, 2010, 5:55 pm

I'd tell him to re-home the wife and still take the dog.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Hoyden » December 22nd, 2010, 6:59 pm

TinaMartin wrote:I would say get rid of the witch of a wife!

LOL! The first thing that popped into my head when I read that the wife was forcing him to get rid of the dog was this, but I called her a bitch.

I'm half tempted to send him a bitch collar for his wife.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby TheRedQueen » December 23rd, 2010, 12:59 am

iluvk9 wrote:Erin, there is place in Heaven for you. :)

With all of the other SUCKERS. :rolleyes2:

TheRedQueen

Postby Malli » December 23rd, 2010, 4:01 am

She will be grateful to you.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pitsnok » December 23rd, 2010, 7:33 am

Hoyden wrote:

:lmao:

If I knew I had resources, and was able to manage another dog, I would have to take it. Gah, with a story like that I would probably even pile it on to this madhouse I have here.

Erin, you and John are great people!

Man, that poor family's Christmas is really going to suck. :sad2:
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby TinaMartin » December 23rd, 2010, 10:25 am

Hoyden wrote:
TinaMartin wrote:I would say get rid of the witch of a wife!

LOL! The first thing that popped into my head when I read that the wife was forcing him to get rid of the dog was this, but I called her a bitch.

I am once again attempting to be polite. :wink: Good lord its hard work! :nono:
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Return to Off-Topic