Lady Louise: My Foster

Postby SisMorphine » January 23rd, 2006, 10:10 pm

Well here is my foster pup, Lady Louise, that I foster through PittieLove/Baypath Humane Society in MA.
http://www.pbrc.net/dogpages/east/pittielove6291.html

She is an 18 month old girl found roaming the streets of Medford. She was very thin and went through a horrible spay experience which left her in the hospital for days with a drain in, and she is still suffering the effects with spay incontinence and a droopy skin sack where the incision site is. But her spay incontinence has been slowly subsiding and she is feeling FANTASTIC! I hope to start her on obedience and housebreaking soon, but figured I would give her a break until the spay incontinence is gone.

She is a love bug who has been good with the dogs she's met, loves kids, and is absolutely terrified of my rabbit. I don't think I've ever seen a dog hit the deck as fast as she did the first time she came running around the corner into my office where the rabbit lives. LOL!!

So here are some pictures of her and her friend Kona, who is my roommate's foster dog through RRUFF.
The day I brought her home:
A little over a week later she already has more weight on her

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby luvmyangels » January 23rd, 2006, 10:20 pm

She is really pretty!! Best of luck with your work with her.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Judy » January 23rd, 2006, 10:24 pm

She is such a beauty!!
Judy
Loyally Bully

Postby Maryellen » January 23rd, 2006, 10:32 pm

she is beautiful!! how is noreen? i do home checks for her in Jersey when she has adopters out here ..so i guess you could say i am a nj volunteer when she needs me..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Purple » January 23rd, 2006, 10:35 pm

Small, world, eh, ME?!

Lady Louise looks great, even just after the one week. Keep up the great work.....how's the living arrangements going?
Purple
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » January 23rd, 2006, 10:36 pm

Maryellen wrote:she is beautiful!! how is noreen? i do home checks for her in Jersey when she has adopters out here ..so i guess you could say i am a nj volunteer when she needs me..

Very cool! She's good. Busy right now as right after we pulled Lady L she got a call to pull and place 3 pups in foster homes. But she loves what she does, that's for sure!!

This is my second foster through her. The first one, Piglet the Pocket Pit, was gone in less than a week!!!
Here she was with my dog, Wally.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby SisMorphine » January 23rd, 2006, 10:39 pm

Purple wrote:Small, world, eh, ME?!

Lady Louise looks great, even just after the one week. Keep up the great work.....how's the living arrangements going?

Still rough at the moment. Now that she's starting to feel better, she's getting a lot more energetic, and Wally has absolutely no tolerance for her energetic outbursts!!
I'm glad I have Kona in the kennel to keep her tired out. She's still having the incontinence issues, and as soon as that's gone she'll get the introduction to the rest of the house very slowly as being in a house definately freaks her out a bit. Everything is coming slowly but surely with this little girl. But I know by the end of it she'll be perfection.

She starts obedience classes on Feb 9th. I can't wait!
SisMorphine

Postby CinderDee » January 23rd, 2006, 11:48 pm

She's beautiful! :love:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » January 23rd, 2006, 11:57 pm

Yeah, what cinderdee said! :D

:heartbeat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat:
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby SisMorphine » January 24th, 2006, 12:46 am

I think she's beautiful too. Her color is very cool. In those shots she simply looks red, but when you meet her in person it is more of a red chocolate and her "white points" are actually cream colored. She's just so darn pretty. And you'd better believe that she knows it too!!!
SisMorphine

Postby Emi » January 24th, 2006, 5:05 am

:love:
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Jesseca » January 31st, 2006, 7:53 pm

She is beautiful. So is your Rottie :loveU:
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Return to Rescue