just dropped Connor off

Food, Fitness and how to keep them healthy.

Postby iluvk9 » November 6th, 2010, 6:41 am

amazincc wrote:
mnp13 wrote: So I made a new one with my FoodSaver - it's leak proof and made for freezing. I'm going to make a cover for it as well.

Pfffft... some of us with a tibia plateau fracture/injury have to make due with a bag of frozen peas. :rolleyes2: :nono: :bs: :sad2:

8) I just realized what Michelle meant by "making a cover for it". Christine, maybe when Connor is done with his, he can mail it to you.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby hugapitbull » November 6th, 2010, 9:56 am

amazincc wrote:Pfffft... some of us with a tibia plateau fracture/injury have to make due with a bag of frozen peas. :rolleyes2: :nono: :bs: :sad2:

Now, Christine, it should not come as a surprise to YOU that dogs get better treatment than the humans! :neener:
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby call2arms » November 6th, 2010, 12:25 pm

Good to know that Mr. Connor is doing better!

Chrsitine, I think you need nurse Michelle to come over to set you up properly!
“Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct.” Chuck Palahniuk

I love pus but I hate people.

I can say words like undifferentiated gonads now!
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby mnp13 » November 6th, 2010, 12:39 pm

Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » November 6th, 2010, 12:46 pm

OMG! Poor kid - I didn't realize they had to shave SOOOO much! lol
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby mnp13 » November 6th, 2010, 1:03 pm

iluvk9 wrote: 8) I just realized what Michelle meant by "making a cover for it". Christine, maybe when Connor is done with his, he can mail it to you.

I'll talk to him about it. :wink:
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Ino » November 6th, 2010, 4:47 pm

Ooh- that is one pale hiney he has there lol!! :D Glad he is healing well and is able to do short walks. Ino chews the butts out of the cuz toys too and trades them for different ones while on his back too. Must be a male thing :rolleyes2: !!!lol Connor looks great- much better than I expected this soon after his procedure!! :dance: I still hope Ino does not need it down the line, but am definately going to be running it by the vet every time we are in there to be sure it does not progress. The vet in NY told me someday he will likely need it and if so, we will do it. Seeing Connor's progress definately decreases my hesitation with it. I opted for holistic with Ino mostly because I could not imagine 6 months of age being the best time to open his knee up if it could be avoided, since he was not near done with growing. Luckily- he has not been lame in over a year (fingers crossed).
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby plebayo » November 7th, 2010, 12:18 am

Did they say why they shaved him so wonky? Perhaps a slip of the clippers? lol

Looks like he's getting around pretty well! Here's hoping for continuing good recovery so he can someday get off the drugs and be a wild man again :p
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby SLS61185 » November 7th, 2010, 12:21 am

mnp13 wrote:Here's his naked butt!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-88bGTwiDs

Lol, I love how he has to walk with his cuz in his mouth
Stac

Today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday - Unknown
SLS61185
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Malli » November 7th, 2010, 2:45 am

plebayo wrote:Did they say why they shaved him so wonky? Perhaps a slip of the clippers? lol

Looks like he's getting around pretty well! Here's hoping for continuing good recovery so he can someday get off the drugs and be a wild man again :p

He probably had an epidural :wink:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby plebayo » November 7th, 2010, 11:57 am

Malli wrote:
He probably had an epidural :wink:

Ohhh god poinht! I still would have clipped more hair to make it even :p I didn't even think about that, we had an anesthesiologist show us how to do them but we still don't use them in our knee surgeries, not sure why our dr decided against them. :|
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby Patch O' Pits » November 10th, 2010, 7:57 am

I hope he is feeling better! I just saw this... hang in there! HUGS for you both!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby DemoDick » November 10th, 2010, 7:50 pm

He's doing progressively better and better. Some days are better than others but the general trend is in the direction of improvement. I was really surprised to see him bear any weight at all on it as early as he did. I had a similar surgery to my shoulder this year and the pain was substantial. I can't imagine bearing weight on it.

Again, thanks for the advice and kind words everyone.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby maberi » November 11th, 2010, 11:23 am

He looks great!!

I think they did follow up x-rays on Earl after about a month and the bone had already fused back together. I would imagine Connor's improvement will start to speed up over the next few weeks.

Earl had the same shave job as Connor as well. They put a phentanol (spelling?) patch on the upper backside so he couldn't get to it. Honestly it took him longer to grow that hair back then it did for him to heal
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby Malli » November 11th, 2010, 1:23 pm

my parent's dog's hair took about 1 yr to grow back completely.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby amazincc » November 15th, 2010, 7:29 am

Good luck w/the PT session today... kick butt, Connor!!! :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby mnp13 » November 15th, 2010, 3:15 pm

amazincc wrote:Good luck w/the PT session today... kick butt, Connor!!! :)

THANKS!

We leave in an hour and a half, I'll post when we get back!
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby DemoDick » November 15th, 2010, 6:57 pm

We're driving home from his first appointment. He did really well, Dr. Lewis is very pleased with where he is at. He seduced the staff and they all fell in love with him. He got in the tank and had a great time on the treadmill. We booked a bunch of appointments and so far I'm really happy with the service. Thanks everyone.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby Pit♥bull » November 15th, 2010, 7:27 pm

:thumbsup: Way to go Connor :thumbsup:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby CinderDee » November 15th, 2010, 7:50 pm

Good news! WTG Connor!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer