Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » November 16th, 2010, 5:08 pm

How are you today, Suzanne?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby plebayo » November 16th, 2010, 9:11 pm

I'm okay. I've been staying at my parents for the past few nights. Every time I go to my own home I just feel like bawling. When my cat passed away last year I bawled my eyes out at home, but back then I lived in my own apartment. Now I live with two people and its hard to show that kind of emotion around them and have to be around them.

Sofie came home today, and her urn arrived. I cried when getting the ashes but when I got home tonight felt quite a bit better and felt alright putting them in the urn. I feel better that she is back home. I may try to stay at my own house tomorrow... it just sucks because she's not there and it doesn't feel complete.

Here is a picture of the urn my dad & I got, sorry the picture is out of focus, I took it with my phone:

Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 16th, 2010, 10:02 pm

Oh Suzanne, that's lovely. :hug3:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TheRedQueen » November 16th, 2010, 10:15 pm

:hug3: That is beautiful...
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby plebayo » November 17th, 2010, 12:46 am

I thought so too :heartbeat:

The original plan was to put it out on the deck or out in my mom's flower garden somewhere, Sofie loved to bask in the sun. It's a very well made stone, it weighs about 18lbs, it was made to be outside. However... right now I think I'll bring her home with me. I know it's just her body, I know it's just ashes... but I don't want to throw her out in the cold right now - I'm just not ready. :|
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » November 17th, 2010, 6:57 am

Sophie's urn is beautiful!

I understand about not wanting to put her ashes in the cold right now. That is because you are still grieving and the reality is too difficult to wrap your logical brain around.

I buried my cat, Candy, in my backyard, and years later, I often still get a quick thought of "I hope she isn't cold out there tonight."
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby hugapitbull » November 17th, 2010, 7:01 am

Very beautiful, Suzanne. Hope your days are starting to be a bit less painful. I'm sure it will take a long while for 'normal' to return.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby plebayo » November 17th, 2010, 9:28 pm

I understand about not wanting to put her ashes in the cold right now. That is because you are still grieving and the reality is too difficult to wrap your logical brain around.

Definitely. I talked to my mom about it and she said maybe we could put her out in the Spring when the weather is nicer.

Very beautiful, Suzanne. Hope your days are starting to be a bit less painful. I'm sure it will take a long while for 'normal' to return.

Thanks, I'm doing a lot better. Trying to remember the good times and all of the memories we had together. :hug3:
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby plebayo » November 20th, 2010, 12:27 am

I just wanted to share what Joyce sent me. Just when I thought the tears were done flowing, I came home to a package:

This was so entirely thoughtful and absolutely perfect. It totally made my day.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » November 20th, 2010, 8:02 am

:hug3: I just loved that photo of the two of you. It also made me realize I don't have many of me with my dogs. I need to start adding them to my collection of photos.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Previous

Return to Our Departed Friends