Yes, the Fire Dept is on standby.

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby iluvk9 » October 31st, 2010, 12:44 pm

I just bought a George Foreman grill. 8)

No, this isn't my kitchen...but it looked so clean and the cabinets look like mine. Also, most photos had meat in them, and I liked this better because it COULD be salmon on the grill.

Why am I attempting to cook, you wonder? I co-teach with a man who WAS a Chef for 10 years. 8) When I told him I microwave my salmon, he almost fainted. :dance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby mnp13 » October 31st, 2010, 12:49 pm

George Foreman grills are great!

They make the best grilled cheese sandwiches too!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Ino » October 31st, 2010, 1:22 pm

I thought it was going to be pictures of more hot firemen.....tease!!! :bs: lol I want a George Foreman grill- I heard they are awesome!!! I am not a seafood person, but I found a recipe online for a marinade that makes Salmon bearable for me and actually makes Talapia awesome!! Here is a link to the recipe if anyone wants to try it. It is real good!! http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Firecracke ... etail.aspx
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby plebayo » October 31st, 2010, 2:59 pm

Anyone can cook on a foreman grill! I second what Michelle said - they really DO make the best grilled cheese sandwiches EVER!
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » October 31st, 2010, 3:54 pm

plebayo wrote:Anyone can cook on a foreman grill!

Well include ME on that list!!!! :) Look what I made!!!! Try to ignore the pattern around the plate. It distracts from my peppers, zucchini and salmon. Although the salmon was a little dry. :| I did put olive oil on it. :|

So, how do I make grilled cheese sandwiches? :popcorn2: I don't use white bread. So if I get 7-grain, will that be okay? What type of cheese?

Oh, I am in love with George! :loveU:

What else can I make that is simple? I am on a roll now. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby hugapitbull » October 31st, 2010, 4:26 pm

Very pretty, Joyce! When do we all get an invite? We've been waiting on this for YEARS!

You can use 9 gain for your grilled cheese. Use your favorite cheese, as long as it isn't soft like brie or cream cheese you should be good to go.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby plebayo » October 31st, 2010, 4:34 pm

You can use any kind of bread and any kind of cheese. Typically in my family we always use some kind of cheddar. Kraft singles make pretty amazing sandwhiches if you like fake cheese squares :p Like Shanna said you probably just don't want to use something too soft... you could always toast the bread in the foreman and then put on a spreadable cheese after the fact.

I've just used the foreman for toasted sandwhiches. if it's not cheese I like doing ham and provolone, after it's toasted I peel it apart and add some sliced pickle and tomatoe and put some mustard on it and it's pretty good.

I think I've done burgers a looooong time ago, other than that I'm kind of out of suggestions I'm not much of a cook myself haha.
Suzanne
Seth, CGC & LiLo
♥♥Sofie - Always in my heart. ♥♥
plebayo
Mrs. Dr. Kildare

Postby iluvk9 » October 31st, 2010, 5:00 pm

plebayo wrote:You can use any kind of bread and any kind of cheese.

Okay! I have Boars Head brand, Lacey Swiss, but I have to buy the bread. :dance:

hugapitbull wrote:We've been waiting on this for YEARS!

Maybe my next thread will be called; JOYCE'S COOKING THREAD AND HELPFUL HINTS!

Well....maybe someday.... :rolleyes2:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 31st, 2010, 5:37 pm

Well done, Joyce! I'm super impressed! :clap:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby madremissy » October 31st, 2010, 7:02 pm

That looks so much better than the microwave fish you have been doing. :wink:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby airwalk » October 31st, 2010, 7:13 pm

We have one and love it. We use it more than any other appliance in the house.
airwalk
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » October 31st, 2010, 7:16 pm

it does look edible. Congrats!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Pit♥bull » October 31st, 2010, 7:26 pm

Oh crap, now who are we going to talk about. :|
Are you sure you cooked that Joyce?
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » October 31st, 2010, 8:10 pm

iluvk9 wrote:So, how do I make grilled cheese sandwiches? :popcorn2: I don't use white bread. So if I get 7-grain, will that be okay? What type of cheese?

Like others said, any bread is fine. Pre-sliced is better because it's uniform thickness.

Any hard cheese is fine. Basically, if you can buy it pre-sliced it's fine. I've actually had grilled cheese with soft cheese, but not in a sandwich press or other grill. Soft cheeses get really messy is all. When you are ready to get crazy, you can try two different cheeses!! And yes, though I am a huge proponent of organic, I do love me a Velveeta sandwich!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » October 31st, 2010, 8:13 pm

Pit♥Bull wrote:Oh crap, now who are we going to talk about. :|
Are you sure you cooked that Joyce?

8) Yes, I made it Bob and it was delicious, even though the fish was dry. :dance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby PoodleMaMaKat » October 31st, 2010, 10:30 pm

Ok ... so I've owned one of these for about 4 years now and it's still in the box in the basement. It's never been out of the box. It's a nice one that you can change the plates and make waffles too. Maybe I need to go dig it out???
Kat
Kodi- Mini Poodle
Mia Puppy - Standard Poodle

If you ever doubt your own beauty, look into your dogs eyes and see for yourself what they see in you.
PoodleMaMaKat
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » October 31st, 2010, 11:31 pm

PoodleMaMaKat wrote:Ok ... so I've owned one of these for about 4 years now and it's still in the box in the basement. It's never been out of the box. It's a nice one that you can change the plates and make waffles too. Maybe I need to go dig it out???

No. You'll HATE it. You should send it to me. I'll take gooood care of it. :D :D :D
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby iluvk9 » November 1st, 2010, 5:52 am

I only got the small version, and it doesn't have removable cooking plates. I got it for SIXTEEN DOLLARS at Walmart! And no, I did not wear my spandex pants and heels to Walmart when I bought it.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Pit♥bull » November 1st, 2010, 7:01 am

iluvk9 wrote:I did not wear my spandex pants and heels to Walmart when I bought it.
:lmao:
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby Tubular Toby » November 1st, 2010, 11:51 am

This thread has inspired me to get one....
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Next

Return to Off-Topic