Oct. 30, 2010.. can't believe that

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby Emi » October 30th, 2010, 12:54 am

6 years ago today, on Oct. 30, 2004, Earl and I adopted Miss Dottie, she's been such a wonderful part to our life. Some times we can't even remember life before Miss Dottie.

Here she is at 6 months old just before I seen her, she had just been taken in by Jennifer, and her first foster person abused her, kept her in a crate for 23 hrs a day. Dottie was extremely blessed that Jennifer took her, the other person wanted the rescue to put her to sleep. Thanks god every day for Jennifer.

Dottie at 6 months old before she came home with us, these two pictures when ever I see them still make me cry. I can't believe how heartless some people are!

Miss Dottie and Earl at 10 months old ...

Miss Dottie around 13 months old...

Miss Dottie around 2 years old...

And a picture taken last year of Miss Dottie and Earl...

She's grown into such a sweet and loving dog. I'm glad we were blessed with her picking us!

Happy 6th Gotcha Day Miss Dottie
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Emi » October 30th, 2010, 1:04 am

And that also a year later on Oct. 30, 2005, 5 years ago today we brought Percy home.

We also got him from the same rescue and the same foster person Jennifer, his 2 brothers and him were abandoned at Petsmart Bandfield hospital when they were 2 wks old. Jennifer had them from 2 wks until they were 6 months old. I called her up and told her that i'd like to get a kitty to be a playmate to Miss Dottie, and she said she had just the kitten for me, and boy was she right, I think I have the best kitten in Percy.

Percy at 2wks old. Isn't he a cutie :)

Percy at 24 wks old...

Percy and his 2 brothers.

Here's Percy at 6 months old the day we brought him home :)

Miss Dottie and Percy... they just adore each other :)

So we have 2 very wonderful pet's who we love. And we feel blessed they are in our lives.
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby iluvk9 » October 30th, 2010, 6:53 am

Happy GOTCHA DAY to Miss Dottie and Percy!!!

I am SURE Miss Dottie will be spending her day with the love of her life, and man of her dreams............Earl! :giggle:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Emi » October 30th, 2010, 7:47 am

iluvk9 wrote:Happy GOTCHA DAY to Miss Dottie and Percy!!!

I am SURE Miss Dottie will be spending her day with the love of her life, and man of her dreams............Earl! :giggle:

Ah so very true :) she loves that man beyond words !:) And thanks :D
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby Ino » October 30th, 2010, 8:49 am

She looks so beautiful and happy- so good to hear happy stories like this!! Happy gotcha day, Miss Dottie!!! :-D
Ino
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » October 30th, 2010, 9:30 am

Happy Gotcha Day to two very lucky animals! I think my fave picture of Miss Dottie will be that one of Earl carrying her. :)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby hugapitbull » October 30th, 2010, 9:50 am

It is amazing what a little love does for the abused and unloved animals. Such a difference from the first pic to the last. She (and Percy) are beautiful, happy little guys now. Congrats to all of you!

It's funny how they consume your life. In just six years you can't image life without her, imagine how we feel after having Trouble around for 12 years.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby ParisStreetPitCrew » October 30th, 2010, 11:01 am

I love how she is smiling in every photo after you adopted her.
HAPPY DOTTIE DAY!!!
ParisStreetPitCrew
Devoutly Bully

Postby Pit♥bull » October 30th, 2010, 11:03 am

Yea for happy 'gotcha' days :) :)
Pit♥bull
Supremely Bully

Postby Suzi » October 30th, 2010, 11:47 am

Happy Day!!!

Wonderful pix of Miss Dotties transformation from "life sucks" to "life is great"!
Suzi
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby CinderDee » October 30th, 2010, 3:16 pm

Happy "Gotcha Day" to Miss Dottie & Percy!!! :confetti: The change in Miss Dottie from the first pics to the one where Earl is holding her is amazing! She looks so relaxed & happy. :)
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Emi » October 30th, 2010, 6:35 pm

Thank you every one for the "Happy Gotcha wishes" :)
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby airwalk » October 30th, 2010, 8:51 pm

Happy gotcha day Miss Dottie and Percy.
airwalk
I live here

Postby Jenn » November 1st, 2010, 2:46 pm

Happy Birthday!!!

****EDIT****
:doh: I meant gotcha day, I think I was on a role with happy birthday catching up!!
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Emi » November 1st, 2010, 5:08 pm

Thanks Diana and Jenn :)
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Return to Pit Bull Talk