THE CONFESSION THREAD

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Hoyden » November 18th, 2010, 8:13 pm

iluvk9 wrote:
TheRedQueen wrote:And Joyce...Rip has been getting awful sugary crap treats to take his thyroid meds in the morning...first thing that's worked reliably. I figure if he's gotten to 13 with only minor issues, this isn't gonna kill him! lol

8) My Vet laughs when I tell him I have to sneak the crappy dog food to the check out line. And he said the same thing..."some people feed Mighty Dog and their dogs live to 15."

The only way Birdie will cooperate with a nail trimming is if I give her milkway candy bars. It is the only way that she will sit, give me a paw and let me clip a nail without a struggle, needing to restrain her or paying someone else to do it. Seriously.

I divide the small bite sized square ones into 4 pieces, she gets one piece per nail. I've tried just about everything, bacon, bologna, cheese, hot dogs, roast beast, steak and even ice cream. She'll only cooperate for a bite of milkway candy bar.

Nuts, I tell you, nuts.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Hoyden » November 18th, 2010, 8:26 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:I'll go one further, Grace...I'd rather have the dogs in the car with me all day...then have John in the car with me all day. I mean, Inara whines a little bit...but it's nothing compared to John. lol

I think we all know where you're coming from...and I'm guessing John won't be upset if he reads this...heck, he'd probably rather have me around all day, but gagged so I could help him with stuff but not talk. ;)

And Joyce...Rip has been getting awful sugary crap treats to take his thyroid meds in the morning...first thing that's worked reliably. I figure if he's gotten to 13 with only minor issues, this isn't gonna kill him! lol

I'm with you on that one. I would rather shop & run errands with the dog than anyone else in my household.

The dog doesn't bitch if I take too long in the fabric store (although she will start pushing the cart towards the cutting table), she doesn't ask for half the store or whine & pout when I say no (husband & children are both guilty), she doesn't put on theatrical displays claiming she is starving to death (husband & children, yet again) or pout when I ask her to help me reach something.

Don't even get me started about taking them with me for doctor's appointments. I would have rather electrocuted myself than take Mark with me when I went for radiation. At the end of the treatment when I couldn't safely drive myself, I had my friend drop me off & pick me up or took a cab. Comforting soothing dog who brought water and snuggled me in recovery or cranky man. Uh, I'll take the dog.

And they all wonder why I'll happily stop for pretzel bites or ice cream with the dog, but not when I am shopping or running errands with them. :dance: :dance:
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby TheRedQueen » November 18th, 2010, 8:33 pm

iluvk9 wrote:
TheRedQueen wrote:And Joyce...Rip has been getting awful sugary crap treats to take his thyroid meds in the morning...first thing that's worked reliably. I figure if he's gotten to 13 with only minor issues, this isn't gonna kill him! lol

8) My Vet laughs when I tell him I have to sneak the crappy dog food to the check out line. And he said the same thing..."some people feed Mighty Dog and their dogs live to 15."

I'm always afraid that one of my clients will see me buying crappy dog treats that I always rail against when I'm talking to them... :dance:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby iluvk9 » December 19th, 2010, 10:02 am

I just saw a great movie. Never saw it before....it is called "Titanic". Apparently it was quite famous? I did know the song. :giggle:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby iluvk9 » December 19th, 2010, 10:21 am

I forgot I had to confess this from the other night.... :wink:

I was at Petsmart and some guy was getting his puppy trained. I am guessing they were teaching her to "COME" when called, because he was at one end of the store, screaming her name and the "trainer" would then let her go and she was suppose to find him. I think, at least....it seemed dumb to me, but whatever...

