thoughts and prayers needed

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby TinaMartin » November 16th, 2010, 10:03 am

mnp13 wrote:Thanks everyone. It got another step of worse today... but thankfully HQ is so wonderful and supportive and they are removing it from my hands.

I went through all of the images again, and spent a few more hours working on them so I could give them another 22. They are not images that I think are great (they already had those) but they are acceptable.

Please, do not think that I am not sympathetic to their horrible loss. I can't imagine what it's like to lose a baby, the thought of losing one of my dogs sends me into panic. However, though I hold it together very well at the sessions (I have a total "shut down" switch in my brain), and generally through editing, the final review process is gut wrenching.

Having a family angry with me is just indescribable. They want what I can't give.

What you are doing for these families is amazing. Unfortunately the pain of loss for some I think dont let them see past the fact that they want something you can not provide. I can not imagine what they go through. I know about the shut down thing. My dad would do that when he did all of the photography for the University of Rochester. He was who they had photograph all of the high trauma and abuse cases. Sometimes he would forget to switch back on.
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Malli » November 16th, 2010, 2:05 pm

I'm so sorry, Michelle :(

Grief and stress can do awful things to people. I have dealt with it before with people and their pets, and for the most part, I don't find it excuseable.

Try to put this one out of your mind, you are doing a wonderful thing for these people(all of them), even if they don't know it now.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Jenn » November 16th, 2010, 2:32 pm

:hug3:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby mnp13 » November 24th, 2010, 3:50 pm

My friend Kristin - the one who inspired me to do this work - was admitted to the hospital. She's 6 months pregnant and there is no amniotic fluid in her womb. Please pray for their little girl, and her and her husband Brennan.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Jenn » November 24th, 2010, 4:07 pm

:sad2: OMG, I'm so sorry to hear that, the biggest prayers, wishes, and good thoughts are headed their way!
Jenn
undecided

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 24th, 2010, 4:43 pm

Oh no - so many good thoughts coming their way... :(
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby TinaMartin » November 24th, 2010, 9:26 pm

Lots of good thoughts and prayers!
Not only am I a member of the Michelle says my dog is fat club I'm the president!
I can Alpha Roll hair!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby Malli » November 25th, 2010, 4:14 am

indeed. Good thoughts.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby mnp13 » December 1st, 2010, 10:42 pm

They got to hold Julia for the first time today. Until now, they have only been able to touch her. :)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » December 2nd, 2010, 7:17 am

Jimmy had jauntice when he was born due to high billirubin count. They had him in the oxygen tent and while it wasn't life threatening, I had to leave the hospital without him. I thought I would die. Holding your child is all you want to do.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Jenn » December 5th, 2010, 12:26 am

mnp13 wrote:They got to hold Julia for the first time today. Until now, they have only been able to touch her. :)

Wonderful!! :)
Jenn
undecided

Postby hugapitbull » December 5th, 2010, 5:18 am

That is great news! Keep fighting baby Julia.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Previous

Return to Off-Topic