Trouble's Diagnosis

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby plebayo » October 5th, 2010, 1:15 am

How's Trouble doing? Did I miss a picture thread? :p
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
User avatar
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare
 
Posts: 941
Location: Oregon

Postby hugapitbull » October 5th, 2010, 1:09 pm

Trouble is doing extrememly well for an old lady. We are fighting allergies right now, but so are all the humans in SE TX, She is back on prednisone and hopefully this will take her out of the seasonal allergy symptoms. Needless to say, she's hungry, cranky, thirsty, and needs to pee every 2 minutes - but for an old broad, she's maintaining well.

Her last blood work was done while we were in New Orleans, and came back perfect. I know she feels better and gets about better when she gets minimal doses of Rimadyl, and I think once we are past the prednisone, I will put her on a low dose maintenance of Rimadyl. At her age, how much can it hurt, and I know it will make her more comfortable.

No one missed the pictures. We have been negligent in getting any. My resident photographer is an outside picture kind of guy, 'cause our cameras (both of them) take crappy indoor shots. I got a couple with the cell phone, but they aren't worth posting. :nono:

She made 22 months the end of September, we are very blessed she has beaten all the statistics. In my sleep deprived state (cause by the prednisone), it's sometimes hard to remember how blessed we are at 2AM when she wakes me up for a snack!

Thank you for asking about our princess.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
User avatar
hugapitbull
The Better Half
 
Posts: 1570
Location: My heart lives at Rainbow Bridge

Postby Jenn » October 5th, 2010, 2:58 pm

hugapitbull wrote:Her last blood work was done while we were in New Orleans, and came back perfect.

:clap: Yay!! Give her some good loving from me!! (I really hope to see ya'll soon, hopefully things will calm down and we can get together)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
User avatar
Jenn
undecided
 
Posts: 11382
Location: TX

Postby madremissy » October 5th, 2010, 9:25 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wonderful update!!!!
User avatar
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.
 
Posts: 3786
Location: meansville, ga

Postby plebayo » October 5th, 2010, 9:47 pm

hugapitbull wrote:Trouble is doing extrememly well for an old lady. We are fighting allergies right now, but so are all the humans in SE TX, She is back on prednisone and hopefully this will take her out of the seasonal allergy symptoms. Needless to say, she's hungry, cranky, thirsty, and needs to pee every 2 minutes - but for an old broad, she's maintaining well.

Her last blood work was done while we were in New Orleans, and came back perfect. I know she feels better and gets about better when she gets minimal doses of Rimadyl, and I think once we are past the prednisone, I will put her on a low dose maintenance of Rimadyl. At her age, how much can it hurt, and I know it will make her more comfortable.

No one missed the pictures. We have been negligent in getting any. My resident photographer is an outside picture kind of guy, 'cause our cameras (both of them) take crappy indoor shots. I got a couple with the cell phone, but they aren't worth posting. :nono:

She made 22 months the end of September, we are very blessed she has beaten all the statistics. In my sleep deprived state (cause by the prednisone), it's sometimes hard to remember how blessed we are at 2AM when she wakes me up for a snack!

Thank you for asking about our princess.



I want some pictures dangit! 22mos, that's wonderful! Great update :D
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
User avatar
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare
 
Posts: 941
Location: Oregon

Postby BullyLady » October 5th, 2010, 11:49 pm

hugapitbull wrote: In my sleep deprived state (cause by the prednisone), it's sometimes hard to remember how blessed we are at 2AM when she wakes me up for a snack!


I wanna come back as a dog at your house. :smileUp:

Fantastic update!!
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
User avatar
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd
 
Posts: 1060
Location: E Washington State

Postby iluvk9 » October 5th, 2010, 11:55 pm

:) We needed some good news on PBT.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!
 
Posts: 14900
Location: New York

Postby hugapitbull » October 6th, 2010, 7:51 am

Jenn wrote: (I really hope to see ya'll soon, hopefully things will calm down and we can get together)


That would be fun, Jenn. I know it is hard to keep in touch, everyone has so much going on in their lives. We could settle for a phone call now and then - I do most of mine traveling down IH-10. I'll put you on my list. :oops: We could try coffee at the new Denny's at Flying J.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
User avatar
hugapitbull
The Better Half
 
Posts: 1570
Location: My heart lives at Rainbow Bridge

Postby Jenn » October 8th, 2010, 3:22 pm

Funny Shanna, I do most of mine traveling as well!! lol Coffee sounds good, though I may have to eat too.. ;) Hopefully things will be calmer for me in the next few weeks, cause I'm about wore out!!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
User avatar
Jenn
undecided
 
Posts: 11382
Location: TX

Postby hugapitbull » November 26th, 2010, 10:23 am

Image

Cancer Free - 2Years Today

On this amazing 2 year ampuversary and Thanksgiving week, as we celebrate being two years cancer free, I feel the need to talk about all the things we are thankful for. This journey has taught me to recognize and acknowledge even the small blessings in my life.

Some of the things we are forever thankful for
- Dr Dena, who made the original diagnosis. Had it not been for a quick and accurate diagnosis we may not be celebrating today.

- Dr F, Trouble's second opinion doctor, who would be her surgeon, would administer her chemo, and faithfully watch over her needs. We are immensely thankful for your gentle care and steady support and guidance.

- Our special forum friends who stood with us in this fight. Pit Bull Talk and Tripawds have been awesome forces in our lives as we faced this journey.

- Our friends and family, some who may have been skeptical when this all started, but stood beside us because it was important to us.

In an effort to keep this a reasonable length, I won't try to address everyone individually. Suffice it to say if you are reading this, you are one of the wonderful persons who helped us make it to this day. You touched us in some way. You gave us support or guidance. You shared your experiences. You calmed our fears. You taught us to live in the day We are blessed to have you in our lives and on this journey with us.

Trouble is doing as well as can be expected of a 12 year old, arthritic, three legged, incredibly spoiled dog. She's a little grouchier than she was in years past, not quite as spry as she once was, she has some bad days along with the good, she takes supplements and medication for the arthritis, but overall she is good and we are thankful.

Shanna, Bob, Trouble & Duke
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
User avatar
hugapitbull
The Better Half
 
Posts: 1570
Location: My heart lives at Rainbow Bridge

Postby Pit♥bull » November 26th, 2010, 10:39 am

hugapitbull wrote:if you are reading this, you are one of the wonderful persons who helped us make it to this day. You touched us in some way. You gave us support or guidance. You shared your experiences. You calmed our fears. You taught us to live in the day We are blessed to have you in our lives and on this journey with us.
+1000 :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully
 
Posts: 1207

Postby Jenn » November 26th, 2010, 12:24 pm

Congrats, and way to go Trouble!! :hug3:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
User avatar
Jenn
undecided
 
Posts: 11382
Location: TX

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » November 26th, 2010, 7:33 pm

Wooooot for Troubs!!!
User avatar
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully
 
Posts: 845
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 26th, 2010, 7:53 pm

:D
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
User avatar
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing
 
Posts: 15437
Location: Cleveland, OH

Postby Ino » November 26th, 2010, 8:50 pm

She is such inspiration!! Happy anniversary to your beautiful girl!! :D
User avatar
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully
 
Posts: 268

Postby plebayo » November 27th, 2010, 3:11 am

:hug3:

YAY Trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To anyone facing this horrible battle I will always share Trouble's story, it is full of hope and inspiration.

I am so glad to hear a good update on this section of our forum :)
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
User avatar
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare
 
Posts: 941
Location: Oregon

Postby TheRedQueen » November 27th, 2010, 10:11 am

:confetti:

I certainly hope she got a nice treat to celebrate!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
User avatar
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.
 
Posts: 7184
Location: Maryland

Postby CinderDee » November 27th, 2010, 2:10 pm

WTG Trouble!!! I'm SO proud of you & your parents! Keep it up! :confetti:
Dee
User avatar
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer
 
Posts: 3414
Location: Forever in my heart...

Postby Suzi » November 28th, 2010, 7:13 am

WOOT-WOOT!!!!! :D
Suzi
Snot Nose Bully Pup
 
Posts: 128

Postby madremissy » November 28th, 2010, 12:11 pm

Way to fight Trouble. You have overcame many obstacles and fought very hard. I think she deserves to be spoiled just a little Shanna. :wink:
User avatar
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.
 
Posts: 3786
Location: meansville, ga

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron