male boston terrier needs a home

Postby mnp13 » October 3rd, 2010, 6:16 pm

I have a fourteen month old male boston terrier who needs a home. He's fantastic with kids, good with female dogs, I don't know how he is with cats but could try him with mine. I don't have any male dogs to try him with, but he's got spunk, so I don't really think he'd have a problem. He's neutered, up to date on vet stuff and healthy.

He's house broken, mostly crate trained, he currently jumps the four foot fence that is around the yard at the house. He needs some obedience work, and tends to bark some at people he doesn't know. He warms up pretty quickly though. He's a great little dog.

His current home took him on a trial basis at the beginning of the summer and it is not working out, and the people they got him from are not being helpful in getting him back to them. It's complicated.. But they are being responsible by rehoming him, and I told them that I'd help them if they decided that it wasn't going to be a food fit.

So... If you're interested please let me know. I'm handling the adoption. It doesn't have to be local, he just needs to be in the best place possible. I'll post pictures when I get home.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » October 3rd, 2010, 6:52 pm

Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » October 3rd, 2010, 7:19 pm

Sports prospect?
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby mnp13 » October 3rd, 2010, 7:22 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:Sports prospect?

Absolutely
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » October 3rd, 2010, 7:55 pm

16 pounds, about 15 inches tall (not an official measurement) he has a longer than average nose for a boston. Does fetch, doesn't really bring back at this point though. Does play on the spring pole a little when Lu Lu ( the malti-poo ) let's him - which isn't often!!!!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Suzi » October 8th, 2010, 4:17 pm

I'm on the wrong side of the U.S..........Otherwise I'd get Bells an early Christmas present......

ACK!!!! He is adore-a-bull!
Suzi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » October 17th, 2010, 7:58 pm

ok...

THE perfect home just fell through.

permission to cross post granted. I'm the contact person.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » October 17th, 2010, 8:42 pm

I've got some flyballers interested...can you post a write-up on FB, so I can share it with them on there...?
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby mnp13 » November 10th, 2010, 4:51 am

Ok, now we have a deadline... he needs to move by Thanksgiving...

any ideas anyone? Does anyone have foster room? I've had a few people say they want him, then fell through for one reason or another. But it's getting harder on the kids and family the longer he's there.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby TheRedQueen » November 10th, 2010, 9:58 am

I can foster him and get him into a flyball home (I think), if you can arrange transport down here!

TheRedQueen

Postby LMM » November 10th, 2010, 10:39 am

Hey Michelle, can you (or someone) bring him to a couple of our events? We have one coming up this Saturday.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby mnp13 » November 10th, 2010, 2:01 pm

LMM wrote:Hey Michelle, can you (or someone) bring him to a couple of our events? We have one coming up this Saturday.

My grandmother's 90th birthday is Saturday, so I can't. However, he's in Henrietta, do you have someone who might be able to pick him up? I can see if they can drop him off, where is the event?
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » November 10th, 2010, 2:03 pm

TheRedQueen wrote:I can foster him and get him into a flyball home (I think), if you can arrange transport down here!

REALLY????

OK! You're on! Unless he gets adopted this weekend, I'll see what I can find out about getting him down there. Crap... I'd drive him down and have a little visit, but gas money is at a premium right now. Lemme talk to the other half...
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LMM » November 10th, 2010, 2:28 pm

I may have someone to pick him up, one of my fosters is in Henrietta. Let me ask her if she is going to the event for sure!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby mnp13 » November 10th, 2010, 2:33 pm

LMM wrote:I may have someone to pick him up, one of my fosters is in Henrietta. Let me ask her if she is going to the event for sure!

Ok. I'll call you when I hear from the family.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby CinderDee » November 11th, 2010, 3:01 pm

Fingers crossed for the little guy.
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby TheRedQueen » November 11th, 2010, 7:42 pm

I'll try and give you a call tomorrow, Michelle...I've been fighting a migraine all day...and feeling :puke:

TheRedQueen

Postby call2arms » November 12th, 2010, 12:36 am

I think ZuZu needs a boyfriend. :neener:
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby mnp13 » November 12th, 2010, 2:49 pm

Buster is going to Albany tomorrow morning! A friend of a friend is taking him, she does agility with her Boston and her Bull Terrier. She is meeting us in Syracuse to pick him up. YAY!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 12th, 2010, 4:34 pm

Woot!!!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Next

Return to Rescue