My first official foster

Postby mnp13 » November 14th, 2010, 10:46 pm

airwalk wrote:but Michelle I must disagree, respectfully, you have participated in keeping it going both here and on Facebook. You have been an active participant.

Wellllll.... I could say "she did it first" but that would just lead us down the line of "really mature comeback Michelle" so I'll skip saying it (though I will think it, because I had no idea it had moved to facebook until I was told it had moved there.) That said, yes, I have been an active participant because sitting back and watching while someone takes shots at me isn't one of my strong points. I've joined other boards because someone tells me that there are pot shots being taken at me and/or PBT on them. I don't generally just sit and take it like it's not going on. If that's a character flaw, it's one that I embrace.

You are right we will continue to disagree on this topic....

:wave2:
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby airwalk » November 14th, 2010, 10:53 pm

My BFF, you continued ability to jump large chasm's in a single bound continue to amaze me??? You don't know me..you have no idea what I agree with or do not...you don't know if I'm okay with that comment or not..you are jumping to conclusions, as usual. You are making assumptions about someone you know nothing about, as usual. I base my comments on your very specific actions here.

I am speaking very specifically of your comments to me. Which have continued to be immature and without cause...as usual.

I'm confident Michelle is perfectly capable of defending herself, she always has been. You, on the other hand, seem to find mature conversations and discourse difficult, at best. You seem to find providing a thoughtful opinion, in the face of dissent, nearly impossible. You seem to regularly reduce yourself to slinging names and attempting to use intimidation.

That works with folks that find that intimidating..me no so much!
airwalk
I live here

Postby DemoDick » November 14th, 2010, 11:20 pm

airwalk wrote:My BFF, you continued ability to jump large chasm's in a single bound continue to amaze me??? You don't know me..you have no idea what I agree with or do not...you don't know if I'm okay with that comment or not..you are jumping to conclusions, as usual. You are making assumptions about someone you know nothing about, as usual. I base my comments on your very specific actions here.

I'll paraphrase "As usual, you are making assumptions. I base my comments ONLY on your very specific actions here." That makes no sense. Either you are basing your observations on my actions here or you are basing them on prior actions I have taken. You did it again in the next sentence.

I am speaking very specifically of your comments to me. Which have continued to be immature and without cause...as usual.

Yeah, you're sure not bringing in any baggage here (that was sarcasm).

I'm confident Michelle is perfectly capable of defending herself, she always has been. You, on the other hand, seem to find mature conversations and discourse difficult, at best. You seem to find providing a thoughtful opinion, in the face of dissent, nearly impossible. You seem to regularly reduce yourself to slinging names and attempting to use intimidation.

"Intimidation"...really? Is anyone REALLY "intimidated" by written words? I pity such a person.

Here's a few facts to chew on. Number one, I am pretty smart. Not the smartest guy I know by a long shot, but my brain works pretty well and I keep it limber. I also get my ducks in a row before I form an opinion and state it publicly. Number two, I swear. I'm not afraid to use those words. Sue me, my Dad worked in a lumber mill and I don't care who gets their panties in a twist when I get colorful with language. They are just words. Three, I assume that most people can read sarcasm when I apply it like a blunt force trepanning (hence "BFF"). Four, I will never run from anything I have ever stated in writing or in person. Ever.

You seem to feel perfectly comfortable denigrating me as "immature", all while defending the actions of someone who (1) uses the same language I do in a much more aggressive and direct manner than I ever have here ("smurfing asshole'), (2) uses racial slurs ("Nigga please"), (3) then deletes those unflattering statements and tries to drum up sympathy for herself, and (4) gets super pissed (sorry, uh, PO'd) when her pity party implodes...yet we see NO criticism of her behavior and instead you implore everyone to be nice to her?

Again, PLEASE continue.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 14th, 2010, 11:22 pm

Just a friendly neighborhood reminder that you can ignore people's posts by taking the following steps:

1. Click on "User Control Panel" underneath the forum banner.
2. Click on the tab that says "Friend and Foes"
3. On the left hand side, click on "Manage Foes"
4. Put in the name of whoever's (whomever's?) posts you don't want to see.

Sorry everyone, you cannot ignore us staff members! But everybody else is fair game. I encourage you all to use this option when necessary.

:wave:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby airwalk » November 14th, 2010, 11:46 pm

DemoDick wrote:
airwalk wrote:My BFF, you continued ability to jump large chasm's in a single bound continue to amaze me??? You don't know me..you have no idea what I agree with or do not...you don't know if I'm okay with that comment or not..you are jumping to conclusions, as usual. You are making assumptions about someone you know nothing about, as usual. I base my comments on your very specific actions here.

I'll paraphrase "As usual, you are making assumptions. I base my comments ONLY on your very specific actions here." That makes no sense. Either you are basing your observations on my actions here or you are basing them on prior actions I have taken. You did it again in the next sentence.

Yeah, you're sure not bringing in any baggage here (that was sarcasm).

"Intimidation"...really? Is anyone REALLY "intimidated" by written words? I pity such a person.

Here's a few facts to chew on. Number one, I am pretty smart. Not the smartest guy I know by a long shot, but my brain works pretty well and I keep it limber. I also get my ducks in a row before I form an opinion and state it publicly. Number two, I swear. I'm not afraid to use those words. Sue me, my Dad worked in a lumber mill and I don't care who gets their panties in a twist when I get colorful with language. They are just words. Three, I assume that most people can read sarcasm when I apply it like a blunt force trepanning (hence "BFF"). Four, I will never run from anything I have ever stated in writing or in person. Ever.

You seem to feel perfectly comfortable denigrating me as "immature", all while defending the actions of someone who (1) uses the same language I do in a much more aggressive and direct manner than I ever have here ("smurfing asshole'), (2) uses racial slurs ("Nigga please"), (3) then deletes those unflattering statements and tries to drum up sympathy for herself, and (4) gets super pissed (sorry, uh, PO'd) when her pity party implodes...yet we see NO criticism of her behavior and instead you implore everyone to be nice to her?

Again, PLEASE continue.

Demo Dick

You have yet to respond to me, in this thread, in a mature or thoughtful manner. That is fairly specific.

I have, at no time, defended Angie's actions, I have pointed out that many of us...I'm sure never you Mr. Perfect (yes that is sarcasm) ... but many of us have been misled and have misread situations. I did point out that there are many ways to communicate. Some meant to educate and communicate, some meant to denigrate and create discourse (please re-read your comments to see the difference).

I have implored no one to be nice to anyone, I have pointed out that Michelle could have chosen a form of communication that was not intended to create anger. I have asked that folks find methods of being supportive and/or asking questions instead of simply pointing fingers and placing blame.

You certainly seem to have a major problem with things said about you...but no issue with using that type of communication method with others. To quote my Grandmother "that's a bit like the pot calling the kettle black".

Perhaps you should consider your words prior to typing. Perhaps you should consider whether or not you have anything to add to a conversation or if your participation is simply "noise".
airwalk
I live here

Postby amazincc » November 15th, 2010, 12:22 am

airwalk wrote:I seriously cannot believe how quickly everyone here is to look for someone and somewhere to place blame. Seriously, instead of helping, instead of supporting, instead of asking questions...is it really that much easier to place blame.

I tried to help and be supportive. I asked a CRAPLOAD of questions, especially of the "rescue" and the foster (who has Beezus) herself. I was immediately blocked from seeing their pages on FB, and I never got a response.
I never ONCE accused Angie of anything... rather, I waited to hear her side of the story.
What I finally did hear was pretty disturbing, to say the least... and THEN comes this tirade of "smurf you all" here? And a demand for people to "choose sides"? Not to mention some ugly e-mails, messages, and totally untrue accusations directed at me personally? Just ... wow.
I won't bore you w/the details of what's been happening in the last few days, but take my word for it ... it hasn't been pretty.

I don't give a rats ass about the politics of this whole clusterfuck, and I don't care who does, or doesn't, like whom - I'm as much to blame as anyone else involved in the Beezus situation, but make no mistake - the only side I take in this is the side of the dog(s).

I have tremendous respect for you, Diana, and you do amazing work... but things, and people, aren't always what they seem and/or how they are presented.
Not pointing the finger at anyone specifically, but generally speaking... you know that this is true.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby airwalk » November 15th, 2010, 10:27 am

I absolutely know that is true, that was exactly the point I was trying to make.

I don't support any particular position, I don't know everything that went on and frankly don't want to. I understand you feeling responsible, I too always feel responsible when it is one of my dogs, even if I know I've been misled.

My point was and is, there are many ways to communicate and many ways to gain information, I was a tad surprised that there were some that chose to, so publicly, take one of the lowest roads available to them.
airwalk
I live here

Postby LMM » November 15th, 2010, 12:20 pm

Not quite sure why I was deleted as a friend on facebook?

*sigh* This crap has become high school all over again.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby ArtGypsy » November 15th, 2010, 5:35 pm

LMM wrote:Not quite sure why I was deleted as a friend on facebook?

*sigh* This crap has become high school all over again.

From a 'group" phone text message I received, Angie deleted /deactivated? her facebook account, so technically we are all un-friended.
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby LMM » November 15th, 2010, 5:36 pm

It's not either deleted or deactivated.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby ArtGypsy » November 15th, 2010, 7:29 pm

LMM wrote:It's not either deleted or deactivated.

OH. :neutral:
That's What the 'group" text said..

so I guess I'm un-friended along with others.

I tried to go to her page and it says that page is no longer available.
Does that mean I've been blocked?? :|
“Hope has two beautiful daughters: their names are Anger and Courage.
Anger that things are the way they are.
Courage to make them the way they ought to be.”----Augustine
ArtGypsy
First I Caught Her, Then I Didn't Share My Fries

Postby TheRedQueen » November 15th, 2010, 7:45 pm

I can't find her on FB at all...guess I'm on the list too.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby iluvk9 » November 15th, 2010, 7:51 pm

Being a non-Facebook person (yes, I am going to start a club for the 8 of us in the United States NOT on it....) and not having any emails, phone calls or whatevers about the situation, I have two questions:

1) Is Dozia in a foster or permanant home?
2) Is Beezus in a foster or permanant home?

Honestly, we are dog people, who are on a dog forum, to help dogs. The rest of this stuff is just sad to those of us not involved. :sad2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » November 15th, 2010, 7:58 pm

iluvk9 wrote:Being a non-Facebook person (yes, I am going to start a club for the 8 of us in the United States NOT on it....) and not having any emails, phone calls or whatevers about the situation, I have two questions:

1) Is Dozia in a foster or permanant home?

Honestly, we are dog people, who are on a dog forum, to help dogs. The rest of this stuff is just sad to those of us not involved. :sad2:

Good questions...and even as a former friend of Angie, and someone who "liked" the rescue's page, I still have NO idea what's going on with either dog. :sad2:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby DemoDick » November 15th, 2010, 8:26 pm

Facebook allows "unfriending" in addition to a complete block. If you search for someone's name and literally nothing comes up, they have either deleted their Facebook page or completely blocked you from viewing it. They could post on a mutual friend's wall and you would not see it. Same for you. If Angie actually did draw a line in the sand and claim that anyone actively posting on this board was persona non grata, she may well be standing by that. That would be why people posting here can not see her FB page (assuming it still exists). Hypothetically, of course.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby mnp13 » November 15th, 2010, 10:13 pm

iluvk9 wrote:1) Is Dozia in a foster or permanant home?

Unknown. Dozia was adopted out intact. Dozia was returned to the rescue intact. Dozia was then living with Tammi (runs the "rescue"). Dozia came into heat, and was being "hyper", Tammi attempted to have her put down. The vet refused, and she was left at a boarding facility (I don't recall if it was at the vet or not.) Someone tried to have her pulled to go to a permanent home, but last we heard, Tammi was going to go get her from the boarding place (and prevent Dozia from going to that permanent home) because she is still legally the owner.

Unknown. Bee was listed on Petfinder with a total bull, "tug on the heart strings" description. This description claimed that she was going to be killed in a NC shelter when she was pulled and sent to the rescue. She also had a fee of $350 for her adoption. Christine was (justifiably) upset by the lies about where Bee came from and the fee, and contacted the rescue. She was told that it was a mistake and would be corrected. She was also told that there had been no applications on Bee. Literally less than an hour later, Bee was listed as "adopted" on Petfinder. Christine was then blocked from the rescues page.

Those of us who commented that Angie might be somewhat responsible for Bee's situation for not fully checking out a rescue that she was recommending to other people have been told we should keep our mouths shut and/or be supportive of Angie instead. That opinion resulted in the f-you posts yesterday, the unfriending of a number of people, and the emails going around that inform people that they can post here or be Angie's friend.

The question of when Angie knew about Dozia's has been carefully avoided, though the answer would shed a lot of light on things.

So that's the whole story as I know it.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby airwalk » November 15th, 2010, 11:04 pm

Those of us who commented that Angie might be somewhat responsible for Bee's situation for not fully checking out a rescue that she was recommending to other people have been told we should keep our mouths shut and/or be supportive of Angie instead.

If that was aimed at me, then please let me know and I will address. Because if it is aimed at me it is certainly misleading, at bes.
airwalk
I live here

Postby TheRedQueen » November 15th, 2010, 11:06 pm

I could not find Bee on the rescue's petfinder page this afternoon at all...:( And Dozia is not listed either, btw

(She was also listed as being a Jack Russell Terrier mix on the petfinder page)

TheRedQueen

Postby airwalk » November 15th, 2010, 11:11 pm

Given the uproar are any of us really surprised the dogs are no longer listed? Give the tone of the conversation, which by now I must believe they are fully aware of, is anyone surprised they are closing the door tightly?

Sometimes one must give to others in order to get what one needs.
airwalk
I live here

Postby mnp13 » November 15th, 2010, 11:14 pm

airwalk wrote:
Those of us who commented that Angie might be somewhat responsible for Bee's situation for not fully checking out a rescue that she was recommending to other people have been told we should keep our mouths shut and/or be supportive of Angie instead.

If that was aimed at me, then please let me know and I will address. Because if it is aimed at me it is certainly misleading, at bes.

Was it aimed at you? No, not really... or not I should say not "only." I heard from more than one person about similar things to what you posted. I know your position :)
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to Rescue