Nibbles the pug

Postby TheRedQueen » November 24th, 2010, 10:31 pm

Jenn (Fenella) made a valiant effort today to save a little pug's life...we had it all set up to get him to rescue today, but he didn't make it that far even. He died in the car during the drive today. :(

RIP little Nibbles.

Jenn...thanks for all you did for him. :hug3:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 24th, 2010, 10:34 pm

How sad...thank you for trying to save the poor little guy.

RIP Nibbles... :(
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby hugapitbull » November 24th, 2010, 10:39 pm

So sad. You guys do great work. I'm sorry it didn't work out for Nibbles. That has to be disheartening.

RIP sweet Nibbles. Run free at Rainbow Bridge.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby madremissy » November 24th, 2010, 10:40 pm

I am so sorry. RIP Nibbles
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby mnp13 » November 25th, 2010, 12:16 am

Oh crap... what was wrong with him? I'm sorry that you lost him, but thank you both for trying...
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Malli » November 25th, 2010, 4:47 am

:( Thank you for trying for him.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » November 25th, 2010, 7:23 am

:( Oh, how sad.
Good bye, Nibbles.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » November 25th, 2010, 10:27 pm

We don't know what happened...and we're not doing a necropsy. :|

Jenn first thought maybe he broke his back (he was unable to walk, etc)...but now we're wondering if he got into poison...since he went so quickly. Jenn said that the little guy was running around the neighborhood loose all of the time.

Sad...all around. :(
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby Ino » November 26th, 2010, 10:02 pm

Sorry for your loss- you did what you could. I know I have a great appreciation for what you do. RIP Nibbles.
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby daisymaysmom » December 14th, 2010, 12:22 am

so sad
daisymaysmom
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » December 14th, 2010, 12:33 am

and now the family wants to get the kids a chow puppy for Christmas...ARGH. It'll be fine, because it'll be a puppy and they can raise it to be nice.

TheRedQueen

Postby Malli » December 14th, 2010, 3:58 am

like a chow is likely to be nicer then a Pug? :| wtf.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby LMM » December 14th, 2010, 10:20 am

RIP Nibbles :(
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby TinaMartin » December 15th, 2010, 10:20 am

Chows belong in the hands of dog smart people. They are wonderful dogs with the right owner but can be a nightmare with people who dont know what they are doing. I hope it turns out well. RIP Nibbles.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby BigDogBuford » December 15th, 2010, 12:15 pm

In my experience Chows can be great 'one person' dogs.....not really great family dogs although I've known a couple that were good with kids.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby PetieMarie22 » December 15th, 2010, 12:35 pm

Uh, that sucks! Thanks for trying though Erin and Jenn. RIP poor little guy.
Kathleen (and George)
Petie Marie - spoiled rotten Pit Bull Terrier
Sunshine Honeysuckle Smith - DSH cat that lives under the couch
Sasha Marie - Bombay Mix = DIVA
PetieMarie22
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby TinaMartin » December 15th, 2010, 1:47 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:In my experience Chows can be great 'one person' dogs.....not really great family dogs although I've known a couple that were good with kids.

Exactly. They are very stoic and reserved. In most cases it is "beneath" them to act like a puppy or get goofy. Phoenix was a rare loved kids dog but most dont like the noise or craziness.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Malli » December 15th, 2010, 2:30 pm

I wasn't "chow bashing" :| All dog breeds can be "good" dogs with good owners.

But I would find it more likely to find a nice Pug then a nice chow, and Pug owners are rarely the "training type" that would make a good dog.

that was pretty much my meaning.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby BigDogBuford » December 15th, 2010, 3:10 pm

Malli wrote:I wasn't "chow bashing" :| All dog breeds can be "good" dogs with good owners.

But I would find it more likely to find a nice Pug then a nice chow, and Pug owners are rarely the "training type" that would make a good dog.

Yes, I was agreeing with you. :| Frankly some Chows scare the living crap out of me.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby TinaMartin » December 15th, 2010, 3:56 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:
Malli wrote:I wasn't "chow bashing" :| All dog breeds can be "good" dogs with good owners.

Yes, I was agreeing with you. :| Frankly some Chows scare the living crap out of me.

IMO they are the type of dog that takes an owner with a specific mind set. I personally adore Chows. If I could have one without all of the hair issues I would probably own several. The problem arises when they go to a home where the people cant maintain a strong minded dog. As with any breed most of what people hear or remember is the negative.
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Next

Return to Our Departed Friends