Skippie the Tripawd

Postby hugapitbull » November 17th, 2010, 7:02 pm

I was asked to pass this on to PBT in hopes someone could be able to help this guy out. Rene has become involved with tripawd rescues. Below is Rene's original post.

Skippy is a 5 to 6 year old Pittie who has been at the Burlington Animal Shelter in Mount Holly, New Jersey since May. We just confirmed with the shelter directly that his time is indeed up.

Skippy the Pittie

Although the shelter paid for his amputation, they can no longer hold him because of the lack of interest from the public. Skippy's time was extended last week, and just today they decided to give him a few more days.

Skippy's handler at the shelter says he is a GREAT dog who just has one issue: a bit of leash aggression toward other dogs. The handler feels that this is a workable issue, and that the should be given a chance.

Let's help get this boy into foster care, or better yet, a permanent loving home. Please help spread the word.

Contact info:

Burlington County Animal Shelter

609-265-5073

Skippy's ID is 34888

Handler's name is Mark, frznmrk2@aol.com

or also email JUDYWitt7@yahoo.com
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby iluvk9 » November 17th, 2010, 7:25 pm

Good luck Skippie! :) I do find it ironically "funny" that a tripawd dog gets fiesty on a leash around others.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby hugapitbull » November 17th, 2010, 7:50 pm

iluvk9 wrote:Good luck Skippie! :) I do find it ironically "funny" that a tripawd dog gets fiesty on a leash around others.

He may feel disadvantaged when on leash. They are a lot faster on three legs than on four, it's a balance thing. You have to walk fast to keep up with them or put them on a long leash.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby iluvk9 » November 17th, 2010, 8:02 pm

hugapitbull wrote:He may feel disadvantaged when on leash. They are a lot faster on three legs than on four, it's a balance thing. You have to walk fast to keep up with them or put them on a long leash.

I never thought of that! :dance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby plebayo » November 17th, 2010, 10:32 pm

Awww he's really cute!

I wish the "rescue" we work with at work could see this. Apparently amputation doesn't always make dogs more adoptable. :rolleyes2:

I wish I were closer and could help out, I hope he finds a good home!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby mnp13 » November 18th, 2010, 1:50 pm

plebayo wrote:I wish the "rescue" we work with at work could see this. Apparently amputation doesn't always make dogs more adoptable.

Pet peeve #241,458
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Return to Rescue