Sinonasal Carcinoma

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby plebayo » November 10th, 2010, 4:48 pm

I tried offering her baby food again today. She reluctantly ate about half of a jar which was a little promising. She still seems to be mopey today. She drank a lot of water this afternoon. I'm kind of stressing so greasy food sounded amazing. I bought a burger and fries and got Sofie her own cheeseburger. She wouldn't eat it :( I offered her just some of the meat patty, she put it in her mouth and spit it out. :(
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby amazincc » November 10th, 2010, 5:14 pm

Oh, Sofie Pants... EAT a little bit of something... :(

Suzanne... :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby hugapitbull » November 10th, 2010, 7:33 pm

Sending good thoughts, Suzanne.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby iluvk9 » November 10th, 2010, 7:45 pm

I know how upsetting this is for you. :hug3: Just give her a big kiss on the mouth for me.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » November 10th, 2010, 8:40 pm

We give pills in liverwurst, it's kinda greasy but the dogs love it (and it's not bad on crackers) you make three or four balls of it, and put the pills in the last ones so after a few they usually just gulp them down.

If she likes cat food, can you just feed her that? The calorie content is high, but isn't that what you want anyway?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby plebayo » November 10th, 2010, 10:51 pm

mnp13 wrote:We give pills in liverwurst, it's kinda greasy but the dogs love it (and it's not bad on crackers) you make three or four balls of it, and put the pills in the last ones so after a few they usually just gulp them down.

If she likes cat food, can you just feed her that? The calorie content is high, but isn't that what you want anyway?

She liked the cat food. She won't touch it now. The last time she actually had access to the cat's food was probably on the 5th or 6th when her appetite was better. Today when I went over to my parents she went over to his bowl like she wanted it and then walked away :|

At this point Sofie doesn't want anything. I gave her an injection of famotidine tonight and will give her another in the morning. When we came home she did eat about a cup of chicken :confetti: but I had to hand feed it to her and again took lots of persistence.

I talked with her dr and he thinks that this might be more tumor/brain related and not kidney related. Her values are way lower than they were before. She should be feeling better. I really don't know what to think, I don't even know how you'd diagnose brain vs kidneys anyway because even if the tumor has grown how would you know if it's actually causing a problem?

I just got off the phone with my grandma - she has liverwurst, I'm going to go to her house and pick some up.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby plebayo » November 11th, 2010, 12:10 am

I offered Sofie a small chunk of liverwurst. At first she didn't want it, I left it there and while I was talking to my roommate she started to eat it. She only ate about half of what I offered, she shoved about half of it off of the dish, licked the plate clean and that was it. :|

I'm about to attempt some subq fluids, just to see if it helps at all.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » November 11th, 2010, 6:53 am

I know what is going through your mind right now, and I know it is getting tougher. My heart goes out to you.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » November 11th, 2010, 7:07 am

Yes, we know this is not easy.
Aside from eating, how are her spirits? Is she up and about?

:hug3:
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 11th, 2010, 9:04 am

I hope Miss Sofie is eating for you this morning! I'm constantly thinking about you guys. :hug3:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby plebayo » November 11th, 2010, 9:13 am

iluvk9 wrote:I know what is going through your mind right now, and I know it is getting tougher. My heart goes out to you.

ParisStreetPitCrew wrote:Yes, we know this is not easy.
Aside from eating, how are her spirits? Is she up and about?

I got about 200mls of fluids into her last night. I woke up about an hour ago to her dry heaving on my bed. I let the dogs out at this point and when she came back in she wanted some water. I let her have a small amount.

She's definitely not feeling well. She's more lethargic than she was before. She hasn't had the zoomies like she did leaving work last week, I definitely know she was feeling better before.

Thanks for asking :hug3:

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I hope Miss Sofie is eating for you this morning! I'm constantly thinking about you guys. :hug3:

Since the heaving episode I haven't offered her anything but will in about an hour or so. Thank you so much for keeping us in your thoughts. We both appreciate it. :hug3:
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Suzi » November 11th, 2010, 1:02 pm

*hugs*,,,along with a 'lil prayer Sophie has a good day today....
Suzi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby CinderDee » November 11th, 2010, 2:44 pm

I hope she feels better and is able to eat a little something.

Hang in there. I know how hard this is. :hug3:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby plebayo » November 11th, 2010, 11:44 pm

Sofie got sick at work today. I gave her a cerenia injection as well as famotidine. No more vomiting so far.

Sofie's got someone in her corner and a butt load of mighty dog arrived today. I've tried one flavor, and am going to try a few more. She's totally uninterested. :cry:

I'll be heading to my house shortly and will try offering chicken and maybe some more liverwurst. I may give her some valium at work tomorrow to see if that encourages her to eat at all. This totally blows.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby amazincc » November 11th, 2010, 11:52 pm

Dammit... not the update I was wishing and hoping for. :sad2:

I'm so sorry, Suzanne. :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby plebayo » November 12th, 2010, 1:04 am

We tried several different cans of mighty dog and Sofie had no interest. I tried raw bacon. No interest. We just got home and tried chicken, again, no interest.

This just sucks in such a bad way. I just want you all to know that I don't feel as alone as I would if I didn't have all of you. I also am very appreciative for the time I've had with Sofie, I'm especially happy for the time that she was feeling really good. I know I am lucky to have had the last 13.5 years with her, I know she's lived a very full life. Regardless of the time we've spent together it doesn't really make it that much easier.

:( x10
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » November 12th, 2010, 6:51 am

:( I am sorry, Suzanne. You have tried everything conventional and non-conventional. When the time comes, you know we will mourn with you.

Sofie is always on my mind, as are you.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 12th, 2010, 9:11 am

I was hoping for a better update this morning. :(

We're here with you, whatever you decide to do.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

pitbullmamaliz

Postby plebayo » November 12th, 2010, 4:24 pm

I decided to run some more blood work in house. Sofie's BUN has jumped up to 98 and CREA is 4.0. I also ran a snap pancreatitis test which came back positive as well. :( :(

We are sending her over the bridge tomorrow, I know in my heart of hearts that Sofie is done fighting. Her kidneys are really, really unhappy. The biggest thing for me was not waiting until Sofie was horribly ill. I was so disappointed when she wouldn't even eat a cheeseburger because that is something I really wanted her to have. I feel like I've let her down in a way because I've let her get this way, but at the same time it helps me feel better about the decision because I know that things really aren't going to get better.

I really appreciate you all being a part of this crazy ride... your support has been so amazing. I am so thankful to be a part of this community.

To end this bummer of a post on a decent note, I gave sofie some mirtazapine again, I talked with a different doctor today and she said valium doesn't work in dogs like it does in cats and she didn't think it would make her eat. Sofie ate 2 cans of Mighty dog today! If she still isn't hungry tomorrow I will give her another dose... I want her to have something in her tummy before she goes. It sucks because this makes me really happy, but I know it's only the medication making her hungry, it isn't really her. :(

Again, thank you all for the support.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 12th, 2010, 4:33 pm

Oh Suzanne. :( I'm so very sorry. Sofie put up a long, hard fight. And you gave her the best of everything and cared for her like nobody else could.

pitbullmamaliz

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer