Newb on deck!

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Yrdenal » November 23rd, 2010, 1:45 pm

Hi! My name is Hope, and I live in Wichita Falls, TX. I just got my first pit bull this weekend- her name is Sway, she is an 8 month old brindle and she is a rescue dog. She is the sweetest thing! My husband and I adopted her from her original rescuer when he moved to an apartment that could not accept dogs. We are moving to a house with a yard this weekend, and got her because she needed a place. Pits are not well liked in our area because of a few attacks by some dogs a few years ago. Only one of the dogs involved was a pit bull, but that stuck in the local memory and now there is a stigmata attached to the breed. I love Sway so much! So does my husband, Justin. She is our first kid- we just got married in October. lol. I have lots of questions about this breed, since it is my first time owning a dog like this, so I am very glad to have found this board. Thanks so much!
Yrdenal
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » November 23rd, 2010, 5:01 pm

Welcome to the forum :wave2: While you wait for admin/mods to approve your intro, browse the other sections of the forum for some information that you might need. After you are approved, you can ask specific things. :)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Ino » November 23rd, 2010, 6:28 pm

Hello and welcome :wave2: !! So, we do love to see pics of the newby's pups on here!! Looking forward to seeing pics of Sway (I do love brindle pups- but I have a big brindle reason for that bias :D ).
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 23rd, 2010, 6:31 pm

"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » November 23rd, 2010, 10:29 pm

Hi and welcome! I love her name...Sway...very cute!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Yrdenal » November 23rd, 2010, 11:24 pm

Thank you so much!
Yrdenal
Just Whelped

Postby ArtGypsy » November 24th, 2010, 1:06 am

:D :D :D :D :D SWAY!
I-LOVE-IT!!

Welcome to PBT.. :wave2:

...When I arrived two years ago TOMORROW...(ahem, you guys...it's my anniversary!!))
I knew I'd found the right place to help me with all the questions, concerns and joys of pit bulls!!
I had just adopted Dar (D'Artagon'), who was 10 weeks old, From the Humane Society, and found PBT had a wealth of folks who helped us through all stages, fears and triumphs of puppy-hood and Beyond!
\
YEAH............we'd LOVE to see some pictures!!! :P
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby Jenn » November 24th, 2010, 4:29 pm

:wave2:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby pitsnok » November 25th, 2010, 1:09 am

Hey yrdenal!

I am familiar with Wichita Falls! I used to go to a rod run in Vernon every year and we would all go to the drag strip in Wichita Falls. SO FUN. One of my best friends lives in Altus, OK...and my grandparents are in Lawton which are closeish to you. I'm up in the OKC/Edmond area, so even I'm not far!

Welcome! Glad to have someone else close by!

(Hey guys! Not everyone is from Rochester!!! :dance: )
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Introductions