Foster homes needed in NEPA

Postby annieinpa » January 23rd, 2006, 9:46 pm

I'm going to be needing foster homes. I'm working on a case now. I'm trying to track down this woman from the Nesquhoning area who has 3 dogs.

She is fostering 2 of the dogs which are shepards w/disabilites from Monroe County. she also has a Mastiff puppy that is in very bad shape.

Let me explain.

I got an email asking for help in Nesquhoning that there was 2 dogs chained that needed help. I went today to check this out.

When I arrived at the house I didn't see any dogs. I introduced myself to the man and I asked the man outside if this is where a woman was fostering 2 dogs. he said yes. which ones were yours. I said neither. I explain to him what our organization does.

He said I'm glad you came, I was going to call you. He started to go into detail about he living conditions of the dogs, and threw a surprise at me. He told me that she also has a Mastiff puppy that is in really bad shape.

I gave him my numbers and told him if he hears anything please update me and I told him if I find her first I'll give him the info he needs so he can pursue w/charges. He said this woman, husband and 5 children lived in feces, urine on the rug, and the kids have been sent to their rooms in dark, no light bulbs in there.

So I'm working on this case , and when I find the dogs I'll need foster homes for them. Until the rescue that let this woman foster the dogs come and take them (which I don't know if I want them to take these dogs. If they let people like her foster I hate to see how they do their adoptions)

The dogs are from some place in Monoroe County.

Would anyone be able to help me foster or find foster homes for these dogs. I'm hoping to find them before it's too late. I'm going to be searching and driving down every single street in Jim Thorpe on Sat.

I will save these dogs.

Please if you can help, please let me know
annieinpa
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby luvmyangels » January 23rd, 2006, 10:02 pm

Best of luck in your search. I wish I could help but can not at this time. Plus I am quite a distance from you. Keep up the great work that you do.
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby annieinpa » January 23rd, 2006, 10:09 pm

Thank you.

I'm not going to give up until these dogs are found and saved. I'm going to visit the Carbon County friends of animals shelter on Sat. and talk to them and see if they can work w/me.

Thanks for your offer, it's very much appreciated.
annieinpa
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Maryellen » January 23rd, 2006, 10:34 pm

petfinder has a list of people willing to foster in every state.. you sign up, then punch in your zip code and wahla.. foster and transporters and volunteers at your fingertips..

also, the rescue that gave her the dogs supposedly might not have visited her house. or her house couldhave gotten worse after she got the dogs if a home check was done..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby annieinpa » February 4th, 2006, 7:44 pm

I was told that noone ever checked up on the dogs. :(

I will sign up at petfinder now, thank you soooo very much.

thanks
annieinpa
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Kangas Mommy » February 4th, 2006, 9:55 pm

Annie how horrible. Let me know if you find the dogs. A fellow vet tech that works with me is interested in rescuing a Mastiff. So let me know. We can get it the medical care he or she needs. Also if you need help with anything else let me know i will be willing to lend you a hand! GOOD LUCK!
Kangas Mommy
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Return to Rescue