"Happy Tail"

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby amazincc » November 12th, 2010, 2:40 am

mnp13 wrote:
amazincc wrote:Right now he's wearing a new-piece-of-gauze-wrapped-in-vet wrap-wrapped into-a-paint roller-tied-to-his-hind leg...

Awww come on... where is the PICTURE????

I KNEW someone was going to ask for one... I was betting on Liz though... lol

Let me upload the one I took, through tears - because I'm a dedicated member of this forum, and I know by now that a thread is worthless without pics. :neener:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby mnp13 » November 12th, 2010, 2:49 am

amazincc wrote:Awww... I have never seen a pic of Connor w/his tail still on. :heartbeat: :)

There aren't many of them. We had him for about a month and a half before he put on enough weight for his neuter. He was only 34 pounds when we got him, the vet wanted him to be at least 40 before surgery. He was so thin and sickly that he wasn't exactly prime "photo op" material.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby amazincc » November 12th, 2010, 3:12 am

When he tried to sit down he almost impaled himself because the paint roll is made out of VERY sturdy cardboard and won't bend... kind of what I wanted, but not exactly...
I'm lucky that he tolerates me. :giggle:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby pitsnok » November 12th, 2010, 4:47 am

OMG Christine!!! As horrible as this whole ordeal is sounding, that is the SWEETEST picture I have EVER seen!!

GAWWWDDDD I love that boy!

I hope all goes well from now own. Good thoughts that you don't have to dock!
~Brittany, Degan and Harlow's mom

"It is true that Pit Bulls grab and hold on. But what they most often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart, not your arm."
pitsnok
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby hugapitbull » November 12th, 2010, 7:03 am

Poor pittie-ful boy! He looks pretty content for a dog with wrapping all over. Sleep well baby chicken.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 12th, 2010, 9:16 am

lmao Poor baby chicken!!! I hope that contraption held through the night!

(and I totally would have asked for a pic if Michelle hadn't beaten me to it - some of us are accustomed to waking up at 5am so we fall asleep earlier. :wink: )
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Klopfer » November 12th, 2010, 9:59 am

Poor Faust :(

Get well soon!!!
They say "fighting dogs" grab on and never let go; and it's the truth! Smokey grabbed my heart and never let go.

http://www.schuldig-geboren.de
Klopfer
Just Whelped

Postby amazincc » November 12th, 2010, 6:41 pm

The paint roller lasted through the night, but first thing this morning - when the food came out :rolleyes2: - it also went flying.
Back to the vet for rebandaging the tail this afternoon. Dr. Moore opted to leave the syringe case off, and just wrapped it really, really well... gauze, a tremendous amount of medical tape, the works. It's really thickly padded right now, but... I don't have high hopes of it staying on through the weekend. :|

On another note... TJ took Faust to the vet, and apparently there was a woman there w/a little mop of a dog, who got his little fluffy yapper panties in a bunch and tried to attack Faust. The woman jerked her dog to safety and said "OMG!!! That dog could EAT you!!! Look at that big mouth!!!"
TJ responded:" Nah... Faust is a vegetarian!" LMAO
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby hugapitbull » November 12th, 2010, 9:19 pm

Way to go, TJ! Where's the video?
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby Malli » November 13th, 2010, 12:51 am

well, at least the woman had the sense to see her dog's poor choice :lol3:

Christine! You have to think positive!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby amazincc » November 18th, 2010, 1:19 am

After "wagging off" his bandages and every-other-day vet visits to re-bandage his tail Dr. Moore finally decided on Monday to wrap it almost all the way up to his butt. So far, so good. :dance:

He's NOT a happy camper. :giggle:

He goes back tomorrow for a re-check and to apply for a new "cone of shame", since the current one got destroyed, because he simply plows through any obstacles instead of backing up or going around when he gets stuck. :rolleyes2: :crazy2:

I :heartbeat: him. lol
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby pocketpit » November 18th, 2010, 2:00 am

Here's hoping the new bandage keeps on working. We had to keep Crash bandaged like that for the first two months we had him for the same reason. His "cone of shame" is something else :giggle:
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby BigDogBuford » November 18th, 2010, 9:54 am

Christine, try duct tape to keep the edges of the cone from breaking up.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby amalie79 » November 18th, 2010, 12:29 pm

My word. That glare is devastating. Not a happy boy at all.
"In these bodies, we will live; in these bodies we will die.
Where you invest your love, you invest your life." --Marcus Mumford

--Amalie
amalie79
Loyally Bully

Postby amazincc » November 18th, 2010, 3:59 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:Christine, try duct tape to keep the edges of the cone from breaking up.

He went out this morning, peed, shoveled up some dirt and leaves into the cone when he tried tp pick up a stick... then got himself stuck in the bushes, and completely trashed the whole thing. Even duct tape won't help now. :doh: :nono:
I think someone should invent a bully-proof e-collar.

On the other hand - when I finally freed him he got a wicked case of the zoomies, and he's a happy boy again. :giggle:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Previous

Return to Nutrition & Health