Now I've heard it all.....

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Hoyden » December 3rd, 2010, 11:08 am

I just got off the phone with a woman who was PISSED that I dared to put WEBBING in the collar that I made for her dog, a 55lb lab, terrier crossed with stupid mix!!! (Her description of the dog breed, not mine.) :eye-popping: :eye-popping: :eye-popping:

She thought the collar was too stiff, so she took it apart & found that it had webbing in it. :confused:

Yep. She wanted a "soft" dog collar, not a stiff or heavy one since she always walks him on the harness and the collar is for tags only so she doesn't get a ticket for no tags.

I used a medium weight webbing wrapped in cuddle soft cotton flannel with was lined with interfacing for additional durability, then put the fabric she chose on top. All fabric was pre-washed and dried in the dryer.

This same webbing I use on my parent's 14lb. schipperke without issue.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby iluvk9 » December 3rd, 2010, 12:58 pm

I hope after she "took it apart" she was able to "put it back together". :giggle:

And speaking of sewing, I just got charged FORTY DOLLARS for having a zipper put into my winter coat. :shock: The coat only cost me $29 on sale, two years ago! Not even a fancy-schmancy coat. Just a comfy one.

Maybe you should do seamstress work, Noel. You will be a millionaire. :dance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Hoyden » December 3rd, 2010, 1:09 pm

iluvk9 wrote:I hope after she "took it apart" she was able to "put it back together". :giggle:

And speaking of sewing, I just got charged FORTY DOLLARS for having a zipper put into my winter coat. :shock: The coat only cost me $29 on sale, two years ago! Not even a fancy-schmancy coat. Just a comfy one.

Some zippers are expensive and a PITA to install, that is why they cost so much to do.

Personally - I hate sewing zippers. I'd rather make a whole new item without a zipper than to install one.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby airwalk » December 3rd, 2010, 3:43 pm

Hoyden wrote:
iluvk9 wrote:I hope after she "took it apart" she was able to "put it back together". :giggle:

Some zippers are expensive and a PITA to install, that is why they cost so much to do.

Personally - I hate sewing zippers. I'd rather make a whole new item without a zipper than to install one.

true dat!
airwalk
I live here

Return to Off-Topic