So, I was kneeling down looking at something and puppy goes scooting by, rather distracted, and really just checking out the store and all the delightful smells. So, I called her name (in my syrupy voice) and she came over to me. 8) I can hear the guy screaming his lungs out for her, but I was squeezing the stuffings out of her, so she didn't want to leave me. :dance:

Then I hear the "trainer" yelling to the owner, "I can't find her, but she's somewhere in the store, don't worry!!!" At that point, "trainer" steps into my aisle and I just say, "Oh, look. Here she is." :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby hugapitbull » December 19th, 2010, 11:22 am

Oh, Joyce, that is too funny! MEAN, but funny!
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby TheRedQueen » December 19th, 2010, 12:40 pm

I love you Joyce. :heartbeat:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby iluvk9 » December 19th, 2010, 1:19 pm

Well, honestly...not from a trainers point of view, but what puppy-in-training can resist stopping to sniff stuff in a gigantic store? :doh: Harleybird would have found and ignored everything else, but like I have said, he would follow me into hell if he knew I was there. Not because of training but because we are in love. :wink:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitsnok » December 19th, 2010, 10:26 pm

I got in way over my head when we brought Boss and Ollie home. I almost wish we hadn't. :cry:

Ollie is great. I am just really struggling with what to do about Boss. I know it's not an option, but I just wish I could give him to someone qualified to make all the important decisions.
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby TheRedQueen » December 20th, 2010, 12:03 am

If you can wait till after the new year, and you can get him to MD...I'll foster and evaluate him for you. :hug3:

TheRedQueen

Postby Hoyden » December 20th, 2010, 2:36 am

I am living in my Pj's. I haven gotten dressed more than twice this past week. One to do therapy visits at the nursing home, the other to go to a TranSiberian Orchestra concert.

I've been working on collars like a mad woman.

Mark's best friend laughed his butt off when he saw the fabric in the stack. Merry Christmas was sitting on top of Bitch! bitch! BITCH!!!.

I'm half temped to make a Merry Christmas Bitch collar.

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby hugapitbull » December 20th, 2010, 6:28 am

Hoyden wrote:I'm half temped to make a Merry Christmas Bitch collar.

Now that would be a hoot!
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby iluvk9 » December 20th, 2010, 6:42 am

TheRedQueen wrote:If you can wait till after the new year, and you can get him to MD...I'll foster and evaluate him for you. :hug3:

Brittany, this is a great offer; probably once in a lifetime. Can you arrange transport somehow?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » December 20th, 2010, 11:03 am

hugapitbull wrote:
Hoyden wrote:I'm half temped to make a Merry Christmas Bitch collar.

Now that would be a hoot!

Ruby wants that one! lol
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitsnok » December 20th, 2010, 4:48 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:If you can wait till after the new year, and you can get him to MD...I'll foster and evaluate him for you. :hug3:

Really?!
I would honestly feel so terrible, I would HATE to pawn my problems off to someone who has enough going on already. And I don't want to inconvenience you because I keep crying about it on the forum, haha.

But if you REALLY mean it... :|
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mnp13 » December 20th, 2010, 5:48 pm

pitsnok wrote:

Really?!
I would honestly feel so terrible, I would HATE to pawn my problems off to someone who has enough going on already. And I don't want to inconvenience you because I keep crying about it on the forum, haha.

She wouldn't say it if she didn't mean it. :wink: That's not how Erin operates... don't expect a bleeding heart though, she's got her crap in order. (and yes, that is a compliment.)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » December 20th, 2010, 11:23 pm

mnp13 wrote:
pitsnok wrote:

Really?!

She wouldn't say it if she didn't mean it. :wink: That's not how Erin operates... don't expect a bleeding heart though, she's got her crap in order. (and yes, that is a compliment.)

8) Yes, I do mean it...but as Michelle said...I'm no ArtGypsy (said with love...:heartbeat:)

TheRedQueen

Postby ArtGypsy » December 21st, 2010, 12:57 am

I LOVE YOU PEOPLE................
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby TheRedQueen » December 21st, 2010, 8:17 am

ArtGypsy wrote:

I LOVE YOU PEOPLE................

Even though I take your name in vain? :giggle:

TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » December 21st, 2010, 9:57 am

TheRedQueen wrote:Even though I take your name in vain? :giggle:

lmao
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic