Need Doggie Door Help

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby iluvk9 » December 3rd, 2010, 9:24 pm

Jenn wrote:Doesn't it have one of those plastic slide deals that you can pull in and out?

It seems to be a heavy-duty plastic that just flops down. You can connect your door to the door frame of the doggie door but that makes it more permanent. It isn't installed in a wall, it becomes part of the sliding glass door.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Hundilein » December 3rd, 2010, 9:30 pm

It should have a hard plastic piece that is separate that slides over the plastic flap to close it. At least, that's they way my friend's works.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby SLS61185 » December 4th, 2010, 2:28 am

Ours has a seperate plastic piece that slides back in the frame of it. But, the difference is, our isn't a sliding glass door - it's just a screen door with the doggy door in it already. We do have a main door that we just leave open when he wants to go in and out, otherwise we leave it closed... Plus he is in his crate while we're not home, so we don't have the problem of him using it when we're not here.

Joyce have you tried Lowes? We got ours there. With the door and installation it was a little over $300 I think?
(And it's Stacie) :wink:
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby iluvk9 » December 4th, 2010, 9:29 am

Hundilein wrote:It should have a hard plastic piece that is separate that slides over the plastic flap to close it. At least, that's they way my friend's works.

I will go look again at the website, but I didn't see that as part of it. :sad2:

SLS61185 wrote:(And it's Stacie) :wink:

Sorry for the spelling! You can call me Joycie...only a few people are allowed to. :wave2:

The one I found on line is only $212.00 and my son would install it. No tax, no shipping fee.

This is the one I found, in extra large; http://www.theuncommondog.com/Pet-Safe- ... el-81.aspx

If any one sees where it has a special lock on the flap or that hard plastic piece, please tell me and I will let you call me Joycie.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby airwalk » December 4th, 2010, 12:03 pm

hey Joycie at the risk of you repeating history and losing another pair of panties...have you looked at your local Home Depot store? That's where I got mine and all of my crew fit through. I got it for Charlie and Bear..and Bear was nearly Truman's size.
airwalk
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » December 4th, 2010, 12:06 pm

airwalk wrote:hey Joycie at the risk of you repeating history and losing another pair of panties...have you looked at your local Home Depot store? That's where I got mine and all of my crew fit through. I got it for Charlie and Bear..and Bear was nearly Truman's size.

8) Well, I haven't been BANNED from Home Depot, so I will go look there and at Lowe's. :) Maybe if I read the box, and saw the parts, I could figure out if the door can be made to stay shut.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 4th, 2010, 1:44 pm

airwalk wrote:hey Joycie at the risk of you repeating history and losing another pair of panties..

lmao
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » December 4th, 2010, 4:33 pm

:neener: Went to Home Depot. No incidents. :wink:

Their door has the hard plastic insert you are all mentioning. I will call the place I want to get it from to make sure it comes with the same door piece.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Tubular Toby » December 4th, 2010, 7:42 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:
airwalk wrote:hey Joycie at the risk of you repeating history and losing another pair of panties..

lmao

*is really curious*
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby madremissy » December 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm

Tubular Toby wrote:
pitbullmamaliz wrote:

lmao

*is really curious*

It is a VERY interesting story. Go ahead Joyce, fill her in. :wink:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby airwalk » December 4th, 2010, 9:59 pm

Tubular Toby wrote:
pitbullmamaliz wrote:

lmao

*is really curious*

Yeah Joycie..it's been a while, tell the story again :wink:
airwalk
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » December 4th, 2010, 10:07 pm

If you do a search on Home Depot w/ my iluvk9 you will find many references to the incident. :dance:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10530&hilit=Home+Depot
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Hundilein » December 5th, 2010, 8:38 am

The installation video on the page you posted shows the hard plastic piece that you can cover the door with.
Sarah and Renee - aka wild child
Hundilein
Loyally Bully

Postby iluvk9 » December 5th, 2010, 8:40 am

Hundilein wrote:The installation video on the page you posted shows the hard plastic piece that you can cover the door with.

:doh: I didn't see that. I must have been fast forwarding to just see how it was installed.

THANK YOU!!!!

As it says in the last minute; "A patio panel comes with your door for inclement weather....." 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby iluvk9 » December 5th, 2010, 9:08 am

Ordered! :) I will certainly take video of all of their first attempts at using it.

My guess is Darlene and Harl will be fine. Lenny will either want to use it or refuse. (Although he uses the one at the kennel.) And Truman....well...that is going to be interesting.

Thanks, everyone. :wave2: It is a big purchase and I needed input.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » December 5th, 2010, 9:30 am

I bet Truman will sleep draped through it, half of him on one side, half on the other, just snoozing away!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby CinderDee » December 7th, 2010, 5:26 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I bet Truman will sleep draped through it, half of him on one side, half on the other, just snoozing away!

lmao
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » December 10th, 2010, 7:05 pm

Door is here and my friend just installed it. :wave2: I haven't let them use it yet because it is dark and I KNOW we all want to see Truman attempt it. :giggle:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Pit♥bull » December 10th, 2010, 7:08 pm

Video Video Video
:popcorn:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby Malli » December 10th, 2010, 10:56 pm

Pit♥Bull wrote:Video Video Video
:popcorn:

:)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic