Family & Pet Holiday Expo

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby DogsRPeople » December 2nd, 2010, 11:27 pm

Hey,

Anyone going to the Pet Expo on Saturday 12/4/2010?

Shorty from PitBoss is gonna be there!

Proceeds are going to LollyPop, which is where my two sweety's came from.

Robert

PS. More Info: http://petpalooza.com/
DogsRPeople
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » December 2nd, 2010, 11:35 pm

Is this the one where SPBR had a dog try to kill someone's Yorkie two years ago?

Nope, not planning to be there. All the idiots with their dogs wandering around behind them make me want to scream... and lecture.

And the thought of the number of Pit Bulls who will be there because of him, who have no business being there... well... that makes my skin crawl.

HOWEVER, if you are of stronger mettle than I, and are going, please bring some forum business cards and give him one! :-)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby copperlegend » December 3rd, 2010, 10:08 am

My first thought was "yay, Shorty!" which quickly turned to "oh great, the idiots will be out in force for SURE."

I'm going to check it out anyway, and help out at the PLR table.
Joanna
Proud 'failed foster'
Nadia -APBT mix
CarreraKitty - feline extraordinaire
copperlegend
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby LMM » December 3rd, 2010, 2:57 pm

Interesting you bring that up Michelle. Guess who will be allowed to be there tomorrow?
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby mnp13 » December 3rd, 2010, 7:14 pm

LMM wrote:Interesting you bring that up Michelle. Guess who will be allowed to be there tomorrow?

Are you KIDDING??

Do you have a table? Can I drop off some forum business cards?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby DogsRPeople » December 3rd, 2010, 11:45 pm

Hey,

mnp13 wrote:Is this the one where SPBR had a dog try to kill someone's Yorkie two years ago?

Nope, not planning to be there. All the idiots with their dogs wandering around behind them make me want to scream... and lecture.

And the thought of the number of Pit Bulls who will be there because of him, who have no business being there... well... that makes my skin crawl.

HOWEVER, if you are of stronger mettle than I, and are going, please bring some forum business cards and give him one! :-)

Well.... Um

I've never been to one, so we were planning on leaving our girls at home. I did watch the short video from 2009. Sounded noisy, and I saw some people with various breeds. I heard there has been dog fights, but not dog fighting ending in death! >(

Theres a guy at work that has a table. I guess hes involved some type of Labrador rescue/foster group.
So, my wife tells me.

I just wanted to go in support of lollypop. I also admire anyone who rescues Bully Breeds.

Guess this will be a learning experience.

Robert
DogsRPeople
Just Whelped

Postby furever_pit » December 4th, 2010, 12:00 am

I think it's a good call to leave your two at home.
Whenever I head out to some new event I leave the dogs in the truck until I have checked it out first.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Postby LMM » December 4th, 2010, 9:22 am

mnp13 wrote:
LMM wrote:Interesting you bring that up Michelle. Guess who will be allowed to be there tomorrow?

Are you KIDDING??

Do you have a table? Can I drop off some forum business cards?

I really wish I were kidding. They are situated directly across from us with both of us right next to Shorty. It won't be so bad if that epic douchebag Eric doesn't show up. Please do stop by with cards!

Robert make sure to stop by Pitty Love's table if you go!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby mnp13 » December 4th, 2010, 6:20 pm

Crap... only just saw this.

How did it go?
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » December 4th, 2010, 6:25 pm

DogsRPeople wrote:I've never been to one, so we were planning on leaving our girls at home. I did watch the short video from 2009. Sounded noisy, and I saw some people with various breeds. I heard there has been dog fights, but not dog fighting ending in death!

Well, the end result was death for the Pit Bull... but the Yorkie (or whatever it was) came through ok.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby DogsRPeople » December 5th, 2010, 12:14 am

Hey all,

Well it was fun. There were A LOT of Pitties there, as well as other breeds. I saw the cutest little tan colored Chow Chow 13 weeks old, that was being fostered. What a job that must be grooming. lol

We did stop by Pitty Loves table but got distracted. I met Shorty briefly. we bought a couple shirts, and a hat from his table in support of his charities. I went up in between the HUGE line of photo seekers, and asked him if he could sign our shirts. He quickly took them and signed them. As he was ssigning, I looked at him and said, "by the way thats a nice hat your wearing." He said, "yeah thanks and looked up then down, then up again, because he saw I was wearing one of his hats. He said, "thats Cool."

I wanted to do so much more. It makes my Heart Heavy, when I see all the dogs in need of adoption. It helps knowing that many are at least being fostered.

We stopped at the Smilin Pitbull Rescue across the way, and we were sharing "ignorant people" stories, when one of those very people walked up next to my wife, looked at the table and said, "Oh, Pitbulls! I don't want anything to do with them!" My wife wanted to say some things but refrained. :rant:

After seeing the other Dogs, I think Lily would've been ok, but definitely not Sandy, but in the end I felt more comfortable knowing they were home safe.

We got jumped from all the smells we were wearing! lmao

Robert
DogsRPeople
Just Whelped

Return to Pit Bull Talk