Fantastic dog walker today!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 5th, 2010, 7:57 pm

I had to go out of town for a stupid training today for work and was going to be gone at least 14 hours, so I hired a dogwalker to come in twice - once around 9ish and once around 2:30ish. I got one from the biggest, most reputable company here in Cleveland. Annie, my dogwalker, came last week to meet Inara and take a bunch of notes about routines, where stuff is, how I like things done, etc. Very thorough. And then she was supposed to come twice today for 30 minutes each time. She totally went above and beyond. Her first visit was 60 minutes and her 2nd one was 50 minutes! She also picked up poop in my backyard for me! Her notes she left me were too fantastic and just gave me a good smile when I got home:

9:20-10:20: Liz, I trust you had a safe drive to where you needed to be today. Thank you for putting Inara's sweater out and available today for her - we needed it! :) It was chilly.

When I arrived she greeted me with wiggles and smiles but no barking or jumping!! She was excellent and she remembered me! :) I double-checked to see if the other dog was out this AM - not - more likely it might be this afternoon when I visit - so out we went on her tether for pees and fresh air. She even pottied. Then we came inside, got dressed and took off for a walk. I took her for a longer walk this morning because I have a feeling it might be quick - just our 30 minutes - this afternoon. With kids coming home from school, dogs out, etc, I don't know Inara enough yet to go too far from home with all those distractions. But she and I walked for about 40-45 minutes this morning. She was fantastic! She peed, pee-marked (very cute) and pottied again!

When we came home she said thank you and went to her den and cuddled right back up while I wrote my note. She was soo good Liz. I think she'll enjoy her mid morning nap til I return.

2:45-3:45: The pretty little girl was up and awaitin' on me. :) We took off on a nice walk, but we got rained and sleeted on. Oh well, we were dressed and prepared. We walked down the pretty brick road we saw this morning, down to 140th then back on Tyler and then around your block again. She peed but no potty. She pottied in the back yard after we got home. I tried to do some potty pickup and she wandered around sniffing all the leaves...good smells!

Niobe [my cat] came out to say hello!

I gave Inara her Kong and said my goodbyes. She really is very sweet. You have done a fantastic job of working with her! It's been a pleasure to visit today!

I emailed her boss/the owner and asked if I could somehow get a tip to her since she went so above and beyond. It was just nice not having to worry about Inara today and then to come home to such lovely notes and a happy pupper. :)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » November 5th, 2010, 8:11 pm

Wow! I don't think I got such details from my son's sitters, when he was little!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » November 5th, 2010, 8:48 pm

And that email will likely get her some major points with her boss as well. As a former-waitress, I can tell you that people who bothered to say good things (managers usually only hear the complaints!) were a huge help to me at work!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 5th, 2010, 9:29 pm

That's the second complimentary email I've sent about Annie. I also sent one after her initial visit to let the owner know how thorough she'd been.
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

pitbullmamaliz

Postby Malli » November 5th, 2010, 11:31 pm

yay Annie! Thats so cool. :lol3: makes me think there is hope for not-so-easy dogs. (not that Inara is difficult, I just don't know how else to phrase it...;) )
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby TheRedQueen » November 5th, 2010, 11:59 pm

:clap: Yea!

I like to hear this...John says I spoil my clients with my long daily notes about each dog...because we get panicked phone calls/emails if they can't find the note for some reason...lol.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Malli » November 6th, 2010, 1:18 am

I should have said, "hope for not-so-easy dogs and finding someone adequate to care for them"
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby iluvk9 » November 6th, 2010, 6:42 am

Malli wrote:I should have said, "hope for not-so-easy dogs and finding someone adequate to care for them"

Dork. From Canada. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 6th, 2010, 8:02 am

Malli, you're so silly! Inara totally was a difficult dog! You can say it!!! lol But I understand what you're saying about finding adequate care for them. Tough to find somebody you can trust to not treat them like a "normal" dog and expect too much or put them in unsafe situations.

Erin, I was pretty sure I remembered her saying she'd leave a note after each session but I definitely wasn't expecting those. They really made me feel like she made the most of her time with Inara and treated her like her own. It was wonderful. :)

pitbullmamaliz

Postby hugapitbull » November 6th, 2010, 9:50 am

The first kennel we used gave excellent notes like that. A brief overview of each day, each interaction with the dog, whether or not they ate, how much exercise they got. It was fabulous. When we got Trouble they wouldn't take her - the dreaded breed ya' know! I've really felt slighted ever since.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby madremissy » November 6th, 2010, 11:00 am

That is wonderful that you have found someone that you now know you can trust with Inara. That would give me so much peice of mind.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Malli » November 6th, 2010, 12:49 pm

pitbullmamaliz wrote:Malli, you're so silly! Inara totally was a difficult dog! You can say it!!! lol But I understand what you're saying about finding adequate care for them. Tough to find somebody you can trust to not treat them like a "normal" dog and expect too much or put them in unsafe situations.

exactly. Too many people I've met kind of down play Oscar's issues - "he's not THAT bad", or "just let him go", too me he is easy, but he isn't your average dog and you have to know what keeps him easy and safe - it often takes people a while to fully grasp the concept that is Oscar :lol3:
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby AllAmericanPUP » November 6th, 2010, 3:32 pm

That's great!! :D
AllAmericanPUP
Eli's Mom

Postby Ino » November 6th, 2010, 6:30 pm

That is definately a feel good note!! Congrats on the work you and Inara have done :clap: !! I need to work on training with Ino so that someday I can use a dog walker if I need to. Right now, I am afraid to let anyone take him out- especially with the dangerous dog laws here- I won't risk Ino getting put into that category. There are too many outdoor cats and off leash pomeranians around here so until we are solid on the no pulling (it is improving slowly), he will only walk with me. Sadly, I can't use the backyard for now either until I fix the fence between my house and the neighbors because her dog sticks his head through the hole that she patched with a lattice fence and snarls at Ino- which Ino can not ignore. :rolleyes2:
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby furever_pit » November 7th, 2010, 11:33 pm

Wow, that's awesome!
I'm sure she appreciates the email to her boss.
furever_pit
Supremely Bully

Return to Off-Topic